[Reviews - 66] starstarstarstarhalf-starPrinter
Summary:

All is fair in love and war?

That's the way the story goes until Nita Floyd's promotion is handed to the son of her firm's managing partner. Fifteen years on the job, two failed marriages, and a son and daughter who hate her more than life itself, what's Nita's next move. How far will she go to right the wrong especially when her rival re-acquaints her with a little thing called fun.


Rated: Mature Content
Categories: Original Fiction
Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: General
Genre: Comedy , Drama, Family, Friendship, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Fluff, Original Characters, Racism, Sexual Content , Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 11731 Read: 47970
Published: December 12 2011 Updated: March 05 2012
Story Notes:

A dream dropped this idea in my lap. I also blame some insane office politics on the stress fostering the inspiration behind this story.  I know where I'm going...fingers crossed...I hope you enjoy the execution of the tale.

1. Your Cast... by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (24 words)

Just what the chapter title says...faces to help your imagination...or just skip it and come up with your own people in your head...

2. Introduction - Nita's Struggle by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (895 words)

Just a little introduction to Nita Floyd...

3. Introduction - Russ the Glutton for Punishment by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1034 words)

Now it's Russ Ware's turn

4. The Apple Doesn't Fall Too Far... by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1055 words)

Still building my foundation and establishing family dynamics...more soon...for now...enjoy Nita and a little more of her family...

Thank you for reading and reviewing...please continue to share your thoughts...I really appreciate you guys

5. Like Father...Like Son by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1185 words)

I know you may have been waiting for Nita and Deja interaction. It's coming but I had to take a moment to showcase what Russ was feeling after the first day on the job, plus we had to introduce his support system...The Henrys...and I wouldn't be me if I didn't put an additional layer of connection in there that Russ and Nita aren't quite aware of...just yet...

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this update.

6. First Name Basis by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1382 words)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Chamber Hooligans. I hope everyone is enjoying time with their family, friends, and loved ones. Here's a somewhat random update for Love and War. Yes I do have a Steven in my life and he loves to rear his ugly head, especially during this time of year. Maybe this update was birthed out of that frustration. So I apologize in advance. Anyway it is also building a quasi friendship/flirtatious relationship that may prove important to future happenings in this story.

Take my hand...let's jump peeps

7. Tentative Agreement by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1140 words)

I really hate to post this update. A few of you are having difficulties connecting with Nita. I'm not going to make excuses for her. She's in a tough position and she's handled a lot of things in the wrong way. This next update will show she's trying to change but really she's her own worst enemy and she keeps messing up. It's also going to add another intersection between Russ and Nita. When the mess hits the fan...it's really going to hit the fan...

Let's do this.

8. Sincere Thanks by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1429 words)

Oh the ideas abound with this little tale...I promise to work on it more...to get this lovely twists and turns worked out...

Despite some of the thoughts about Nita, I like her. She's complicated and extremely flawed. Just like a real person I know all too well...

We're moving right along in this update...hope you enjoy...thanks for reading...

9. A Step Forward...A Mile Back by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1291 words)

I'm not even going to write it...just trust me and keep reading...K

10. My Own Worst Enemy by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstar (1105 words)

Long time no update...this one hit me out of nowhere...bear with me...hopefully the inspiration is back

11. Awkward Indiscretions... by TheSouthernScribe [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1191 words)

I'm going for it...take it or leave it...

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.