Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sooo thsi took a long time. My typing scheduale has been thrown to hell so I've been trying to improvise and get some things settled in my personal life, but now I'm back! I hope you enjoy, I'm sorry it took so long :(




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


                John’s eyes widened, his heart rate picking up as a sudden jolt of adrenaline raced through him. It took everything in him to keep from making any sudden moves but waves of shock and nausea rolled over him. He looked down at Ana as she lay in his lap, licking the sticky pink sugar from her fingers. He was staring at her face intently, memorizing all of the features, trying to connect all of the similarities to his memory of the Aleksandrov princess. Suddenly the gorgeous woman in his arms felt so...foreign. This was the same woman who’s kissed him, made him laugh, ate dinner with his family, and screamed for him in the throes of ecstasy, yet John was staring at her with brand new eyes.


Ana felt him staring at her and looked up at him, rolling her tongue around her sticky pink finger. Their eyes met, his mint green to her dark brown. She slowly slid her wet finger from her mouth and watched as John’s eyes darted to her lips. He reached out and grabbed her hand, lifting it to his mouth slowly before rapping his lips around the wetted digit and sucking off the small bit of cotton candy that remained. John rolled his tongue around the finger and groaned softly, feeling himself get hard in his jeans. He couldn’t believe this, a few seconds ago he was trying to figure out if the woman on his lap was a potential criminal, now he was trying to figure out how to get her to the nearest bed. He tugged her finger from his mouth and placed it down onto her lap quickly. Ana noticed how his body had gotten tense and her brow crinkled into a small frown. Just a minute ago he’d looked like he was ready to roll on top of her and help her get some grass stains but now he’d frozen solid. Ana felt the rapidly cooling saliva from John’s mouth on her finger, the feeling matched the way her heart felt. Ana’s lips parted slightly, her pouty lips curving as she inhaled slowly.


                “Is everything okay? You-”


                “It’s fine, we should be getting back though.” John interrupted, sliding Ana’s body away from him and standing up. Ana’s head thunked onto the grassy ground and she felt her annoyance rising as she watched John brush off his jeans. She stood up and rolled her eyes as she tossed her cotton candy aside and trying not to pout. John knew he was being cold towards her but he couldn’t help it, his mind was reeling, and he needed clarity. He had to get control over his emotions and not get cold towards Ana. If she as truly the Aleksandrov Princess then he could use her for information, she could be a very valuable asset, but John desperately hoped it wouldn’t come to that, in his heart he wanted Ana to just be…Ana. Hell, he wanted Ana to be his, but he definitely would not be able to have a relationship with a criminal. But at this point, he didn’t know what to believe, so he had to play his cards right. He stretched his mouth out into a smile, wondering if it looked as fake as it felt. He was never good t lying to people he cared about, and despite his new suspicions, he did care about Ana.


John grabbed Ana’s hand stiffly as they made their way through the go kart arena, passed the small game arcade, and back to his truck. John was silent when he opened the door for Ana and helped her into the truck, and he remained silent along the drive home. The silence piqued Ana’s curiosity but she only frowned to herself and wondered what could be wrong. Maybe John was upset because she beat him in the race? She cast a quick glance over at him and saw his stony profile focused on the road, his brow furrowed as he absentmindedly tapped his thumb on the steering wheel. There was no music playing, only the drum of John’s thumb against the rubber of the steering wheel, the hum of the engine, and the sound of the outside traffic. Ana was debating whether or not she should say something to John but her thoughts were interrupted by her ringtone, a keyboard version of her favorite techno song ‘Ninja Challenge’ by Eptic. John’s eyes darted over when the first few tones rang out and Ana rolled her eyes and dug the phone out of her back pocket. John strained his ears to hear who was on the line but it was difficult to understand when he could only hear one side of the conversation.


                “Yes?.....Tonight…..of course, tell Papa I’ll be there. Send someone to pick me up, I’ll explain later. Bye.” Ana ended the call and tucked her phone back into her pocket.


                “So you’re going somewhere huh?” John asked, hoping to sound nonchalant. Ana nodded and flashed him a quick smile.


                “Yeah, I have a family thing going on.” She vaguely explained, turning her head to look out the window. She could recognize their surroundings and knew they were almost back to their apartment complex.


                John tried to keep his face neutral as he glanced over at Ana. He watched her profile, his eyes grazing her of her lashes, and the lovely hazel shade of her eyes as the sun cast illuminating rays across her face, reflecting off of her long dark hair and making her brown skin glow.


                “You know if you need a ride I can drop you off…” he offered, sounding casual as he tightened his hand around the steering wheel to keep himself from reaching for her. Part of him wanted to hold her hand, and the other part of him wanted to cuff her. Well, both parts of him wanted to cuff her but the use of the cuffs would have been very different.


