Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sooo, alot of people are leaning towards Misha, and hey I get it. He's a bad boy with attitude and he ozzes sexiness. But some poeple want her with John.....hmmm.....i guess we'll see.

Oh and sorry for any typos and stuff. I suck at editing :P




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Ana looked down into the depths of her cereal bowl and used her spoon to swirl her apple jacks around what was left of her milk. She had 3 separate outfits thrown on her couch, and she was nowhere close to choosing something to wear. It was warm outside, and she was going to a barbeque. What do people wear to barbeques?  Ana looked over at option 1: a teal knee length dress with a cinched waist that fanned out just under her rib cage, a jewel embroidered collar and 3 horizontal rectangular cutouts on the back, each lower than the other. She usually wore the dress to weddings since it was flirty and showed enough skin without being flashy. Option 2 was a strapless black and green Ikat print dress with bouncy trimming at the bust and hem. There was no option three because Ana had run out of options. She had no idea where this barbeque was, who would be there, and how long it would be. Heels were a no since she had no idea how much walking, talking, or moving there would be.

 

Ana tossed her bowl in the sink, no longer interested in her apple and cinnamon filled breakfast. Instead she was trying to figure out how she would be ready before 11:00 when the clock currently read 10:37. She turned away from the sink and walked back to her bedroom to take a quick shower and straighten her hair. Her Acqua di Gioa shower gel calmed her down a bit, and afterwards she was able to think clearly. Once her hair was done, and she’d put on some mascara and lip gloss, Ana checked the time again. 10:49! Ana scrambled through her closet, throwing clothes in all directions, resembling a Tasmanian devil as she tore her way through the closet in an attempt to find something appropriate. Finally Ana settled on a black pullover sweatshirt with a graphic depicting a scene from her favorite cartoon Bambi on the front., a pair of white cutoff shorts, and black gladiator sandals. She raced back into the bathroom to give herself a quick look and touched up her Guava Melon lip gloss. She didn’t know why she cared so much about her look but today was an odd occurrence; she was going out with someone who had no attachments with the family. No it was worse; she was going out with someone who probably wanted to destroy the family. He was a cop for god’s sake, a cop whose job was to put an end to organized crime, and the Aleksandrov family, her family, was the biggest organized crime family in the world.

 

                Ana’s train of thought was interrupted when the sound of the door knocking invaded her mind. She took a deep breath and went to open the door. No amount of preparations would prepare her for the unbelievably sexy cop.

 

                “Hey.”  John greeted her with a lopsided grin, giving her a once over, his eyes lingering on her legs. Ana smiled and her stomach did a little cartwheel. He looked extremely edible in his dark wash jeans that hung loosely on his hips, and tightened a bit around his strong muscular thighs. His tight fitting navy graphic tee showcased his muscular physique.

 

                “Boyscout,” Ana murmured, smirking up at him from under her lashes, “ready to take me out for punishment?” she asked with a flirty smile.

 

 

 

 

 

                John nearly swallowed his tongue. It was bad enough he’d have to spend the entire day seeing her long toned legs, and the sexy way she called him ‘boy scout’. Now he had to have that sentence replay over and over again in his mind. Clearly his mystery woman was gutsy, did she know he had a slight taste for kink? He wondered, or maybe the possible sexual innuendo in her sentence was purely coincidental.

 

                “Ready to go?” John asked, taking a step back from the doorway to clear room for her to pass. He watched as the woman bit her lip and seemed to consider the question for a moment, her eyes locked on the threshold of her apartment, but after a quick moment she stepped out of the apartment and shut the door behind her.

 

                “Aren’t you going to lock it?” John asked, puzzled as she started walking towards the elevator. The girl frowned as if his question puzzled her.

 

                “Why? I live next to Law & Order, I’m not in any danger.” She said with a smirk. John’s mouth set into a thin line but he kept his mouth shut as he followed behind her. She didn’t lock her doors? Did she know how much crime went on in this city? Thefts, hit and runs, rapes, burglaries, and so much more, and this woman wanted to leave her door open to any type of danger? He’d definitely have to give her his “Safety and Awareness” speech. For now John had to get them to the barbeque at his mother’s house.

 

 

 

                John’s mother was waiting on the porch when he pulled his pickup truck into the driveway. He could already see his older brother’s Jeep, and his younger sister’s mini-van. The ride there had been uneventful. He’d mainly driven and taken note of the scenery as they headed out of the city and into the suburbs, and she’d fiddled with the radio until she found a classical station and then she’d silently stared out the window. John found the lack of conversation to be refreshing. The smooth chords of the piano mixed with the violins filled the truck, and as time passed he found her presence to be relaxing. When they were a few minutes away from his mother’s house she had finally spoken.

 

                “Where are we going?”

