Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter Eight

 

Philip – 1997 (Spring Semester)

Philip’s eyes honed in and followed a pacing Cameron as he sat silently on the edge of his bed, waiting for her to speak.  He could see marks from the soles of her Chucks form in his bedroom carpet from her dragging her feet as she moved back and forth, which made him cringe.  He wanted desperately for her to stop and just tell him what was going on and not kill the carpet during the process.  His mom would have a fit.  She’d met him on his front porch when he got home from school for ‘math tutoring’ or so he thought.  She looked distraught when he approached her and she immediately jumped up from her seat on the steps and grabbed his hand, rushing him through the front door and upstairs to his bedroom.  Once they were safe behind closed doors, he slyly made his move, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body but she resisted, lightly pushing him away and asking him politely to have a seat.  And there he was, patiently waiting and rather confused about what had Cameron so uptight and upset.

“What’s up,” he finally spoke, apparently breaking Cameron’s concentration, as she halted and stood in front of him with concerned eyes.  Thank goodness.  He thought she’d walk the carpet out until there was only concrete to be seen.

“Erin Collins,” she began, holding up her hand, an indication for him to close his already opened mouth to protest against her usual bi-weekly Erin rant.  “Let me finish.  Erin told Nina and me today in the locker room that she was pregnant and that the baby could be yours or George Hamilton's.”

“What,” Philip said with a slightly confused smile on his face.  He laughed at the ridiculous notion.  He stared at Cameron who looked like she was possibly on the verge of tears.  She never cried.  He composed himself to be more serious before he began to speak again.  “You know that’s not true, right?”

“Yeah,” Cameron said, though she didn’t sound so convinced.  She took a seat beside him and gripped his hand tight in her own.  “What are you gonna do about it?”

“I’ll talk to her,” Philip replied, staring into Cameron’s face.  Her eyes moved from his to their cupped hands.  “What do you think I should do?”

“Let me punch her in the throat so she can’t go around saying you’re the father of the supposed child she’s carrying.”

Philip laughed.  “Cam, don’t you think you’re being a bit irrational?”

“I don’t think you’re not taking this seriously enough.  It’s your reputation on the line and she’s smearing it because she wants so badly to be with you.”

“We all know Erin’s a little pot stirrer.  I mean she probably said that just to get under your skin.”

“No,” Cameron said jumping to her feet.  “You weren’t there and you didn’t see her face.  She believed without a shadow of a doubt that you could possibly be the father of her child.”

“She also said George could be the father of her child which is a lot more believable than me since she’s been hanging out with him every day after school.  He’s even admitted to us more than once that he was hittin’ that.”

“So you haven’t had any... close... encounters with her,” Cameron finally asked.  He could tell by her tone that she didn’t want to ask him that but couldn’t resist either.  She stood in front of him, a look he’d never seen before consumed her face; a mixture of doubt and fear he thought.

Philip rested his elbows on his knees and inhaled deeply before looking back up at her with serious eyes, focusing in on the darks of her pupils.  How could he let her know that she was the only one for him? What could he do to convince her that he meant every word he’d said to her since they’d been together? He could actually see himself married to her with children of their own, as frightening as that was for him.  He’d awaken in the middle of the night two weeks ago, sweat dripping down his torso, thinking he’d gotten Cameron pregnant, his mind reeling through the past three months of their sexual activity.  He’d been very careful and they always used protection.  If he’d gotten anyone pregnant it would have been her.  And he just couldn’t, wouldn’t do that to her.  He loved her too much to jeopardize their relationship and futures.  “I couldn’t and never will do anything like that to you.  You do know that, right? And how would I be able to do that when we’re practically together almost from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed?”

Cameron exhaled heavily, like she’d been holding her breath the entire time. 

“Philip,” she released a nervous snicker.  “I’ve spent most of my life seeing you with other girls.  I’m not a fool.  I know that they gravitate towards you and that you like the attention.  I mean who wouldn’t?”

“I also don’t act on every impulse Cameron.  You give me no credit,” he said slightly perturbed by her assessment.  Sure he had an advantage over the average guy.  Philip knew he was a good looking guy but he didn’t use that to sack girls.  It was always all in good fun.  He was being a teenager.  “You’ve known me a long time and have I ever did anything shady to any girl I’ve dated.”  He waiting patiently for her reply.

