Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


He got dressed quickly; what was left of his clothes, and found a tablecloth in the back with which to cover Tara, whose clothes were shreds of fabric now. He'd ripped them off with brute force. Then, he carried her to his red Corvette in the parking lot, gently placing her in the passenger seat and buckling her up. He ran back inside cleaned off the counter and the broken glass. He decided that since taking her home like this would obviously get a terrible reaction from Sookie and would make him look like a complete perv, that it was best for her to come home with him tonight, at least she'd be safe.

While Tara slept, she felt as if she were flying. She was on auto pilot -a feeling that couldn't be snatched away even in her sleep, which was quite a change from her waking life. Between her mother, her job, and Sook, there wasn't much time for Tara to just be herself.

Eric's House

With pursed lips, a confused Pam inspected Eric's catch of the night as he walked briskly through the front door. Tara, who appeared blissfully dead was draped over his shoulder, one arm supporting her back and the other wrapped around her thighs.

"Eric, what possessed you to bring her here?" Pam interrogated as she paced the floor. "Shall I call someone to dispose of the body?"

"Not now, Pam." he muttered waving her off as he carried Tara to a guest room.

"Well, why is she here? Why doesn't she have on cloth-...you didn't." she put a hand over her eyes and shook her head in disbelief. "Eric, tell me didn't fuck that human." she followed him down the hallway her heels clicking impatiently behind him.

"Pam, I said not now." he continued "Besides, I fuck humans all the time. Why should this make any difference to you?" he said turning around to face her and laying Tara in Pam's arms to which she rolled her eyes. Tara wriggled a bit and tried to get comfortable hitting Pam in the face. A scowl replaced Pam's annoyed expression. He sped off quickly and came back with a big shirt and some shorts for Tara.

"Well, Einstein, she's not only the best friend of the little telepath you've been chasing, she's also the best friend of the little telepath you've been chasing!" He slipped the clothes on her while she was still in Pam's arms. Then, took her and continued walking towards the nearest available room. He was still in deep thought and Pam's barking made him yearn for the scratch of nails on a chalk board.

He stopped when he could no longer take her conscious investigation of events "I've NOT been chasing Sookie Stackhouse, merely using her gifts to benefit us. Haven't things been smooth for us since we freely have access to her gifts?" He was lying through his teeth. Sookie was a person of interest and everyone around him had realized it since she'd been in his life.

She lowered her head in agreement. "Yes." she conceded "But not always. Do you really think she's gonna be okay with this. This little show is gonna kill whatever kind of trust she has with you, you'll never be with her now."

Taking her into a well lit room, he placed Tara on the queen sized bed, pulled the covers over her, then took Pam by the arm and led her out of the surprisingly bright room.

"Don't you think I know that." He rolled his eyes childishly. "I don't want Sookie, no longer wish to have her as a lover, it was temporary and now I'm over it." he pouted. "There's something raw about this one," He motioned to the room that Tara lay asleep in. "and she's going to help us get rid of Compton." he added as a bonus to convince his progeny.

"As much as I detest Bill, there's no outright reason to end his life, and you know that. You can be such a breather, sometimes, Eric." she walked off shaking her head at her maker's actions.

"Goodnight Pam," he called after her. "Sleep well."

"Yeah, yeah Eric, whatever you say. I'm sure you'll sleep just fine."

"Your conscious is showing." he yelled back

"And so is yours." she retorted

Staring after her, he glared. He knew Pam was right. She often was. After all, she was his child, wise, straight forward, and she provided him with many much needed wake up calls. This time he would prove her wrong, show her that his dependence on Sookie Stackhouse was waning and that Tara was now filling that void. This was for both of them.

He went back into the room that he'd set Tara in and sat on the edge of the bed. She slept wildly her braids strewn about the pillow a chaotic way. He crawled up the bed and sat beside her, legs crossed as if this whole scene was normal. As if, she was always there, her body molded to the mattress; to this place, to him. She shifted her body turning over to face him. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him.

"Rest. You've used a lot of energy." he told her as he eyed her in the gray over-sized shirt and black shorts.

"Don't worry bout' me." she stretched and sat up, wincing when she felt pain in muscles she didn't even know she had. "I'm more worried about Merlotte's. I hope we didn't break anything." she blushed. "...it'll be coming out of my pay check." he smiled and let his back fall against the head board of the bed.