                “Well, I would much rather drive myself but an insanely horny cop took my bike.” Ana whined with a playful pout, batting her eyes and going for a damsel in distress look. John rolled his eyes and smirked at her.


                “Really? Well the next time you see that cop thank him for me, you really shouldn’t be riding that deathtrap Ana. Those things are dangerous.” He warned. Ana sighed and turned to face him.


                “John I’m a very good driver, and I’m very careful.”


“Says the girl who rides without a helmet.” He huffed, “I just want you to be safe that’s all.” He explained.


“I am safe. I take risks, but only if I know I can succeed. You don’t have to worry.” She murmured, her eyes going soft for a moment. She relaxed her body against the back of the seat, watching his profile. There was no doubt in her mind that John had been acting strange, but his worry for her was genuine, and she didn’t really know how to reassure him.


John didn’t reply. He just nodded and reached his hand over the console to grab hers. Ana intertwined her long slim fingers with his, feeling the strength in his hold and the rough texture of his callouses. His hand was warm, and Ana found it relaxing as they drove the last few minutes of the ride in silence. When John pulled his truck up to the front of their building Ana could already see a black town car parked in front of the building, and she knew by the pitch black tinted windows that it was her ride.


“I uh…I had fun today.” John said, giving her a boyish grin as he turned towards her, leaning his body forward. Ana smiled and met him halfway.


“I did too, we should do this again sometime.” She offered. John’s smile faltered for a moment, his face showing a flash of wariness before he quickly covered it with a chuckle and nodded his head.


“We should.” He confirmed, leaning forward and giving her a quick kiss on her cheek before leaning back onto his side of the car. Ana felt the warmth of his kiss against her cheek and smiled breezily. She was extremely cautious at how strange John had begun to act, especially after the wariness that she had seen on his face. He’d tried to hide it but it was plain as day to her but she kept her composure. In her life, a poker face could be the difference between life and death, and Ana was a pro. She winked at John flirtatiously before sliding her way out of the car and shut the door behind her. She could feel John’s eyes on her back as she strode to the car but she kept herself from faltering. The driver stepped out and walked around the car to open the door, nodding a respectful greeting at Ana which she returned. Ana lowered herself into the car and slid into the smooth creamy leather interior, the light tan color serving as a sharp contrast to the exterior of the car. She relaxed amongst the cool seats, closing her eyes and wondering what she would do about John.


John watched Ana as she walked, his eyes focused on her curvy apple shaped ass as she glided her way to a black town car. He watched a middle aged man exit the driver’s side and walk around the vehicle to open the door for Ana. John knew it must be her driver. He watched as Ana and the man nodded in greeting and then she slid into the car, her small curvy form disappearing from his sight. John’s focused remained on the car, watching the driver return to the front of the vehicle. The man opened the door, and then paused, his head darting up and making eye contact with John. They remained like that for a tense moment, John’s steady stare battling with the stoic yet hostile expression of the driver. John felt himself switching into cop mode as he took a mental description of the man. Medium build, Caucasian white male, short brunette hair cropped close to the man’s scalp, and a stare that would have had a lesser man quaking in his boots. John knew a predator when he saw one, and this man was definitely a predator. John’s left hand began to lower towards the 9mm that he kept stashed under his seat for emergencies but the man made no move. He merely raised a questioning brow before lowering himself into the car ad driving away. John frowned. He’d been in enough shady situations to know that there was more than what met the eye with Ana’s driver.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 


Ana stood for a moment outside the tall double doors to the Aleksandrov office, taking a minute to catch her bearings. Thoughts of John and his strange actions had been plaguing Ana’s brain for the entire ride to the manor but she couldn’t think of things like that now. John was her fling, her momentary tryst with a man who walked on the right side of the law. They could never be anything more than playmates, and as much as that hurt Ana there was nothing she could do about it. He was a cop, a cop that came from a long line of cops, and she was an Aleksandrov. She sighed and opened the door, plastering her sunniest smile to her face as she greeted her three favorite men in the world.


“Knock knock” Ana sang while opening the door to the office, her eyes adjusting to its slightly dark interior. There were low lights placed throughout the office  


“Tat’yana!” Dimitri exclaimed, a bright smile spreading across his face, “Syuda moya malene7;kaya printsessa(Come here my little princess)!” Dimitri Aleksandrov called, standing from his seat behind the desk and smiling as Ana ran into his arms and hugged the old man who was so much like a father to her.