“I’m sorry,” Cameron began, rolling her eyes, frustrated at herself he assumed.  She buried her face in her hands before looking at him again.  “I didn’t mean that in a bad way.  I’m just letting you know that I know what I got myself into when we started this.  But I’m not willing to share not one part of you with anyone other than your parents.”  Her face was flushed with embarrassment.  She was genuinely scared to lose him and that made him want her even more.  She was a fighter and she was willing to fight for him.

Philip reached out his hands for her to take and she obliged.  He pulled her thin body into his arms and buried his face into her stomach, taking in her smell while she ran her fingers through his messy hair.  He pulled his face away from her body and stared up at her face and said something he’d wanted to say to her for a very long time.  “I love you Cameron.”

Her lips parted slowly but no words came out and her eyes widened, in shock he supposed.  Coming to the conclusion that he’d startled her with his admission, he decided to change the subject.  “I’ll talk to Erin in the morning before home room, okay?”

Cameron only nodded in response and took a seat beside him on his bed.  They sat there in silence for a moment and Philip wondered what was running through her mind.  She did believe him, didn’t she?  Before he even realized, Cameron had grabbed his chin, forcing his face to look towards her.  Her eyes roamed all over his face, taking in every detail before she began to speak.  “I love you too Philip.”  And then she leaned in for a kiss.

They pulled away before going much further and Philip reached into his back pack and pulled out two pieces of paper, handing them to Cameron.  She stared at the paper in her hand and a smile began to spread across her lips. 

“Will you go to prom with me,” Philip asked.

She quickly averted her eyes to him and leapt off of his bed in joy, wrapped her slender arms around his neck and plastered his face with kisses.

“I take it that’s a yes,” he asked.

“Yes,” Cameron said with a bright smile.

 

Erin – 1997 (Spring Semester)

She didn’t know what she was going to do or how she was going to tell her mother but she needed some options and she needed them quickly.  How did she get herself in this mess anyway? Easy, by turning into the girl she swore she would never become again.  All to impress a guy who wasn’t even remotely interested in her.  He was too busy pawning over miss goody two shoes Cameron Austin. 

If anyone thought that Philip and Cameron couldn’t become tighter than they were, they were mistaken.  It didn’t go unnoticed by Erin that they were practically joined at the hip after Christmas break.  It was like they were secretly dating or something.  Once, after school, Erin went to meet up with George after baseball practice, which also gave her a chance to admire Philip from afar.  She waited in the bleachers, while the guys wrapped up and headed back to the dugout.  Out of her peripheral, she saw Cameron hanging out by the equipment racks, obviously waiting on Philip.  She was still in her tennis garb, her hair was in a high tight bun on top of her head and her skin was flushed and rosey.  She was a pretty girl and Erin could see why Philip liked her but she was so self-righteous, always stating what’s right and what’s wrong.  It was annoying really. 

Just as the coach dismissed the guys, Philip walked over to Cameron and placed his hand on her lower back, escorting her towards the locker rooms.  Erin found it a little odd but brushed the action aside until she met Cameron and Nina in the locker room earlier this week.  She’d been eavesdropping in on their conversation prior to entering.  It hurt her ears to hear Nina tell Cameron she thought Philip was going to ask her out.  Cameron was so dull.  He should be with her if he really wanted to have a good time.  Instead of just going in minding her own business she opted to do what she’d come to do best, get under Cameron’s skin.  She knew the baby was George Lewis’ child without a doubt.  She’d been sleeping with him and only him for over six months and they hadn’t used protection on several occasions.  And she might as well start telling people before she began to grow like a cow.  Better she let everyone know than be the talk of the school, so she decided to play a game.  She’d admit her pregnancy to Nina and Cameron but not before making Cameron squirm.  If Cameron reacted harshly to her saying Philip was the possible father of her child, Erin would know for sure something was up.  And she did.  Cameron got so angry and upset to the point of swearing before she stormed out of the locker room.  If Cameron wasn’t dating Philip, then there would be no need for her to explode the way she did.  There was much more going on than what they were letting on and Erin had every intention to get to the root of it.  Perhaps, the preacher’s kid wasn’t so self-righteous after all.

Erin hurried down the hall to home room, struggling to keep up with her usual pace.  She was two months pregnant and could feel the effects of another human being growing in her body.  Constantly lethargic and tired became her usual constant state of being.  She was about eight feet from the door when Philip halted her path.

“Hey,” he called out just before she approached him.  “I need to talk to you.”

