Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Rating: MA+, mature situations, strong sexual content, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Hope you'll enjoy this. Comments are welcomed. Thanks for reading.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 


CHAPTER 2: Morning Shift


 


After Tara told Sam about Abe, he knew all too well what it was like living with secrets and what it was like being abandoned. He then told her about the day he found out he was a shifter and how his adoptive parents left him for good without so much as saying goodbye. As he visualized a man in a wheelchair, he felt that there was no telling what he would've done had he lost his Tara over something like this, which was why he told her his secret in front of people whom he cared about. 


When he was through telling his tale, he held her close and looked into her dark brown eyes and saw all the love, tenderness and understanding staring right back at him. “I'll never leave you”, she said with absolute certainty. Even though deep down he already knew this, somehow hearing her say those words cleansed him of all the years of hurt, shame and fear.


Closing their eyes, they slept and dreamed of a bright future together.


 ***




Hours later, as the sun slowly rose above the tree tops, a golden hue stretched across the land far and wide revealing everything in its sight. Robin redbreasts came out of hiding and chirped vibrantly announcing the start of a brand new day. Sam was the first to come out of a restful slumber. He smiled blissfully upon the very first thing to grace his eyes. Tara. His obsession. His love. His everything.


Gingerly turning on his side, he silently watched her as she slept sweetly and soundly. He studied every slope and curve of her beautiful face, sensuous neck and sexy body. Her smooth flawless brown skin was rich and magnetic he wanted to touch, to feel, to embrace. It was hard for him to resist the urge to gather her into his arms, cradle her and enjoy her warmth, her scent, her being. Instead, he allowed his sweet angel to rest some more, the woman who brought him out of a dark and lonely existence and filled his life with love, hope and happiness.


Moments later, her soft brown eyes slowly opened and met his sapphire blues. He, the only man who found a way into the very depths of her troubled soul and unlocked the doors and filled her with a warm bright wondrous light. He, the only one who brought out emotions she never knew she had. Because of him, she found love. Because of him, her world was now complete. Reaching out, she parted his bangs with her slender fingers. His firm red lips dying to be pressed up against her perfectly shaped small soft lips whispered, “I love you.”


She kissed him softly and tenderly, he kissed her back with a burning passion leaving her wanting more. Parting her lips his tongue plunged deep into her mouth exploring and discovering a taste of pure sweet desire. Shifting his body on top of hers, he placed one hand behind her head, the other on the bed while he continued kissing and enjoying her mouth.


With one knee, he gently nudged her legs apart and pressed his raging erection against her inner thigh. She gasped lightly feeling his throbbing hard rod inch closer and closer to her swollen welcoming moist opening. Trailing his kisses from her delicious lips down her neck, chest, then breasts, he sucked on her taut nipples one at a time igniting the flames of passion that then raged throughout her entire body. Warm juices pooled at her pleasure zone waiting to be used. Pulling away from her delectable sensitive full breasts, he stared into her chocolate eyes with a hunger and a need that made her heart skip a beat.


He then entered her hot inviting body with a considerate slow determination. She stretched to accommodate him all over again. As he filled her up, her muscles surrounded his thick member holding him firmly and pulsated around him all on their own. She shivered as an orgasm took her. His rock hard cock responding to such delicious reception throbbed madly while completely sheathed deep inside her. He then moved in and out of her creaminess, back and forth, slow then hard. Soon his shaft and balls gleamed in her thick nectar. Lifting her hips slightly above the bed she met his thrusts in a rhythmic fashion that was so delightful, so intimate, so heavenly. As they made love, the air became filled with their lustful moans and cries.


As orgasm after orgasm coursed through her, her internal muscles milked his penis closer to a maddening end. Suddenly he stopped moving altogether and remained buried deep inside her not wanting it all to end. Placing her hands on his face, she kissed him hotly, hungrily. Her tongue stoking his. He groaned and resumed moving his hips. Builing up his thrusting speed, her warm moist cavity quivered around him. Wrapping her legs around his lean waist, she dug the backs of her heels into his firm buttocks and pushed him in deeper into her greedy core.