 

                John peeked over at her for a moment and admired her profile as she continued to look out the window. She looked lost in her own thoughts and beautiful at the same time as the afternoon sun brightened her face, making her eyes seem even brighter and highlighting her gentle features. Her pouty heart shaped mouth was slightly open, and her hair fell angelically across her cheek. John wondered what it would be like to kiss those lips, to slip his tongue into her mouth and hear her gasp for him as he tangled his hands in her soft thick hair. John forced himself to look back to the road and stop daydreaming about the virtual stranger sitting next to him, which was not an easy task. Every time he breathed her scent filled his lungs with an erotic blend of mint, jasmine, cedar wood, and warm brown sugar, and it was an intoxicating scent. John wanted to grab her and tug her over the center console to bring her closer to him so that he could have more of her scent near him, engulfing him.

 

                “Boy scout?” she asked, turning to him and snapping him out of his own lust filled thoughts.

 

                “We’re going to my mother’s house. She wanted all of my brothers and sisters together for a family gathering.” He explained, turning the last corner before pulling onto his mother’s block. The neighborhood was nice and friendly. Quaint little houses stood side-by-side as children played with each other on the sidewalk. It was the neighborhood he’d grown up in, being back gave John an intense feeling of nostalgia.

 

                “You’re taking me to meet your family? I’m a stranger! What if I was an axe-murderer?” she asked, bewildered. John smirked at her, and chuckled. She was cute, and she did have that femme fatale thing going for her but it was hard to imagine her as an axe murderer.

 

                “I assure you, if you were an axe murderer you’d already be in jail, especially a murderer as pretty as you. People would be too eager to catch you.” John replied with a heart stopping grin. He cut the engine and was helping her out of the car before she even had a chance to rap her bid around what he’d just said, after that she was bombarded by his family.

 

                “John Elijah Thomas, it’s a miracle you still remember how to get home, I was sure you’d need to call and ask for directions, it’s been so long.” Exclaimed the slightly pudgy woman on the porch, she had long curly brunette hair and a wide smile with twinkling eyes that made her seem like Betty Cockers’ secret twin.

 

                “Hi Ma.” John said, wrapping his mother into a bear hug. She stepped back and placed her had on his cheek, wiping off a smudge that only mothers would see.

 

                “It’s been so long, I thought my youngest boy had forgotten about me.” She said with a dramatic pout. John smirked and wrapped and arm around his mother and gave her another quick squeeze.

 

                “Ma how could I ever forget he first woman I’ve ever loved?” he joked back, shaking his head mournfully.

 

                “Don’t play your mother for a fool boy, the first “woman” you ever loved was Susie Kankerson in the back of her daddy’s garage. Now, who is this lovely woman you’ve brought home with you?” She said, pinching her son’s cheek before moving past him to the little lady.

 

                “Ma this is my friend…” John hesitated; he still hadn’t learned her name. He’d been lusting after a woman and he didn’t even know her name, and now he’d brought her home to his parents, who didn’t miss a thing. There was no way John’s mother had missed his hesitation but the woman tried to cover for him anyway.

 

                “I’m Ana. It’s lovely to meet you ma’am.” She introduced herself, holding her hand out and smiling politely. John’s mother laughed out loud and grabbed Ana’s hand, tugging her into a huge hug that left Ana stunned.

 

                “Oh sweetie put that hand away and give me a hug! I’m Johns’ mother, Mary-Alice Thomas, you can just call me Mary-Alice, or May, forget about that ma’am stuff, makes me feel old. John have ever introduced me to any of his friends, come in come in, everyone’s in the backyard.” She rambled, steering Ana into the house.

 

“Yes Ma’am-err….May.” Ana mumbled awkwardly, suddenly feeling shy. John smirked as he watched Ana and his mom. Given her reaction to his mothers’ hug she would definitely get a shock meeting the rest of the clan. John followed after his mother and watched Ana’s bubbly little butt as she walked. Just watching her reaction to his mother was entertaining; he wondered how she’d get along with the rest of his family? She didn’t seem like a person with a lot of social contact. He’d only seen her by herself, and his brief peek into her condo told him that she was definitely living alone. There wasn’t a lot of furniture, but he’d noticed the large tv, complex game systems, and he’d seen a wall of motorcycle helmets. The lack of furniture would imply that she didn’t have company often, and motorcycles were not a family practical vehicle for someone who socialized with others often. He wondered if she was antisocial. If so, it would be entertaining to watch her interact with his touchy-feely family.

 

 

 

                Ana tried to keep up as the sweet looking May spoke jovially and led her through a quaintly decorated house. She couldn’t believe she was at a barbeque. John’s mother was a little bit overwhelming. She was kind, friendly, smelled like cookies, and oozed of motherly love. Ana wasn’t sure if she should giggle or be sick. She was led into a large backyard with blooming roses and a lot of greenery, reminding her of a fairytale garden, and a small playground in the back next to a large oak tree. There were a few adults sitting around a lawn table off to the side and four children were running around it, playing some sort of game. The smell of charcoal and barbeque sauce filled the air, making Ana’s stomach growl. John’s mother led her over to the table first, and Ana felt an odd feeling in her stomach as four pairs of eyes all turned her way.

 

                “Ana sweetheart, this is my youngest daughter Jessica,” May said, pointing to a short brunette woman that was rocking a small infant in her arms. She had sky blue eyes, long wavy hair and a light splash of reckless across the bridge of her nose, “that little bundle of cuteness is my youngest grandchild David. The gentleman sitting next to Jessica is my son-in-law Christopher, but we just call his Chris. That’s my oldest son A.J., and my nephew Jackson, my older sister’s son.” May continued, introducing Ana to all of the people at the table.