Cameron must have run back and told like the little snitch she was.  “Sure,” Erin replied.  “What’s up?”

Philip leaned in and whispered, as so no one near them could hear.  “So rumor has it that you’re pregnant and that you think the kid could be mine,” his eyes widened in disapproval of the lie.  “Or George Hamilton's.”

“Did you hear that from Nina or Cameron,” she asked with a devilish smile but Philip did not smile in return.  He was quite stoic actually.  “C’mon, it was a joke.”

“That’s really nothing to joke about.  We will never ever have sex.  You’re not my type.  So keep my name out of your mouth.  Okay?”

“It was just a joke Philip.  Lighten up.  You’re acting like Cameron.  What, you can’t take a joke now?  Is little Miss perfect Cameron rubbin’ off on you?”

“That’s not the point,” Philip said, his voice sharp and cutting.  “You can’t go around spreading lies and rumors about people.  It don’t work like that.  If you want to make friends, you’ve got to be a friend.”

Erin stared at him.  He’d raised his voice at her and appeared to be very angry.  Maybe she had taken things too far.  She would have eventually told the truth.  She was just having a little fun before she wouldn’t be able to have any more fun.  Before she knew it, she’d be a single teenage mom trying to make it on her own.

“I’m sorry,” she replied in a soft tone.  “I really mean that Philip.  I just... I don’t have anybody.”  Her voice cracked and a tear fell down her cheek which she quickly wiped away.  She didn’t want to show weakness or fear but that’s exactly how she felt.

“So you’re really pregnant,” Philip asked a little stunned.  He must have thought the whole thing was a gag.

Erin slightly laughed to keep herself from crying before nodding her head, another tear trickling down her cheek.

“Look,” Philip said walking closer to her.  “You have options.  You can keep the baby or you can give it up for adoption.  There’s abortion but I kinda have mixed feeling about that.”  His eyes looked downcast after he spoke.  “I could have been aborted.”

She looked up at him a little shocked at his words.  What did he mean by he could have been aborted?

“I’m adopted actually,” he admitted shortly after his comment.  “That’s what I meant by the abortion thing.”

“Really,” Erin asked, a little taken that he’d talk about that with her.  Erin offered a smile in return.  He was opening up a part of himself to her as condolence.  It was nice seeing him show that he cared, though she never doubted he was that type of guy.  No one seemed to care at all, so his words really touched her.  She told George about two weeks ago and he had terminated all communication with her from that point on.  Philip, on the other hand, was willing to lend an ear and even give her suggestions.

“Yeah,” he replied as they walked towards their home room class.  “My mom and dad told me last year and I just recently got in touch with my real mom.  I’m gonna go visit her this summer.”

“Wow,” Erin replied.  “You found her?”

“She had herself placed in a system where if her real child wanted to find her, she wouldn’t be too difficult to find.  I got the name of the adoption agency from my mom and dad and within a week or so I was in contact with Tracey, my real mom.  We wrote and talked all last summer.  It was awesome getting to know where I came from.  She told me she was seventeen when she had me and that my dad died in a motorcycle accident about three months after she found out she was pregnant.”  Philip stopped at the door of the classroom and looked at Erin.  “I’m not gonna bore you with anymore details but I can get you some information if you’re interested?”

“Sure,” Erin replied.  She smiled as he opened the door for her.  “I’d like that very much.”

“No problem.  I’ll get it to you.”

 

Cameron – 1997 (Prom Night)

Gentle spring breezes floated around Cameron as she stood outside of the hotel waiting for their limousine to pick them up and take them to the after party at the school.  Philip came up behind her and tossed his tuxedo jacket around her shoulders before whispering sweet nothing’s in her ear.  She grinned as he excused himself to go talk with Greg for a moment as they waited. 

Cameron slipped her arms inside of Philip’s jacket, taking in the smell of him that lingered in his jacket.  She could stay wrapped up in him forever if that was possible.  She was over the moon in love with Philip, to the point where it actually scared her sometimes.  She’d placed him on a pedestal before but now he was more like an idol she couldn’t stop thinking about or worshipping.  Sometimes, she felt like them sleeping together was a mistake and other times she’d find ways to justify her behavior.  The truth was Cameron felt like she’d compromised a part of herself and her faith by going this far with him.  It was a constant push and pull in her mind that weighed heavily on her more than she’d ever admit to anyone, though she knew God was always in the know.

