Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello everyone, here's just a short blurb. Hope you like it.

If you could write a little review and tell me your thoughts that will would be steller!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Zora…my sweetling.”

 

“ M-mother?!” She had to be hallucinating. Or dreaming. This couldn’t possibly be real. Zora began pinching herself. “ How is this possible…?!”

 

You’ve grown so much… such a young lady. Your father will have tough time with you I’m sure.” Cecile ignored her daughter’s confusion. Time was precious and fleeting. She soaked in Zora’s image, became drunk with it. Her baby, her darling girl. For so long she was forced to keep a distance. The very fact that she was able to this…she couldn’t fathom it. It was the sweetest torture. To be so close but be held back by pure stone. She had to stay within the confines of stone.

 

“Mum, there is so much I want to ask you…so much I want to know…”

 

Zora….”

 

“ I need to know, please! How…who…”

 

Zora…all will be revealed in due course.” She had seen it. There was going to be trouble in the future…so much suffering…but she had faith in daughter to get through it. She would not be alone after all…

 

“ Mother, everything is so…so messed up! I don’t know what to do about any of it… I don’t know how to be around them anymore…I feel so lost…”

 

Zora,  darling…you are only nine.” Cecile saw the confusion on her daughter’s face. The hurt that she could take away. It was times like this that she hated most being dead. “ Give yourself time. You will find your way. Things that you are feeling now are natural. Remember that your father and the others…they do things because they love you. Flawed as their thoughts may have been, their intentions came out pure love.”

 

“ You know all this mysterious, washy other-side stuff is not helping right? Like at all.”  The annoyance in Zora’s voice made Cecile smile. Like father like daughter.

 

“ It comes with the territory darling, I don’t make the rules. I’m just forced to follow them.”

 

Zora couldn’t believe that she was arguing with her mother, her mother! It made her want to laugh. Which she did, for a minute or so.

 

“ Never did I think I would be actually talk to you. I have I gone mental? Is this just a very elaborate dream? Dad said that the dead can’t come back.”

 

“ And he’s right I can’t come back in person but I can speak through a guardian if the situation allows it.”

 

“ Situation?”

 

I don’t have much time left. Look, Zora right now you feel lost and unsure. That will pass. In the future, you will have times where the answers are not so easily found. Where things are not always as they appear. What will become important is your knowledge of self. Always remember who truly you are and stay true to it.

 

“ Mother wait I—“

 

“ Zora I must leave, my time is almost up…be strong….be safe.” Her voice sounded farther and farther away. Zora began to panic.

 

“ NO, mother wait!”

 

Zora…remember that you are never alone. Though people are not always with you physically they are always with you within your mind, your actions and in your heart. I love you, my little phoenix.” The eyes dimmed back to their stone-gray. The hands refolded themselves and the wind resumed their original position. Cecile had left, leaving no trace of ever being there in the first place.

 

Zora continued to stare at the stone statue. Where did she go from here? How does one react to talking to a dead loved one? She thought that she would’ve gotten more answers but ended up with just more questions. In her confusion she felt a weight lift off her heart. Was it closure? Doubtful, but it was a start. A small, wistful smile grew on her face.

 

“ Goodbye mother, I’ll see you…when I see you I guess.” Sounds of familiar voice rang through out the area. All of them were screaming her name.

 

c1; HP c1;

 

            The next year of Zora’s life brought came much sweetness as it did sour. She allowed herself to be happy and allowed those whom she still loved back into her life. And for a time it was enough. School was going okay and she was slowly regaining her happy demeanor.  She was reconnecting with those around her. They were all relearning each other. They were all starting to heal properly. With the passing of her tenth birthday only a few more months were left until she traveled to Scotland for her magical training.  So much had changed since that night in graveyard. Hermione was beginning to distance herself from her. Though not out right, her actions were starting to show indifference but Zora couldn’t bring herself to focus too much on it. She had more important things to worry about.

 

            Solidad Emilia Lovegood, her surrogate aunt and sometimes mother was dead. Between dry sobs and tear stained cheeks, Xenophilius told the horrorstruck friends the news. They were all sitting in a private room at St. Mungo’s. The late Lovegood was covered with a white sheet, and Luna was laid in the next bed over. According to Xenophilius, she was messing around with one of her spells. Luna had been with her, assisting with her with notes and what not. Soldiad had telling her family that she was on to something, something big. She had sent the little girl to go get one of her notebooks and just as Luna ran back to the room the explosion happened. By the time they had made it to the hospital it was already too for Solidad. Luna on the other hand had been knocked out. A gnash dyed her wavy platinum blonde hair a few small cuts on the face. The doctors had done all that could. She was still breathing, and that was what was important.

 

            It was very trying time for them all. Luna had not woken up by the time of the funeral. Solidad was laid to rest in an open area of wild dirigible plums. It was a beautiful space, a true reflection of the free spirited woman. When Luna finally woke up, she didn’t remember the accident. She did not remember many things. The most heartbreaking was that she did not remember ever knowing Zora. That cut her deeply, she tried to help her friend to remember but in the end she could not deal with the pain. She tried to convince herself that in things might become different. But only time could her if she was just being foolish.

 

            With the loss of two loved ones and quite possibly a third, going off on her own didn’t seem too bad of an idea. Maybe having the slate be clean was just what she needed.

 

c1; HP c1;












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.