Lifetime by Uhura the 9th
RetiredSummary:

See the source image

 

Another campy story on Spock and Uhura and how their relationship works. This story doesn't bash Christine. : ) Part 8 of Uhura's World Series.


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Nyota Uhura (Television)
Classification: General
Genre: Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: Uhura/Spock
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges: None
Series: Uhura's World Series
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 28739 Read: 40160 Published: February 22 2020 Updated: May 21 2020
Chapter 2-Dreamboat by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

Summary:Spock and Uhura are in a meaningful relationship and still getting to know each other. Now something will change all that.

Everything is well on the Good Ship Enterprise, Kirk is happy because he has a happy crew. Nothing like a happy crew, as people go when you are assigned to a ship like the Enterprise. You have to find ways to entertain yourself and the Enterprise is no different. The crew is divided based on their hobbies and other activities, some go to the gym if you're into that daily:

lifting weights

swimming

track and field

tennis

virtual baseball

then there is an assortment of clubs;

chess clubs

engineering club

physics/science club

theater club

But the activity that most of the crew enjoy, is the entertainment events that happen once a month. Most of the crew show their talented side to help unwind on those dull days. Captain Kirk and McCoy enjoy this event because they get the witness the gifted and talented, but mostly the not so talented performance. They get great joy watching those perform and the crew overreacts.

The low ranking officers take turns introducing the acts before a live audience. But the person that the crew would like to hear and see is Uhura with her enchanting singing. When she performs, the majority of the crew would watch her on monitors all over the ship to hear her sing one of her songs. An encore if she did three, the crew is ecstatic when they know Uhura will perform on that date. But for the last couple of months, Ms. Uhura has engaged in other areas (a special someone) beside her communication department and the crew long to hear her.


And now to our famous bridge crew at work:

Spock turns from his station and proceeds to the command chair to give updates to Kirk. He takes the three steps down, folds his long arms behind his back and engages with the captain:

"Captain our rendezvous with the USS Exeter will be on schedule."

Kirk looks up from reading the latest report; "That's good Mr. Spock, Mr. Scott will be pleased to have another engineering crew."

"Lt. Williams records indicate that he has the latest schematics in engineering programming. Mr. Scott will quite interested in his knowledge."

Kirk turns his chair toward Uhura; "Lt. Uhura notify engineering that their guest will arrive on time and have a welcoming committee to receive him."

Uhura turns back to her console and pipes down to engineering with the captain's request. "Yes, sir."


Meanwhile down in engineering, a very distraught chief is displaying his animosity about the new crewman.

"Every time I turn around I'm dealing with a new trainee like I have time for babysitting."

"What was that Mr. Scott?" asked Masters.

"Listen, Lass, I want you and Kyle to receive the new laddie and set him up, then have him report here so I can have a look's see on the lad."

"I take it you don't like the new guy already Mr. Scott?"

"Anything that takes up my time is a nonsense lass. Now get going." Scotty turns back to his monitoring panels with a pad in his hand.

Masters chuckles as she turns to find Kyle and get ready to receive the new crewman. She went to the intercom and paged the quartermaster.

"Reynolds here."

"Good afternoon, I have a new crewman coming about at 1500 hours, he will need standard Lt engineering uniforms and private quarters."

"Already on it Lt, I received the order form just this morning."

"That's great! Less for me to do. Thanks, Reynolds." Masters closes the com and went to find Lt. Kyle.


A little while later, the Exeter has rendezvous with the Enterprise and Kyle, Masters are at the transporter controls. Yeoman Evers stood by waiting for the new crewman, she has her pad ready to report the new arrival and start the process of setting him in his quarters. Lt. Kyle receives the signal from the bridge that they are ready.

"Oh ladies, here we go."

"Just another day on the job Kyle," smirked Masters.

The transporter activates and a man with his duffle bag starts to materialize. What transformed on the pad stopped both Evers and Masters hearts.

Masters whispers under her breath: " Oh.... my..."

