Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

MA rating. Strong language. Adult sexual situations. Based on True Blood series. Characters belong to HBO, Alan Ball, Charlene Harris. Story lines are from the show infused with my own take on things. Sorry for the wait. Enjoy and don't forget to give your reviews. More to come.
Thanks.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 5: SANCTUM

 

"Oh for fuck sake, will you two shut the hell up! Is is too much to ask for some peace and quiet before I dine?" Pam growled while holding her victim roughly from behind.


"Bitch, why don't ya just bite me! Bite me and fucking get it over and done with. I ain't afraid to die, you muthafuckah!" Tara snapped while Pam took no notice of her taking hold of something that was secured to her leather belt.

"Gladly." Pam replied gleefully then opened her half-rotted mouth wide exposing her long, sharp fangs ready to plunge them deep into Tara's smooth inviting neck. But, before she could, Tara whipped out a small bottle, reached behind her and sprayed Pam directly in the face with silver nitrate solution.

Pam's body that was already in a state of slow decomposition made her more susceptible to the harmful effects of silver upon her exposed skin, eyes and the insides of her mouth. She released Tara and blindly staggered about screaming and wailing loudly, thereby giving Tara ample time to put some distance between them.


As the corrusive effects of silver nitrate etched and painfully dug into her flesh, it left behind a multitude of pits everywhere it had come in contact with. Tara knew she had to make do with the time she'd just bought. So, she made a mad dash for the trailer, but, Tommy had already beat her to it.


"Hey, whoever you are let me in. Please don't leave me out here with her." Tara pleaded. She maintained her belief that the person she was trying to negotiate with in that trailer was not Sam, even though he looked like him.

She had no clue that it was in fact Tommy who had shifted into his own brother. It was ironic that just moments ago she didn't want to be anywhere near the asshole and now she was begging to get in the trailer with him. She figured being locked up with a potential rapist was many times better than being at the unimaginable mercy of a murderous vampire.

"Oh yeah, well, see if I care." Tommy replied from behind the locked door.


"Please, please, I'll, I'll do anything you want me to do. Just let me in."


"Bitch, you broke my dick."


"Look, I'm sorry, but, please have some mercy. Don't leave me out here to die. Please."


"Alrigh-.. urrrk..", Tommy's body suddenly went into convulsions. He retched and vomited violently on the floor and collapsed next to his own pool of bloody expulsion. Then without his own doing, he morphed back into himself before he completely blacked out.


"Hey! Hey!" Tara yelled over and over again but alas in vain.

 

Hopelessly she beat her fist on the door a couple of times more , petitioning her once assailant to take pity on her and let her in. No longer detecting any sound or movement coming out of the trailer, she realized that her efforts were now useless and believed that she was proper fucked. Nervously she looked behind her and all and around the yard and saw no sign of Pam. All was quiet. Too quiet she thought.


"Fuck!" Tara lastly blurted out.

 

Frustrated and afraid she took off. She ran to the front of the premises to find Merlotte's had already been closed. Checking her wrist-watch, it was 2:00 A.M., half an hour past closing. It was another four hours before dawn, more than enough time for Pam to return and finish what she'd started. To add insult to injury, her cell phone was rendered useless having been thoroughly damaged during her first physical altercation with Pam in the parking lot. So, there was no means of her to call anyone. With no other choice left, she left on foot. No street lights to speak of, she had to rely on the moon's light to guide her and with that, she ran as fast as she could.


She ran down Parish Road in the direction of her mother's house that was some five miles away. She ran hard and fast until the muscles in her legs burned and her sides ached. With less than a mile left, she paused by a tree and leaned against its rough bark for support. She gasped for air. Her throat burned, she felt light-headed, she instantly felt sick. Coughing she bent forward and threw up what looked like the remainder of chilli and red beans on rice, her last meal she had with Naomi.

When she was through, she looked ahead of her and saw how lonely and dark the road was and it made her question her future. She never imagined her life turning out this way. She imagined being married and having kids, grand kids, heck, even great-grand kids. She imagined growing old and spending her last moments on earth surrounded by all the people she loved. Today I will not die. No, I will not give up, she told herself. Exhausted but determined she willed herself to press on.


The stillness of the cold night was unnerving to say the least. She didn't know where she found the strength to put one foot before the other and not succumb to her fears. But, she had incentive. The threat of death spurned her forth for she kept feeling that out of nowhere that Pam would suddenly swoop down and end it all. This time she was certain the bitch was not going to waste time monologuing.


"Hoot!" cried an owl perched in a tree above. Its cry was loud it seemed to echo but was enough to give Tara a start.

"Fuck!" Tara exclaimed in shear fright and looked up at the bird of prey.

The animal turned its head a good one-eighty degrees around and looked directly down at her through its large amber eyes as if to say "what's the fuck is your problem."

"If there is a God out there, please help me get to someplace safe." she whispered to herself while her heart raced madly in her chest.

As though her prayers had been answered, a lone set of headlights parted the erie darkness. Her spirits lifted and she waved at the oncoming vehicle.



"Stop! Please!" Tara beseeched flailing her arms about but the glare of the headlights made it hard for her to make out who or what type of vehicle that slowed to a stop before her.