Moving in and out of her velvet heaven, his fingers entwined with hers, he held her hands gently yet firmly above her head against the pillow while kissing the corners of her mouth, cheeks and neck. Closing her eyes, she submitted her body, her soul, her mind, and to him and him alone, she gave him her all. She felt like her body was floating above clouds as his mouth watering thrusts became deeper, faster and harder.


Arching her back, her fingers curled forward and dug into the backs of his hands. Soon after she cried her sweet release. Driving deep inside her, he too came seconds later filling her warm cave with his hot ejaculations. He lingered inside of her not wanting to leave, his body shook as he rode out the last of his orgasmic waves. Drained but content, he pulled out and crashed next to her, spent. Holding each other close while listening to the sounds of their own breathing, they closed their eyes and smiled.


***




With his back leaning up against the head board, he tenderly stroked her bare shoulder and back while she rested her cheek on his chest. Running her hand along the far side of his chest, she then cocked her head upwards to look at him.


“I wish it could be like this all the time...”


“Hmm, me too. Hey, let's go to Jamaica.”


“What?” Raising her head up, she stopped stroking his chest.


“We could go in December, all inclusive, seven days.”


“Sam, I can't afford something like that.”


“Tara, it will be my Christmas gift.”


“I'm guessing that's eight or nine hundred a pop. Sam, that's a lot of money.” She said raising herself up into a seated position then shimmied back and leaned against the head board.


“And?”


“Sam. I'll be happy if you just gave me a card.  You already gave me a gorgeous pair of earrings and now you're thinking of shelling out more money on a trip that will only last a week. You can't continue to shower me with expensive gifts. I won't have it. You know what....maybe you should exchange me for a woman with a real profession..”


“Oh boy...here we go.” Rolling his eyes, he let out a long exasperating sigh.


“..with real money.” She continued then folded her arms under her breasts.


“Jesus Tara. You're doing it again.”


“Doing what again?”


“Talking like you don't deserve anything. I love giving you gifts and I love making you happy. The only thing I regret is not being able to give you more. You know you are being plain silly to think that I would trade you in for someone else.”


“What if she was Oprah-rich?”


“Never. Not even if she was Oprah-rich and could fart diamonds.”


“Well I think..” Cutting her off mid sentence, he went on to say,


“Listen, I haven't had a real vacation in a long long time and more than anything else I want you in Jamaica with me relaxing and having seven glorious days of fun and creating new wonderful memories together AND I'm not taking no for an answer.”


“Alright..” Tara said finally giving in. Besides, how could she say no. Saying no would break his heart and she wasn't going to do that. "Let's make wonderful memories together" she added then smiled curling up closer to him.


“Good. Now I've got a few resorts in mind.” Sam said reaching for his laptop on the night table next to him, quickly placed it on his thighs and popped it open before she uttered another word.


“But Sam, what about coverage?”


“Oh yeah, we should get travel insurance too.” He said typing in his password


“Um, good idea, but, I was talking about coverage at work.”


“Matt will be on school break and has agreed to take on extra. He'll do your shifts. Remember we have the new girl Raven too. Arlene will be in charge while Terry and Lafayette will alternate doing the closing. And since your period ends on the ninth or the tenth, we could leave either on the twelfth or thirteenth and be back on the nineteenth or twentieth.”


Completely beside herself, she looked at him, smiled and shook her head from side to side. While Sam clicked on the favorites tab and opened up a couple of book marked links he caught her looking at him.


“What?”


“Just that you never fail to amaze me.”


“How so?”


“That you actually know my menstrual cycle. I mean, how many guys know their girlfriends that well?”


“Not many I would imagine. Anyway, I have my eye on some places I want you to choose from. They all got pretty good reviews. When we get there, we could rent a car, take in some sights and visit Uncle Tim in Port Antonio.” Sam said enthusiastically.


“I'd love to meet Uncle Tim. But Sam, these resorts, they all look so good. It's going to be hard for me to decide on one. Do I have to make up my mind now?” Tara said with her eyes fixed on the screen as she clicked and scrolled.