Evers's mouth falls open and her eyes widen. Standing on the transporter pad is a six-foot-three, green-eyed, bronze Adonis. His hair dark brown, broad shoulders, a real gladiator appearance. Masters looked at the gorgeous man, he had a winning smile. Just by looking at the man, women on the ship will fall apart and melt in his hands. He has a body that most women dream about and... wow.

Both women take a deep sigh almost simultaneously, giving the lost look of attraction.

Kyle looks at both woman and sees them drooling over the man, he walks around the console and addresses him.

"Welcome aboard, I'm Lt. Kyle"

The man steps down to greet Kyle. "Glad to meet you, I'm Lt. Tennessee Williams the 6th"

Kyle turns around to see the ladies still staring at Tennessee and tries to get Masters' attention.

"Umm, this is Lt. Masters she also works in engineering."

Tennessee approaches Masters to greet her; "Hello Lt. And.."

"This is Yeoman Evers, she will help you with supplying things to your quarters," said Kyle.

Both ladies said at the same time in a whimsical voice: "Hi"

Kyle stares at both women and sees them stargazing Tennessee and shakes his head.


Meanwhile back on the bridge, Kirk is exchanging greetings with Captain Maxwell of the Exeter, sitting in his command chair with two disks twirling in his hand.

"It's good to see you Kirk." giving him smirk.

"You as well Maxwell, what are you up too?"

"Just patrolling the perimeters, um you have Lt. Williams yet? He should be there, my crew said he left."

"Yes, we do."

"Good, now my sickbay will be cleared." Maxwell starts to chuckle.

"What do you mean? Is the man sick or something?" asks Kirk. Spock turns and steps down to Kirk's command chair for clarification.

"Oh no, nothing like that, but you'll see. Godspeed Kirk." Maxwell was practically laughing when he ended his transmission.

Kirk looks over to Spock and gives him a quizzical look; "What does he mean by that?"

"Unknown captain."

"Sulu engage in our next course."

"Aye Captain."

Meanwhile, back in the transporter room; Tennesse went to retrieve his duffle bag from the platform.

"What do I do first?" He asked.

Evers went to assist him with his bag while staring at his broad back, she missed stepped and fell hitting her elbows hard on the floor. Three of them rushed to aid her;

"Evers! Are you OK!" asked Masters with concern look, she knelt to check on her first followed by Kyle and Williams.

She says quakingly staring up at Williams: "Oh, how clumsy of me, I.... should watch where I was going."

"You should report to sickbay and get yourself checked out," states Masters.

"NO! Um, I'm ok, I still can.... Look....I mean, do my job Masters."

Masters looks at her and then slowly towards Williams who now holding her hand for comfort. Masters snaps out of her stargazing and commands Evers.

"No yeoman that's an order, report to sickbay."

"That wouldn't be bad idea young lady, you should do like the Lt. Masters says," said Williams who is slowly picking up her from the floor. Evers kept her eyes glued on his sparkling green eyes, then her gaze drifted down to his full lips and let out another sigh. They were so dreamy, she could stop looking at him.

"OK, if you say so Lt. Williams."

"I'll let sickbay know that you are on your way Evers," said Kyle who is stilling looking at the mystified yeoman drooling over Williams. Masters picks up Evers' duty pad as she also gets up.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of the Lt."

Evers starts walking towards the doors but still staring at Williams, they open and she turns and says softly:

"Goodbye Lt. Williams" and walks out the door towards sickbay. Kyle continues to shake his head over the incident and softly chuckles to himself. She didn't even realize that she was hurt, rubbing each elbow as she left.

Masters turns to Williams:

"Well, Lt. Williams it seems you are going to be an impact on our ship. Let's get you settled in. Mr. Scott wants to meet you, so grab your bag and follow me."

"What do you mean Ms. Masters by impact?"

Masters looks at Kyle who is still shaking his head with a comical smile on his face. She takes a deep breath; and thinks to herself;This is going to be fun, this man is so fine and almost oblivious of his looks. The women on this ship are going to smell fresh meat, and they're willing to drop their panties for him.

Williams picks up his bag and follows Masters into the corridor.

"Come on Williams, let's get you settled in."

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3858