Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for continuing to read this...I'm getting the impression that I might actually be doing a good job with this one. LOLz. Anyway, I'm just as confused as Tara right about now...and so this chappie is a little shorter... but still hopefully action packed.!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Upon finishing what Tara deemed the longest shower in her life, she resorted to her 'depression uplift' plan of watching DVD s in comfy pajamas until, she fell asleep on the sofa. She knew that Eric wouldn't be coming to lift her spirits this night because he was away on business. He had simply told her that it pertained to his club and that she shouldn't worry. And she recalled her fight Sookie but with all of the emotional unrest that happened during the day Tara neglected to mention that another person would be staying in their home. It was just her luck that Sookie decided to stay with Bill when she did. Tara didn't exactly know what she would've told Sookie about how all this came to pass, anyway. She sure as hell wasn't about to tell her that she and Eric were having a hot steamy friendship whose basis was the hate they both shared for Bill.

A series of loud bangs came from the front door, causing Tara's heart to nearly jump out of her chest. She got up quickly from the sofa, grabbed the remote and lowered the volume of the TV set. As she walked to the door she decided to peek through the curtains to catch a glimpse of the visitor before deciding whether or not she would answer the door. Looking around suspiciously, her heart rate nearly doubled when she spotted Alcide standing on the porch. She immediately did a quick fix to her lavender pajama top, flicked over her teeth with her tongue, and brushed some stray braids back into her messy bun.

She opened the main door first, slowly moving towards the screen when she saw a smile slowly moving into place on his face. She peered around him to spy a large van parked near the house. Deveraux Construction. She noted that she'd been right in assuming that he was an arduous man, his hands alone proved as much.

"Hi there." he waved

"Hey, c'mon in" opened the screen door allowing him to enter. She stood transfixed by his easy going air. It was becoming quite apparent that Tara's body was reacting to him in ways that she wasn't aware of. At any given moment she thought she might jump him. She shook the thought away remembering what had happened the last time Alcide was around.

"Nice place you got here." he chimed pulling her back to reality.

"Oh, this isn't my house. I live here with my best friend, it used to be her Grandmother's home."

"Well, you live here now, so I'm sure you help make it just as nice." He was being so cheesy he thought. How was he supposed to protect her when he couldn't protect himself from her charm.

"I guess you're right." she paused. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you here so late? Wouldn't tomorrow morning have been better, you know, for you to semi-move in. Dead puppies. Dead puppies. Dead puppies. She screamed to herself, finding it more and more difficult to keep her mind off touching the bronzed god before her. Her emotions would surely be her undoing this time. But as long as should could muster sad thoughts or no thoughts at all, the safer she would be.

"I know tomorrow would've been better but Eric's orders were to come straight here tonight. I'll be receiving a call from him soon and I'm sure he'll want to hear your voice to make sure I did what he asked."

Impressed by his loyalty to Eric, Tara suddenly wanted to know everything about Alcide. She knew she wasn't the authority on showing her true colors upon meeting anyone, but she felt as if she could be tempted to give it a shot if it happened.

"So are you hungry? Thirsty? I could make you something, real quick." She got up, making her way to the fridge to see what she could throw together in a hurry so that they could both eat.

"I am a little hungry. It was a long drive from Mississippi to here." he sat back on the sofa getting comfortable as he rubbed the stubble on his chin.

"Mississippi?" she yelled out to him from behind the fridge. "Eric took you cross state lines to watch me? She now peered at him from the side of the fridge door to gauge his reaction. "That asshole." she murmured shaking her head.

"Yes ma'am. But its no big trouble to watch someone as independent as you. I'm sure nothing terribly horrifying is gonna happen. At least not while I'm around. And Eric didn't seem too worried about it. I guess he just likes to have all his bases covered."

"Yeah, but you heard what we might have to deal with. Eric is already too much to handle on his own when he's being good. To know that we gotta kill one is another story, you know?"

"Well I think we'll get by alright."

"I hope you're right. Um, Alcide, all we got is eggs, sorry." she shrugged holding up the carton. "Does an omelet sound okay?"

"That sounds fine."

After both getting hearty helpings of Tara's giant omelet, Tara went to her room leaving Alcide on the sofa with a couple pillows and one of her blankets.

"Sorry I don't have a room for you to sleep in, yet. But tomorrow after I come home from work, I can get one set up." she yelled from the top of the staircase.

"Its fine don't worry about it." He sleepily grumbled back.

Full of omelet and drowsy, Tara lay staring at the ceiling until sleep claimed her. As usual she had dreams about him. Would it be the usual dream about that first time at Merlotte's again or the one she had about coming home to find him waiting for her in the tub,soft serene music from a past only he could remember, she wondered.