Chilled hands found refuge in the pockets of Philip’s jacket as their limo pulled up.  She felt a piece of paper inside and pulled it out, thinking it was their prom ticket stubs.  To her surprise it was a folded piece of notebook paper.  She thought for a moment to just tuck it back inside the pocket but curiosity got the best of her and she decided to search the contents of the paper.  It had the name of one of the local adoption agencies name and phone number scrawled across it along with a non local phone number and the name Tracey written underneath that.  Tracey was Philip’s real mother’s name, she thought to herself, staring down at the piece of paper snug between her fingers. 

“What’s up,” Philip asked approaching her.  She briefly looked up and stared at his smiling face.

“What’s that,” he asked, nodding towards the piece of paper Cameron held in her hands.

She hesitated for a moment before handing it to him.  “It’s yours.  My hands got cold, so I placed them in the pockets of your jacket and pulled this out... and read it.”  She nervously laughed.  “What’s it for?”

“Uh,” Philip began.  “I was gonna give it to Erin.  She’s considering giving her baby up for adoption and I told her I’d get her some info.”

Cameron shook her head in affirmation but his mother’s name and phone number scrawled on the paper kept gnawing at her.  Why was he giving Erin his real mother’s contact information?

“Why is your birth mom’s name and number on the paper? What does Erin need that information for?”

“Don’t do that,” Philip said with a heavy sigh.  “She needs help Cameron.  I would think you of all people would show her a little more compassion.  She’s a scared pregnant teenager.  I thought talking to Tracey would ease her mind some.  To talk to someone who’d gone through something similar.”

“Excuse me,” Cameron’s face frowned, her brow furrowing in anger.  “I haven’t said a word to you about you cancelling on me or you running to the aid of Erin Collins for the past four weeks.”  Her arms abruptly swung across her chest in defense as her verbal attack began.  “You didn’t think I’d notice you’d been hanging out with her more often and inviting her over to your house? And I have tried so hard not to say anything and to just let it be.  Convincing myself that you’re just being a nice guy and trying to reach out to her because no one really likes her.  I’ve been trying to be an understanding girlfriend, not questioning your or her motives, so don’t lecture me about compassion.  The truth is Erin got herself in the mess she’s in.  Not you or me but her and George.”

You could just as easily be in the same boat as Erin, Cameron.  Have you thought about that? What if we weren’t careful? And I know you don’t like her but the girl needs some help and I’m not going to stand by and let her suffer through something when I can help her out.  I don’t care how conniving she may or may not be.  Everyone needs someone, sometimes Cam.  So maybe you shouldn’t spout off about Erin getting herself into the mess she’s in.  You’re being a hypocrite and I don’t like it.”

Cameron slowly took off Philip’s jacket and handed it to him before turning her back on him and walking away.  He called out to her several times but she continued her stroll, daring herself to turn around and look at him.  Before she knew it he ran in front of her to cut off her path.

“Calm down,” Philip said, grabbing Cameron’s shoulders in an attempt to make her look at him face to face but she refused, her eyes darting everywhere but his face.  “I’m sorry.  I have noticed how disconcerting me hanging out with Erin has been for you but you’ve been really cold to me lately and I just wanted to have a nice night alone with you but you brought up all the Erin stuff and I got a little cranky about it.”

“No need to apologize Philip,” Cameron said softly, still not looking at him.  “I’m sorry I’m a hypocrite who judges everyone.  It’s how I’m wired, I suppose.  And I’m really sorry you feel that way about me.  I’m also sorry to tell you that you don’t have to worry about me being a hypocrite anymore because we’re done.  I’ve been in agony,” her voice broke suddenly and a single tear swept across her cheek, which she vigorously rubbed away with the back of her hand.  She composed herself before continuing.  “Pure agony because I’ve been lying to my parents and to myself about what we’ve been doing, knowing it’s not right.  But I thought I could somehow make it right because I was in love with you but I now see the truth.  It’s crystal clear that you don’t feel the same way about me and that’s fine.  That’s fine Philip.  I can live with that but I can’t keep doing what’s wrong with you, desperately trying to make it right in my head and in my heart.”  She stood on the tips of her toes and kissed Philip on the cheek.  “I’ll see you around.”

Then she walked off, her arms wrapped tightly around her waist, as she removed herself from Philip and their current situation.