 

“It’s nice to meet you miss.” Christopher said, giving Ana a firm handshake. Christopher was a handsome man with kid features and a clean shave face. He reached out to shake Ana’s hand while keeping his other hand on the back of his wife’s chair. Jessica gave Ana a kind hello, and Ana noticed how light and sweet her voice was. If John’s mother was a real-life fairy godmother then Jessica definitely was the Cinderella. May’s son A.J. gave Ana a slight nod as a greeting as he nursed his beer and kept a watchful eye on everyone as his eyes swept over the backyard. A.J. looked a lot like John, he had a defined jaw, strong cheekbones, and a slightly grim expression on his face. His eyes were a dark mossy green, while John’s were more hazel flecked with green. Jackson was a very handsome young man, he looked like he was close to Ana’s age, with Justin Beiber bangs, a flirtatious grin, and a skater boy outfit. He gave Ana a look that she couldn’t quite decipher and winked before looking down at his phone and texting something. He looked familiar to Ana but she couldn’t quite place his face.

 

“Everyone this is John’s friend Ana.” May explained while Ana shifted from side to side uncomfortably. John was behind them watching the entire exchange and holding back a smirk.

 

“I didn’t know John had friends.” Jessica joked, recognizing Ana’s discomfort and trying to ease the situation for her.

 

“Ha ha.” John laughed sarcastically as he walked around his mother to kiss his sisters forehead. “Look at my little nephew, he’s got the Thomas charm already, I bet he’s a heartbreaker to all of the other toddler chicks.” John said while lifting his squirming 7 month old nephew into his arms. John rubbed his nose on little David’s stomach and the baby giggled gleefully in his white onesie, kicking his chubby little legs and tossing his head back.

 

“The only heart he’s been breaking is mine, I barely get any sleep.” Jessica joked as May took David from John and began to make little baby noises at the child.

 

“You don’t get to sleep anymore; you have to make sure the next generations of Thomas males get their nutrition.” John said, noticing that Ana was inching away and wrapped his arm around her waist to tug her closer. Part of him brightened at how nice it felt to have her closer to him, his hand of her hip, even though he felt her stiffen a bit before relaxing in his hold.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and scoffed at her older brother, “The Thomas males expect to be waited on hand and foot 24 hours a day, I’m raising this next generation my own way so he won’t expect to be treated like a little prince.” Jessica said.

 

“Besides John, it’s not like you’re adding to the next generation of Thomas males.” May muttered to herself, but everyone at the table heard her but chose not to address. It was no secret within the family that May desperately wanted her sons to settle down and give her more grandchildren. John felt Ana’s shoulder tense up and cursed under his breath.

 

“So when will the food be ready Aunt May?” A.J. asked, standing up from the table and stretching, glossing over the awkward moment. Just then, a flash of sunny blonde curls slammed into his legs, nearly knocking him over.

 

“Uncle A.J.!” the blonde bundle screamed, latching onto his leg and shaking him as A.J. laughed and picked the blonde up as he regained his balance. Ana saw that is was a small girl, probably around 5 years old wearing a pink and yellow floral sundress.

 

“What is it rugrat?” A.J. asked the little girl as he tickled her stomach, she squealed in response.

 

“That’s my daughter Natalie. My other two are running around here somewhere creating havoc and mass destruction. I have another daughter named Marie, and another boy named Freddy.” Jessica explained to Ana. John squeezed Ana closer to his side, filling his lungs with the smell of her shampoo. Ana relaxed against him, feeling some of the tension leave her body. She felt weird being submerged in this loving family environment but John’s nearness made her feel less nervous, and she actually liked his family.

 

“My cousin has made it her personal mission to populate the world with more rugrats.” A.J. said, tickling Natalie some more before setting her back down.

 

“Foods ready!” yelled a gruff male voice. Ana craned her neck around to figure out where the deep voice came from while everyone else cheered. On the other side of the yard, I front of a smoking barbeque stood a large man who looked like a mix of John and A.J., but older, Ana realized that this must be John’s father. Everyone began to file into the house, with May leading the way, holding a sleeping David in her arms. John turned to Ana and motioned for her to follow him. Ana had barely take a few steps before she felt an odd warmth behind her, signifying the presence of another human being. She turned around and found herself face to face with Jackson. Ana frowned as he grinned and leaned closer to her.

 

“I’ve only ever seen royalty from afar. I must say you look lovely in person princess.” Jackson murmured, leaning close to Ana. He looked down at her lips briefly before looking back at her eyes. Ana felt chills down her back and struggled to maintain her composure under Jackson’s gaze. His look was predatory and gave Ana a very weird feeling. Even worse, he called her royalty and princess.

 

Holy crap….Jackson knew who she was.






Chapter End Notes:

So here's our newest update, I hope you've enjoyed it. Next chapter ill have some more events at the barbeque, and Ana will have some more interactions. And Jackson...welll lets just say he is a very very bad boy.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.