Blindfolded and bare except for a thin piece of cloth draped over her front, Tara sat in a chair similar to those found in a dentist's office. She was strapped around her ankles and her wrists, bound to the chair but instead of fear, there was only a sense of confidence. Then she heard him walking slowly towards her. She could hear his footsteps drawing closer and closer and when he was near the chair, he slid away the cloth slowly. The feeling of he silky material causing her body to swell with need. He slid away the blindfold and she found that she was suddenly free and now they were passionately entwined in what appeared to be a weapons closet. Comfortably trapped, they dodged mazes and crossbows as he slammed her back into the walls, pistoning in and out of her. Falling katanas and small but equally sharp weapons leaping carelessly at them, grazing them. In spotting cuts and bruises on one another, like cannibals they found ways to lick each others wounds, savoring the taste of each others blood like savages.

She felt herself begin to drift away from him mentally

"I can't do it." she moaned into his neck

"Do what? This?" he whispered kissing her shoulders as they nearly missed a scimitar which fell to the ground with a loud clash.

"No" she looked into his eyes and sighed. "I can't take Sookie's happiness away."

"You don't have to. We're doing this together, Tara."

Throwing her back into another wall she arched it, while he hoisted up a leg to drive deeper into her. No words to be heard only the primal grunting, licking, clawing, smacking, throwing and pulsating creatures devouring each other. As the thrusts became deeper and slower her eyes opened as his face lay rested against her neck she could feel his fangs testing the tender flesh of her breasts. She tilted slightly to grant him better access to her.

"But we can't. She pushed pushed against him rolling her eyes back. "Bill loves Sookie."

"No, he wants to use her and hurt her. Do we want that for her?"

She could no longer deny his logic but her mind kept pushing her to rethink the issue. She saw a shinning object staring at her from a leaning shelf in the weapon laden room. She reached out for it, slowly picking it up to look at its features. The small dagger was encrusted with a silver wolf with emeralds for eyes, its fur curling into the handle. And as if by some sort of unseen force her hand began slowly drifting towards his back. The sharp piece glinting softly in the low lighting. Closer and closer she pulled almost to right wear his heart would be. She could do it, all she had to do go fast and hard and then...

Tara jumped her forehead sweating as she recalled some of the moments of her dream. Was she really about to stab him. After her breathing returned to normal, she threw off the covers and decided to get up and get something to drink and make sure her body guard was still there.

She quietly padded down the stairs. Half asleep, stumbled cursing softly as she felt the twinges of pain in her toe. She looked out and saw the covers she had given Alcide, bundled on the chair and thanked God that he hadn't left her during the night. She made her way into the kitchen seeing a small sliver of the omelet still on the counter.

"No more eggs before bed" she swore tossing the rest of it into the trash.

After getting a little juice she walked into the living room. She looked at the sofa and realized that Alcide wasn't there. She lifted the covers throwing them to the floor as she searched for his body. She looked around for clues as to where he might be and found his clothes folded neatly on the coffee table.

"Aw, fuck. Eric, what in the hell? Why'd you have to hire a nudist?" she was about to go to the door and see if Alcide had decided to engage in a late night streaking session. She stopped dead when she saw a pair of glowing eyes in the strip of moonlight that seeped through the curtains near the door. The creature turned its head to and fro, as if he knew Tara.

"Alcide, dammit where are you?" she said through gritted teeth as looking around for an escape route.

As if it understood the creature began walking out of the shadows, Tara backed up slowly bumping into the coffee table as she tried to make her way to the hall closet where she knew a shotgun was hidden. Realizing what the creature actually was, her heart sank deep into her stomach.

"Bon Temps is one fucked up place. We got possums, coons, vampires and now wolves." She put both hands up and out as a gesture to the wolf that she was no threat. He moved a little closer. Somehow the creatures eyes were familiar to her, and that alone made her fearful.

"I got a nice riffle wit your name on."

Just as she uttered those words the creature began to morph before her. When Alcide's rugged, naked form was before her on the ground crouched down, her eyes crossed, knees buckling as she fainted.

When she could finally open her eyes the first thing she saw was Alcide's concerned face staring down at her from where he stood. Extremely fearful, she quickly scrambled to sit herself pressing herself into the cushioning of the sofa. He had on pants now but that was no consolation to her he had just seen this man furry and naked.

"Get the fuck away from me. Stay back." she stuttered shielding her face away from him.

"Tara calm down will ya?" he threw his hands up in a mock surrender.

"NO, I ain't gonna calm down. You just went from a...from a... from a wolf to a grown ass naked man right there." she said pointing to the spot in question.

"I know its a lot to take in, but that's what I am and I can't change it. So, you gotta calm down, okay?"

she finally put her arms down slightly embarrassed for looking like a psychotic wreck on the sofa.