“Yeah, like yesterday. We need to purchase the tickets tomorrow, Friday the latest. How about I leave you to choose the best three. Think it over then give me your final choice tomorrow. Meanwhile I'll rustle up something for us to eat.” Moving to the end of the bed, he handed the laptop to her before swinging his legs over the edge and getting to his feet.


“Sounds good.” Tara smiled as she watched him walk away naked.


 ***




By the time Tara was through choosing three resorts, making the bed and taking a shower, Sam was just about through in the kitchen. Stepping out of the bathroom dressed in one of his T-shirts which caught her mid-thigh, she was greeted with delicious scents. Walking up to the kitchen she said,


“Baby, something sure smells good. Is it what I think it is?”


Standing by the range in a light blue T-shirt and a pair of navy blue gym pants, Sam turned around with a plate piled high with treats in one hand and a spatula in the next, and said,


“Voila!”


“Hoe cakes!” Tara gasped with widened eyes.


“Grab the maple syrup honey and bring it over to the coffee table.”


There were already two plates, cutlery, bowls of strawberry and glasses of orange juice sitting on the coffee table. Sam placed the plate of hoe cakes somewhere in the middle and returned to the kitchen. He reappeared with another plate filled with fried bacon strips. He smiled when he caught her smacking her lips.


“My favorite.”


“Hey, mine too! Dig in. I hope you'll like it. It's cooked in bacon fat.”


Taking her knife and fork, she cut off a section, dabbed the fluffy cake into some  syrup before placing it into her mouth.


“Hmm...Sam! Oh! So good!” Chewing, she exclaimed with eyes closed delighted in the delicious taste.


“Keep talking like that and you'll give me a hard-on.” He stopped cutting up his food and took in her beautiful face.


“Oh Sam, everything gives you a hard-on.” She chuckled after opening her eyes.


“Not everything, just you.” Smiling, he shoved another morsel in his mouth.


Tara rolled her eyes in disbelief, chuckled then reached for a bacon strip.


“It's true. I only got eyes for you .. all three.” Sam added jokingly.


“You better! Especially that eye.” Pointing at his crotch, she laughed some more.


Once they were through eating, they cleared the table and carried the dirty dishes over to the kitchen sink. While Tara washed, Sam rinsed and dried. Stacking the plates in the cupboard, he asked,


“So what are you doing later before your shift starts?”


“Head over to the library, return a book, do some reading then head home and change.”


“Was that book helpful?”


“Yes it was and easy to follow. The school just posted on their web page the recommended books needed for the courses. Lucky for me, Renard Public library has available copies that I can borrow today.”


“I'm proud of you.” He said wrapping his arm around her and giving her a gentle squeeze.


“How can you be? I haven't even started the course.” Tara chuckled looking up at him.


“You always make me proud no matter what you do. I have faith in you.” He replied kissing her forehead.


“Thank you baby.”


Wiping her hands in a towel, she then grabbed his hand and led him over to the sofa. Once they were both seated, she calmly said,


“Before I get dressed, there is one more thing I need you to do..”


From the look on her face and the tone in her voice he didn't have to ask further.


As she looked at him expectantly, he wondered whether she was ready for this. Will she be just as horrified as Sue and Mitch Merlotte were? It was one thing she already knew what he was, but actually seeing him in the act of doing something that came natural to him but strange to others was another matter all together. Alas, it had to be done. Throwing out a silent prayer, he said to her softly yet seriously,


“Know this, no matter what, I love you...”


Then just like that he changed into what he called his go-to form, a brown and white collie.  Tara stood up fast on seeing this.  She didn't know what to expect but it happened so quickly. It was as though he disappeared and a dog took his place. Sitting up on the sofa, the canine stared back at her. Looking into those big round amber eyes, she could see the essence of the love of her life shining through.


Slowly sitting back down on the sofa, she held her arms out to him. Crouching down, he crawled over to where she sat and lay down across her lap. Without hesitation, she combed her fingers through his thick fur and kneaded the back of his neck and shoulders. Through his nostrils, he let out a deep sigh. She could feel his bunched up muscles relaxing under her touch. Leaning forward, she then wrapped her arms about him and hugged him tight and said,


“Sam, I'll never leave you. I love you and no one and nothing will ever change that.”


****












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.