 

Philip – Summer 2011 (Dinner Party)

The guest gathered into the formal dining room, searching for place cards with their names scribed across in a feminine scripted font.  Philip found his quickly, noticing he’d been placed in between Max and Erin.  He took his seat and planted himself down, just as Cameron sat down across from him.  Was Nina trying to torture him? Maybe it was part of some grand scheme to aid in the reconciliation of his and Cameron’s relationship.  His heart began to beat fast at the sight of her.  She looked exceptional tonight, her brown skin complimented by the coral colored halter baby doll dress she donned.  He tried to divert his attention elsewhere but his gaze would not remove from Cameron.  It was like a permanent fixation, he wanted desperately to detach but he feared the only way that would happen would be to remove himself from the situation altogether.  So he’d suffer the evening out, pining over the one that got away. 

Cameron’s stare affixed on him and for a moment Philip thought his heart stopped.  The look in her eyes was that of embarrassment and shame.  But why? Why was he causing her such internal grief and turmoil? It seemed the very sight of him sent Cameron somewhere she did not want to go. 

Philip felt a soft hand clasp his shoulder, as Erin passed behind his chair to her own seat.  She smiled at him briefly before he turned his attention back to Cameron who had fastened her eyes towards the head of the table where Greg and Nina stood.

Greg had a glass of wine in his hand and gently tapped it with a butter knife to get everyone’s attention.

“Thank you everyone for coming to dinner tonight,” Greg began his introduction speech, placing his glass of wine on the table and wrapping his other arm around Nina’s waist.  “As you all know, you all are very near and dear to Nina and I and we are honored that you took time out of your busy lives to share this very special occasion with us.”

“Greg and I,” Nina began, “Have been best friends for what feels like an eternity and it only felt natural for us to evolve into something more.  He, like many of you, have been there for me when times were hopeless and I felt all alone and even when I didn’t want him to be there.”  Nina laughed, rubbing the back of Greg’s neck.  “And by him being there, it proved to me that he loved me even when I didn’t love myself and showed me how to love myself again.  A love that I’d always had for him but suppressed because of our friendship.”

“We appreciate and love you all and thank you with much gratitude for sharing this very special moment with us,” Greg concluded, picking up and raising his glass of wine. 

“To tha bri-an-grooom,” Mimi replied happily, lifting her glass high in the air.

“Cheers,” the room resounded with joyful acknowledgements of the celebratory moment as everyone took sips from their glasses.

They all began to eat, family style, passing bowls of side dishes and freshly baked bread to accompany their main course.  Philip’s hand brushed Cameron’s as she reached for the potato dish Mrs. Sohn prepared for the occasion.

“I’m sorry,” he said drawing his hand back quickly, allowing her to get her serving first.  She withdrew at the same time and her hand immediately cupped the base of her throat, her fingers applying pressure like the day she ran into him at his parent’s house.

“Don’t worry about it,” she replied staring at him like a doe caught in headlights.

In that moment Philip just could no longer take it anymore.  He picked up the fine linen napkin that laid on his lap and placed it next to his dinner plate before coming to his feet.  Making his way around the table he approached Cameron’s chair and stood there, his hand firmly gripping the back of her chair.  But her eyes did not remove themselves from the plate of food in front of her.  She just sat still as if she hadn’t noticed he was there, hovering over her.  Everyone’s attention was glued to the two of them, like a soap opera was about to unfold. 

Philip leaned towards her finally and spoke after a very long and awkward moment of silence.  “We need to talk.”

Her eyes gradually made their way from the plate of food to his face, as she bit down on her bottom lip.  He placed both hands on the back of her chair, to aid her in pulling it away from the table.

“Excuse us,” he replied as he escorted her to the guest bedroom around the corner from the formal dining room.

 

Cameron – Summer 2011 (Dinner Party)

Cameron felt chills run down her spine and her skin broke out in goose bumps when Philip’s hand braced her lower back during his escort to the bedroom.  So many things running through her mind.  So many things she wanted to ask and clarify... confess.  As soon as they were securely behind a closed door, Philip moved in closer and took Cameron’s face into his hands, drawing her into him with the sweetest lips she’d tasted in a long time, her own hands covering his as the kiss lingered on much longer than it probably should have.  He removed his lips from hers and drew back staring at her while rubbing the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry,” he uttered, continuing to rub his neck vigorously.  He was quite apologetic tonight.

“Don’t be,” she replied breathily, her chest heaving as if she was searching for air.