"I'm sorry, its just an overload, you know." she stood up straightening her clothes as she paced the floor one hand to her forehead the other on her hip. "I just found out a while ago that vampires exist and now there are wolves too."

"I'm sorry you had to find out like this. I thought I would have had at least until morning before you woke up. It was a little scary for me too. If, you had been a vampire though, you might have been seriously injured." he admitted shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Really?"

" Yeah, wolves and vamps just don't get along. It's like cats and dogs with us and them."

"Well, then why in the hell are you working for Eric?"

"My father owes Eric some money. In order to settle the debt I let Eric use me for this job. So when its done, I'm gone and our debt is cleared." A determined and solemn look came over his face then he snapped out of it. "How'd you get caught up with Northman?"

"Its a long...well it ain't that long, but its still a complex story." she looked around trying to avoid eye contact with Alcide. Avoiding his gaze was better than avoiding the question at this point.

"So you're one of those." he sighed in disappointment "You can always tell when they're fangbangers."he mumbled.

"Whoa. Wait just a second. I'm gonna pretend that I didn't here you say that, cause I would hate to have to kick your furry ass outside. I don't know where you get off judging me. You don't know my situation." she was walking towards the door about to open it. As far as she was concerned he could be go all Jack Nicholson outside until Eric came back.

"I'm sorry. Its just, someone as beautiful and smart as you shouldn't be taken advantage of like that. From what I've seen, Northman is a control freak and from what I know of him, everything he does is just to suit his own needs. Don't you think he's just using you to do his dirty work too?"

Suddenly Tara, was speechless. There was nothing she could say to disprove Alcide's points. If she did give a decent rebuttal, even she wouldn't believe it. She remembered believing the exact same things before she started this affair with Eric. Was she being blinded by great sex and the blood? She shuddered to think that she was just being played.

She decided to press on anyway.

"You made your point. But I'm not being taken advantage of. Eric and I have a mutual agreement."

"Lemme guess, you and him fuck and then he drinks your blood?" He was annoyed. How could she be so blind? "Some agreement" he spat, sarcasm lacing every word."

She walked behind the sofa and to the edge of the stairs. She gave him one final look that should've shown him everything he needed to know about her business. And that it is; that it wasn't any of his business.

"Fuck you."

"Goodnight to you too." he mumbled back.

He should have felt good about calling her out. But he didn't. He felt like an ass. Maybe, she'd want to change and get away from Northman before it was too late. Why was this happening to him? He

decided that he'd crossed the line and he wanted to apologize. He trudged slowly up the stairs looking

left and right for the room Tara might be in. He quickly caught a a glimpse of a person moving in one of the rooms and padded slowly to the door. He hesitated scraping his knuckles across the wood, then with a little more confidence he cleared his throat and gave two loud knocks.

"Uh, Tara. Its me." he closed his eyes. Who else would it be you idiot? He thought to himself. When it came to women he was just a bumbling mass of muscle. He knew what he was supposed to say but it just never came out right. He was too much of a nice guy.

"What?" her attitude was in full effect. Right now he was just like one of the rude rednecks at work.

"Uh, I just wanted to apologize for what I said earlier, ya know about being a fangbanger."

"Whatever." she replied with a little less gusto this time and just a smidge more vulnerability.

"You gotta know, I think you're way to smart for all this foolishness, is all. You know it too." he placed his forehead on the door waiting for a reply.

There was silence. Then, some fumbling coming from the other side. Then just as he was about to turn and leave she opened the door.

"You mean it?" she looked up at him hopelessly.

"Mean what? That I think your smart and beautiful and that you should get out of this while you can?"

She nodded. "I meant every damn word." he gave a quick nod and smiled.

For just a little while she let all of the stress melt away, linking her long arms around him and held him tightly. Surprised at first he stood motionless then returned the hug squeezing her back. She placed her hand on either side of his face, pulled him close and placed a gentle kiss to his cheek.

"Thanks for that." she sighed. She turned back to go into her room he grabbed a hand turning her to face him once more. He kissed her closing his eyes to hold on to whatever feeling he could get just as long as she didn't push him away, he'd be fine. Her eyes open, watching his every move she brushed her hands through Alcide's thick black hair.

"Hey!" he exclaimed breaking away from the kiss "What are you doing?''

"I'm looking for ears." she continued to inspect his head for other signs of his wolf nature. "I was hoping they come out when you get turned on." she laughed.

"It don't exactly work like that." they laughed together, finding it easier this way to pretend that they knew what they were getting into, that they were all grown up and could care less about the consequences.

She was still torn and confused but it was easier to laugh with Alcide than it was to think about Eric. Yes, the dreams would come, but did she really want them anymore. The less of his blood she had the better, right? Would she find a way to stop this train, or would it Eric find a way to pull her back in again?






Chapter End Notes:

Alcide is hot...

Thanx for reading







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.