"Everything's taken care of." he sighed. "You should rest, you'll be sore for a few days. Not sleeping will make it worse." he looked away from her to stare blankly at a wall whose color suddenly became more radiant to him. She shifted again on the bed, bringing him back from his thoughts. "Or you could have some of my blood." he said throwing it out there nonchalantly. He propped a hand under his chin and awaited her answer.

She immediately perked up and started getting out of the bed. Moving as slow as she could to avoid further pain, she looked down at her clothes, realizing she'd been changed.

"I knew-" he cut her off, using his speed to get behind her.

"Just think about it." he whispered secretively, as if to say, No one has to know. "I wouldn't ever force anything down your beautiful throat." He ran his cold fingers down the column of her throat. She shivered and warmed up all over again. "Unless, you asked for it." the corners of his mouth sneaking suspiciously into the same grin that got her on that counter at Merlotte's in the first place.

She turned to face him, seeing that he would likely just get her all hot and bothered all over again and then she'd never be able to sort things out with a clear head. "Okay, so being friends," she air quoted "is perfectly fine. It's all good fun, but nobody didn't agree on me drinkin' none of your blood. I know what the blood does to people. I've lived with Sookie long enough to know what kind of kinky shit she dreams of when she drinks vampire blood.

"Fair enough," he agreed. "But you know we've already skipped the natural order of things, you and I. You might as well let me have this extended act of our friendship."

Crossing her arms in contemplation and as an attempt to muster confidence she finally said, "Well, yeah I guess we have. We skipped right through getting to know each other and jumped right into crazy sex."

Her blunt remark elicited another laugh from Eric, who grabbed her shoulders, "Also, when we finally help Compton to the true death, I can't have you in any type of dangerous situation where I can't get to you easily. Aside from the side-effects you already know of, I'll be able to feel you wherever you are, find you, help you, or we could..."

Biting her bottom lip and locking her eyes on his she conceded, "I get it. I get it." She sat back down on the edge of the bed letting one leg swing over the edge while the other was brought up to her chest. An expanse of brown skin exposed through the small shorts.

"What happened to cell phones? You too advanced to use one. You gotta remember you're dealing with a human, here." she babbled on awkwardly.

She had never really to think about a man this much before. Usually, 'hit it and quit it' was the approach that suited her best. That way, no one would have to talk about families and problems and all the other mushy crap that made relationships last, you know, communication. But this man, this vampire, before her tonight only asked for her company from time to time, for her to drink his blood, and to help him murder one of his own. Scratch the 'one of his own' part, he'd likely growl if he'd heard her say that. As far as they were both concerned this arrangement would do all of those things and make them definitely less-stressed out about the things they couldn't change and only worried about the things they could.

Her head fell back, exposing her neck, braids nearly touching the bedding, she elicited a sigh.

"Don't do that." he broke her meditative state.

"Why? You hungry?" she teased, leaning her head this way and that to seductively show off her swan-like neck.

"Yes, actually." he replied truthfully. "The little that I took from you earlier, that's not really my idea of a meal." he towered over her, taking in his fill of her scent. She still smelled of them and that thought alone had him about ready to drop fang and help her out of those clothes.

"What? You gonna bite me?" truly interested in his next answer she sat up stunned when she saw his eyes; usually calculating, distant, and in control, they now held a desperate gleam, one she wanted to test. She might as well since she was here. When would she ever get another chance like this? Hopefully, every night, if she milked this time for all it was worth.

"You shouldn't ask questions you don't really want the answer to, friend."

As soon as those words left his mouth he was over her. Her eyes wide like a deer in headlights and pulse racing. This feeling was so familiar and yet new. She thought it was one she could get used to every now and again. Her back now flat against the bedding, her legs still over the side of the bed and his arms holding him up as he stared down at her.

"Tell me," he groaned "Tell me that you need me, Tara."

"What if I don't?" She reached a hand up and to touch his chest and slid it slowly down until he startled her with another groan.

"Say it."

Her shirt was over her head in a blur. She suddenly couldn't remember her own name let alone that she had to go to work in the morning. Am I being glamoured? She thought. She blinked the thought out of her head. She would know if her mind was being hijacked, this feeling was quite the opposite. She was just really fuzzy inside.

"Say it." he growled again, now fumbling with the hem of her shorts, threatening to rip them from her with the slightest movement.