"Tara?" a familiar voice called out. Tara brought her hand up to shield the bright lights from her eyes so that she could at least see who the voice belonged to.


"Tara, it's m-...", the gentle voice continued but stopped mid-sentence. Her name was the last thing she heard before everything went black.


~*~


 

Slowly, Tara opened her eyes. She blinked a couple of times before she could focus properly in the dimly lit room. Sitting straight up out of the bed she'd been laying on, she looked to her right at the strange environs and gathered that she was in a small one room log cabin that was quite rustic with little furnishings. Besides the bed, there was a couch, a round table with four chairs and a rocking chair. A lit fireplace was just a few yards away radiating a much welcomed warmth.

"Tara." came a voice just to the left of her.


Startled, Tara jumped. She turned around and screamed upon seeing a figure of a man sitting next to her.

Her raw instincts instantly went into overdrive. Using a combination of reverse sweep and shoulder lock takedown moves, she brought her opponent clean off the bed and down to the floor. They both landed next to the bed with a great thud, her straddling him.

"Jesus Tara, it's me."

She knew the voice but leaned in for a closer look. Still, she had to make certain and drew in his scent. And there it was, that familiar mixture of old spice after-shave and a hint of Irish Spring soap scent that always gave her a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, a sense of home. Convinced that the person under her was indeed Sam Merlotte, her facial expressions softened.

"Sam." Tara said in a calm voice while she sat atop him. Her hands pinning his shoulders firmly to the ground, her buttocks pressed to his thighs.


As he lay flat on his back, he looked up at her in silence. Her long dark hair fell forward in gentle waves, soft tendrils partially covering those smooth contours he knew so well, giving her a sexy, sensual, yet, sweet appearance. He could feel his irises expand and his lips tingle, he felt like pressing them to hers but resisted. He resisted the urge to run his hands up and down the sides of her legs, thigh and hips. He imagined cupping and squeezing her butt, he always liked doing that. Then, there were those magnetic brown eyes of hers he found himself gazing into, windows to her own private world he wished to enter and explore. If only she would let him in. If only.


"Um, do you mind.." Sam arched his eye-brows, hinting at her to release him.


"Oh, yes." Tara responded. Slightly embarrassed she got off of him. She had forgotten her place for she was more than comfortable in that position.


"Sorry I attacked you. I thought I was kidnapped. When a girl wakes up in a strange place, it's the first thing she thinks of. And there is this whole been-there-done-that kind of thing as well." she added giving him a hand.


"I'm sorry I startled you." Sam said apologetically finally getting to his feet.


"No worries. Where the hell are we?"


"In a cabin."


"Yeah, I can see that." Tara said too nervous to wait for him to explain. She quickly cased the small place and checked the door and windows ensuring that they were securely locked.

"Ok, if you would allow me to finish, miss smarty pants." Sam chuckled. "We're about thirty miles from where I picked you up. And while we're on the subject, what the hell were you doing so late walking on that lonely road? Don't you know how dangerous it can be in this town at that time of the night? With vampires and God knows what else is lurking out there, you could've been attacked or worse."

"Sam, last night Pam attacked me outside of Merlotte's."


"What? Pam? Why would she do that?"



Letting out a deep sigh, Tara took on the task of telling her story. Both of them sat down at the round table over mugs of hot chocolate while Tara explained all that she could the best that she could. Starting off with her accidental involvement with a circle of witches. Then with Marnie putting a spell on Eric Northman and Pam. Lastly ending her story with Pam attacking her in the parking lot.


 "Wow. She sounds pretty pissed." Sam said referring to Pam.


"Pissed is putting it mildly. That blonde vamper bitch wants me dead."


"Jesus Tara, you've only been back in less than two weeks and now you're caught up in this vampire and witch mess. I've heard rumours about witches, but damn, to find that they are real."


"Sam, those fuckers practice necromancy. I mean that's some deep shit."


"Fuck."


"Yeah. And you know what? I saw with my own two eyes those witches bring a dead fucking parrot back to life for two seconds."


"No fucking way."


"Fucking way."


"Fuck."


"Yeah, and now I have to be hiding from a muthafucking insane smelly vampire bitch. Hell I didn't sign up for this shit."

"Don't worry, you're safe here, with .." Sam reassured. His voice trailed off and he looked down into his mug.


"I'm always safe with you, Sam." Tara said with warm sincerity, then yawned.


"Um, it's late. I'll take the couch." Sam said standing up and picking up the empty mugs.


"No, I'll take the couch. It's the least I could do." Tara said as she watched him walk over to the kitchenette.

"No, you've been through a lot in one night. You need your rest. Don't argue. Take the bed." Sam insisted with his back to her and above the sound of the water gushing from the faucet. Quickly, he washed the mugs and set them to drain on a dish rack next to the sink.

"I know this is selfish of me to say this, but, even though you regret coming back, I'm glad you did. I .." Sam began saying as he turned on his heels to face her. He paused when he saw that she was fast asleep on the couch, then ended,

"...missed you."

                                                                            ~*0*0*~












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.