“I’ve been dying to do that since I saw you at the airport and after I attacked you in the shed yesterday,” he snickered. 

He made his way towards the bed and plopped down, taking a hold of Cameron’s hand as he did so.  She didn’t know what to say or do but she didn’t resist him.  Not like she had been.  Tonight she’d let down her guard.  It was time to get to the root of their problems.  She let go of his hand and walked around to the other side of the bed and laid down, facing his back.  He glanced over his shoulder at her as she positioned herself on her side.

“Like old times,” she whispered patting the cold empty space in front of her.

He stared at her with a slight smile on his face and obliged, stretching out on his side, staring into her dark brown eyes.  She turned over onto her back and reached out, grabbing his hand in hers.  Now was the time to clear the air.

“What happened to us,” he spoke breaking the deadening calm in the room.  “I mean, I know we got into that big fight after prom but I just don’t get what happened after that.  I tri- I tried to reach you after that but you wouldn’t take any of my phone calls and I came back home after I’d been in Boston a week and you were gone.”

He brushed her bangs out of her eyes and leaned down and kissed her nose, then her mouth once more.  “What happened Cam?”

A tear streamed down her cheek and Philip wiped it away with his thumb, cupping Cameron’s head in his hand.  He kissed her tear stained cheek and began to caress her face with the back of his hand.  “Just tell me what I need to do to make it right,” he whispered before kissing her mouth once more.

“It wasn’t you... it was me.  It was always me,” she sighed heavily, her eyes filling to the brim with more tears.  Philip wiped each one away as they individually spilled over onto her cheeks.  It was time to admit that she was scared of losing him.  That she thought if she got out early, she wouldn’t be as heartbroken about him moving on... moving on without her, so she took herself out of the equation.  “I knew I was wrong that night when I turned and walked away but pride got in the way.  Trying to be a righteous and good person resulted in me being judgmental and ugly to people.  I always felt guilty and convicted most of the time but again, pride reared its vicious head.  I thought I was over it... feeling this way but coming back and seeing you, all these emotions I’d suppressed erupted.  I feel like such a child but the first step to recovery is acceptance, right?”  A snicker escaped from her mouth as she stared up at the ceiling for a long moment, collecting her thoughts once more.

“I tried to come by that Sunday after graduation to see you and I was late because I stayed late at church helping my mom with the kid’s ministry.  Anyway, I spoke with my mom about us and she encouraged me to talk to you.  So I hauled butt across town and you weren’t there... and I ran into Erin.”

Cameron took in a deep breath and her lips began to tremble.

“Keep going,” Philip encouraged, trying to calm her trembling lips down with the touch of his hands.

She placed her own hand over his, searching for words, praying they would just come.

“I ran into Erin and she told me you had left.  And you left without saying goodbye to me.  I was crushed and then to add fuel to the flames, she also told me that you had invited her to go with you to Boston.  She said that Tracey was looking forward to meeting with her.”

“What,” Philip said shocked.  “I never invited her to Boston.”

“Well, there was a ticket and she showed it to me.  A Delta Airlines ticket to Boston one way.  It left that following Tuesday morning at 8:35.”

“You didn’t get my letter,” Philip whispered, falling onto his back.

“What,” Cameron asked, not sure she heard him correctly.

He turned to face her rubbing the top of his head.  “You didn’t get my letter.”

“What letter,” Cameron inquired, her eyes searching his for an explanation.

“It’s my fault,” Philip replied finally.  “Erin stopped by early that morning to tell me she had all the adoption stuff settled.  She ran into me when I was dropping off the letter with the ticket in your mailbox.  I knew ya’ll were at church but I didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye so I wrote you a letter and my mom, Nadine, purchased a ticket for you to come and stay a while with me and Tracey that summer.”  He sighed and looked Cameron in the eyes.  “Erin must have taken the letter.  That’s why you didn’t know about it.  That’s why you didn’t call me or come to Boston and that’s why things are the way they are between us now.”

Philip sighed heavily and rolled over onto his back.  He clasped his hand with Cameron’s and rested his free hand on his forehead.  “Looks like we got some catchin’ up to do Cam.”

“Looks like we do,” she replied, swallowing hard, taking in this new found information.

 






Chapter End Notes:

Writing has been tough here lately but alas, I've gotten through another chapter.  If anyone is still reading, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking it out.  I hope you enjoy and as always comments are welcome! :)

-Nic







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.