Privet Papa (Hi Papa).”She smiled against his chest and stood on her toes to kiss his wrinkly cheek. Mikhail and Nikolai watched their father have a heartfelt reunion with Tat’yana and remained silent. Nikolai smiled, he knew his father had a soft spot for Tat’yana. She’d had him wrapped around her little finger from day 1. Nikolai remembered when he and Mikhail had first seen their father cooing over little Tati. The twins had been discussing on of Mikhail’s latest conquests when they’d been passing Tat’yana’ room and heard her giggling widely. The boys were drawn to the sound and went to investigate, and they were shocked to see that their father was the source of the baby’s laughter. Their father, the man who had ordered and executed the death of hundreds of men, the man who ran over all underground criminal operations with an iron fist, was standing there amongst the pink and yellow baby room, cooing over the little girl as she drooled and giggled with a toothless smile, her small hands wrapping around Dimitri’s pointer finger, determined to play with his thick blue sapphire ring. She’d been a few months old, barely 8 pounds, with bright hazel eyes and round chubby cheeks, yet she’d captured the heart of a ruthless man. From that moment on, Nikolai knew she’d play a key role in their lives.


When Ana and Dimitri split up she bounced her way over to the one empty chair left in the office, directly between Nikolai and Mikhail, kissing each brother on each cheek before sitting down and crossing her legs. Mikhail’s face remained stoic as Ana kissed him but Nikolai returned the affection and ruffled Ana’s hair playfully. Ana stuck her tongue out at him and turned back to face Dimitri.


“Why did you want to see us Papa?” she asked, her curiosity getting the best of her. Dimitri smiled and shook his head slowly, replying in his native tongue.


Rossiya pozhaluysta, Tate7;yana , vy znayete, ya predpochitayu delate7; svoy r03;r03;biznes v Rossii. (Russian please Tat'yana, you know I prefer to do my business in Russian.)” he admonished. Ana frowned and sat up straighter in her chair.


Reche7; idet o biznese ? Chto ne tak? (This is about business? What’s wrong?)” she asked, feeling a bit worried. Dimitri Aleksandrov was officially retired and had handed over the Aleksandrov legacy to the twins, so something must have cause him to get involved with the business again, but Ana was still confused. She was rarely brought in for business meetings, mostly because she really only liked racing. She didn’t know how to manage the Aleksandrov Empire. She knew how to drive, and she knew how to shoot. But her gunmanship was not sought after my Dimitri so racing was her only contribution to the Aleksandrov fortune, and she made sure her races were profitable, so why was she here?


Tam bylo mnogo dvizheniya protiv prestupnogo mira v posledneye vremya. Kto-to delayet nekotoryye ochene7; riskovanno dvizhetsya, i eta seme7;ya , kazhetsya, tseli. (There has been a lot of movement against the underworld lately. Someone is making some very risky moves, and this family seems to be the target.)” he explained, his voice grave as he looked back and forth between his sons and Ana.


Takim obrazom, ustranite7; tsele7;.(So eliminate the target.)” Ana said without hesitation. Dimitri shook his head and sighed, glancing quickly at his sons before refocusing on Tat’yana. He knew what he said next could shock her, and he was worried about how easily she’d offered to have the target eliminated. He didn’t want her to become a killer, but she’d clearly spent too much time under criminal influence. Dimitri wasn’t sure if he was proud of her bravery of disappointed that he couldn’t keep her innocence intact.


Eto ne tak prosto Tate7;yana . Eta novaya ugroza obespechivayet individuale7;nyy podkhod k nashim zatrudnitele7;noye polozheniye. V rezule7;tate , male7;chiki predlozhil vam vernute7;sya v dom vremenno. (It is not that simple Tat'yana. This new threat provides a personal touch to our predicament. As a result, the boys have proposed you move back into the house temporarily.)” he stated. Ana immediately began to shake her head no and Nikolai tensed while Mikhail remained silent.


“I don’t want to move back Papa. I like my apartment.” She protested, switching back to English in her haste to speak. Dimitri didn’t scold her for it even though he preferred to converse in Russian.


“I know you prefer your independence Tat’yana, you’re just like your mother.” He murmured, his voice deepening with a slight hint of remorse. “But this is for your safety, once we are sure everything is back to normal you may go back to your apartment, you have my word.” Dimitri promised. Ana was silent for a moment but she couldn’t deny that he had a point, and she knew she would not win this argument. She bit her lip for a moment before pouting up at him and rolling her eyes.


“Well if you insist, I will move back home, temporarily.” she emphasized with a dramatic sigh. Dimitri smiled and leaned forward on the desk.