"You need me." she grinned, pulling him against her body, his cold chest flat against her warm one.

"So it seems." he breathed against her neck.

He rolled her on top of him and sat up so that she was straddling him. He sat up, moving a wrist from her back to his mouth. Without breaking eye-contact with her, he bit into his wrist and held it to her mouth. She hesitantly stared at the small crimson drops forming at the site and when she finally convinced herself that everything would be fine she grabbed on holding him firmly with both hands and took her fill.

And she fed. Feeling the rush of energy, lust and want from his cold bitter blood, she became too enchanted by the ringing in her ears to realize he was on top again. His fangs grazed her shoulder skin causing little drops of bead and drip down, which he gladly licked up. He stopped at her neck hesitating when felt her tensing up. He understood her concern and traveled lower, continuing his hunt for spot to feed. He reached her thighs, still covered by the shorts. He ripped them off in the same fashion as the pair she wore earlier. He put his hand under her left thigh, lifting it up just enough to meet his teeth. Inhaling deeply he pierced her skin, holding her still as she squirmed. After the initial pain subsided, Tara, relished in the euphoric feelings that now took hold of her. She stroked his neck and he titled his head appreciatively. His skin so soft as she slid across the muscle.

In no time at all he had her bucking and babbling incoherently while his mind was divided between her and what Pam had said earlier. This time, now, was to prove to himself that he could do what he damn well pleased. Pam wasn't his parent. He was the parent. He was to be obeyed and she was to follow. He would make Tara mean something to him, he already had. Sookie tried to ignore her calling but this one if introduced properly would flourish and be a remarkable lover and maybe someday a progeny. No, he liked that she was warm and why was he thinking of turning her, she was just a step in his plan. What was the plan again? He couldn't rightly remember what his intentions were anymore and that was frightening. He looked down to see her staring at him with a omniscient air, as if, she knew he was just as confused as she was. All this in one night because she was interesting, new, and hated his enemy.

She woke up alone on the bed, the imprint of his frame was still there and she felt fantastic. A nights worth of forgetting all about the rest of the world is just what she needed to get on with the day. Naked again, she searched around for something to hide herself in. She knew she was at Eric's home but there could be others here and a strange naked human in a house probably full of hungry vampires wasn't an appealing idea to her right now.

"Where the hell is that shirt?" she mumbled looking on the floor and under the bed for the borrowed cloth.

"Right here, miss." A short brunette answered from the doorway.

Tara nearly jumped out of her skin when she remembered she was completely nude. She snatched the top sheet from the bed creating a makeshift toga to hide her nudity.

"Its alright." the young lady walked over and held out a hand with the shirt. "You'd be surprised how many naked people I see around here. But you must be special though, he never lets em' stay here. Its always the same, he has his way with em' then sends em' home.

Too stunned to speak, Tara, reached out for the shirt. The lady shook her head and placed a note in her hand instead. She took the note and opened it, realizing the young woman was still watching her intent on catching any reaction from the note. She cleared her throat loudly alternating glances between the girl and the door, she hoped the girl would take the hint and give her some privacy. The girl looked up, nodded, and with a disappointed look stalked towards the door.

"Just give a shout when you're done. Oh, and there's some clothing for you in the boudoir over there."

After she was sure of the girl's departure Tara went first the boudoir, which she hadn't even noticed until now and found some clothing that fit her perfectly. Now fully clothed she sat down to read the note.

Tara,

It seems you and I have formed a strange arrangement, one I am quite enjoying.

For as long as this friendship endures, I can promise you my protection and if need be, my guidance. I warn you, your association with me will affect you and those around you. Just know that I will not betray your trust.

As for our current pressing matters, I would like for you to join me in 3 nights time to discuss in more detail how we can resolve and neutralize the situation with minimal conflict and destruction. If, this changes, you'll see me before then. Remember that I'm now bonded to you. Nothing you feel will be felt alone.

~Eric Northman

"What have I gotten myself into now." She closed her eyes tightly, hoping that she was maybe still asleep. Maybe, she just had a really good dream that was ending badly. Maybe, she was in Gran's house in her room sleeping and all she had to do is open her eyes and she'd be there. She opened one eye and peered around. She looked down at her self in the clothes he'd gotten for her.

"Dammit."






Chapter End Notes:
Thanks For Reading.






Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.