“Good, now lets address this little relationship between you and Mikhail” he said casually. Ana’s eyes widened like saucers and she looked like a deer in the headlights. Nikolai erupted into a fit of coughs. Dimitri grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously. He knew that the twins and Tat’yana did not know he knew about the brewing romance between Mikhail and Tat’yana. As Tati sat stunned and Nikolai struggled to regain his normally impenetrable composure, Mikhail remained unmoved by the entire situation. He was still slouching in his chair, looking like he was too cool to even react to this news, but Ana couldn’t even speak her mouth was so dry.


“I uh…I’m not..” she stammered, her eyes darting to Nikolai for help, but he didn’t offer any. “Papa, I…umm..” Ana tried to keep herself from stuttering but she could find no words to say, but right at that moment Mikhail finally spoke up.


“Tati and I are not engaged in any sort of romantic relationship.” Mikhail stated his voice casual and relaxed, as though this was common knowledge. Everyone in the room paused for a moment at his words. Nikolai watched his brother carefully, wondering where he was going with this, while Ana felt like he’d just dumped a bucket of ice on her. She sucked in a deep breath, feeling her anger rise as she recalled the words Mikhail had said to her after he’d taken her virginity years ago. You and I are nothing. This was a mistake. She set her jaw and took a deep breath.


Dimitri raised one eyebrow at his son’s announcement, watching Mikhail’s cool composure and Tat’yana’s reaction for a moment before speaking.


“Is this true Tat’yana?” he asked, his eyes sympathetic for a moment, it was clear that she was hurt by what Mikhail had just said.


“Yes Papa, that is true.” She bit out, meeting his eyes steadily, her poker face put in place. Dimitri hid his disappointment. He knew it would take a tough woman to stay with his son, and he had hoped Tat’yana would be that woman, but Mikhail was definitely pushing her away.


“Well then, I suppose that’s all we have to talk about.” Dimitri said, dismissing them. He would not push the issue right now, deciding that he would wait and monitor his son much more closely. Mikhail may be able to lie like a pro, but Dimitri Aleksandrov was no fool, all he had to do was wait for his boy to realize that he couldn’t always rely on his brain to make his decisions. Sometimes a man had to trust his heart, which was a lesson Dimitri Aleksandrov learned the hard way.


-------------------------------------------------------------------


                John sat at his desk in a darkened corner of the precinct, his shoulders raised and his brow furrowed. His desk was small, riddle with paper work, files, loose tickets and empty cups of coffee. John had spent hours at this desk, dealing with some of the seediest criminals in the city, but nothing had him as tense as this moment. John focused on the bright screen, its eerie blue glow piercing his eyes, its morose coloring reflecting John’s personal feelings and his state of confliction. He had the criminal database up, attempting to find any information he could on Ana, but he didn’t know where to look. He racked his brain, trying to recall what she’d told him about her family. He could hardly find anything about her. He didn’t know her last name but he knew she had her mother’s last name instead of her father’s, but he didn’t even know the name of Ana’s mother.


On a whim he’d searched for all African American females with the name Ana. The results were slim, and none of them were his Ana. No matter how many different ways he searched for something similar to what Ana had told him, he couldn’t find anything about her in the system. After 2 hours of ruthless searching John sat back and sighed, rubbing his hands over his tired eyes. He couldn’t believe there was absolutely no way to trace Ana. When he’d first had an idea to come into the office late at night and try to dig up something on Ana, thinking that he could probably use their pillow talk to his advantage, but the more he searched, the less he found. Despite the fact that he’d learned a little about her past, she hadn’t really told him much. No names, no locations, nothing that would have a record. Could it just be a coincidence or was Ana covering something up? Did she truly have something to hide, could she actually be the infamous Aleksandrov princess?


                If John had actually uncovered the elusive princess, then what would happen next? Could he truly turn Ana in? Something within him wanted Ana, he liked her. She was beautiful, funny, and interesting, and she made him hard enough to crack concrete, John wasn’t sure if he’d be able to hand her in, but if he kept her secret, he’d be withholding evidence, and aiding a criminal. John shook this though out of his head and stood up to stretch his cramped legs. He had to keep thoughts like that out of his mind. At best he had a suspicion, but no evidence, so there was no need to even talk to anyone in the precinct about Ana. In fact, the only potentially incriminating thing she’d ever said was that she worked with cars, and that was hardly evidence enough to arrest anyone. Even though John’s gut told him Ana was the princess, but his heart wouldn’t let him accept that. John shook his head and walked between the long rows of desks, past the interrogation room, and took the stairs down to the gym. A good workout would keep his mind off of this issue, at least until his heart and his gut could come to a compromise.  


                                                             






Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it, pleas comment!!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.