Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is set a year after the niners lost at the Super Bowl this year. So, for the purposes of this story, let's pretend they win the 2014 Super Bowl. Also, I suppose you could consider SOME of this AU. I don't predict making much of it...unrealistic though. However, if I do, please don't hesitate to let me know. I appreciate and respect constructive criticism.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Chapter 1:

God, how do I get myself caught up in these situations? This isn't me. None of this is. The club, the partying, the loud music, my outfit. Oh Lord, my outfit is definitely not me. This is all Kaydence fault. Then again, isn't everything?

 Speaking of the devil, "Would you stop being such a downer and come dance with me?" Kaydence, with those large blue orbs of hers, stare at me with judgment. I swear, there are pretty people in this world, ugly people, drop dead gorgeous, and then there's Kay. She's like the girl next door, mixed with the girl your mom fears you bringing home and the chick people can't help but to love all wrapped in one. Yeah, she's just that awesome.

"Seems to me like you're doing just fine over there," I motion over to the handsome guy she was just grinding on. You know that slutty, but incredibly sweet, best friend we all have? Kay.

"Ri Ri," she whines. She has and will always be the only one who can call me that without making my mouth want to churn out the last meal I had. "You're not having any fun-"

"Hence why I didn't want to come," I cut her off sharply. "You know clubs and partying and all this shit just isn't my thing." I run my hands through my blonde locks, starting at my black roots. "I'd rather be at home-"

"I know," she sucks her teeth. "You'd rather be at home reading one of your boring ass books."

"My books aren't boring," I glare defensively. "And maybe you should try picking up one sometime; it might benefit you to improve your 5th grade vocabulary."

"And maybe you, should spend a little less time reading, and a LOT more time twerking dat' ass." I throw my head back in laughter as she starts twerking her large derriere. White girl got curves.

"Bitch you are too stupid," I shake my head. "And you know a guy would have to be pretty damn special for me to twerk for, and especially, on him. I'm not a hoe like your crazy ass."

"Hey! Don't knock it till you try it!" she laughs. "And who knows? Your prince charming may be somewhere in this very club."

"Oh please," I snort, taking a gulp of water. "I'm convinced my prince charming either: A. got his ass killed, B. is stuck in a tree somewhere, or C. got tired of waiting for ‘Cinderella' and started playing for the other team."

Kay shakes her head, with a smile on her makeup-clad face, "Must you always be so pessimistic?"

I pretend to ponder her question, "Yeah, pretty much."  

The person she was dancing with suddenly calls out for her and she flashes me a sympathetic look, "You sure you don't wanna dance at least once?"

"Naw, I'm good. You just go enjoy yourself. I'll be here."

She sighs reluctantly before walking off, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

"Omg. I can't believe he's actually here!" I hear an extremely annoying and overly high-pitched voice shriek from a few seats down from me.

"Right?!" Another, equally annoying voice, chimes. "And let me just say, he's even more attractive in person." What?

"Is anyone else from the team here?" The first voice asks. Team? What the hell is going on?

"I don't know. I think so. I mean, they could just be friends, but they're all muscular and stuff so I guess they are teammates. Who the fuck cares though? I don't want them. I want Colin."

Wait. Colin? As in Colin Kaepernick? The football player? Of course, it makes total sense. He, well, they did just win the super bowl almost two weeks ago, and this is a San Francisco club. Where else would they go celebrate? They probably just came from the strip club...

Let me clear something up. I am in no way, shape, or form a Colin Kaepernick fan. I don't even really like football. However, Kaydence is obsessed with the man. When he made the winning touchdown that won his team the super bowl, I'm sure Kaydence screamed so loud, the freaking President heard her loud ass. I was happy for the team, but I just don't understand the big hype over the guy. Then again, I've never bothered to really look him up. Whenever Kae talks about him, I tend to tune her out.

"Here ya go lil lady," The kind, middle-aged bartender suddenly places a drink in front of me. I have no idea what kind of drink it is, but I know it damn sure, it isn't water. Which is what I've been drinking the whole night.

"I didn't order this sir," I tell the man, looking at the drink with disgust. I don't drink. Alcohol causes people to do crazy things.

"I know," he sighs, sounding annoyed.

"Well then why the-" I stop when he motions up and behind me. I turn around to the VIP area, where he's pointing. I'm met with an attractive black guy whose eyes are filled with lust, and a smug smirk on his lips. He raises his drink to me. I roll my eyes, and turn back around.

"Take it back."

"What?" The man sounds shocked.

"Take it back," I repeat, enunciating each word. "I don't want it."

"Do you know who that is? That's Kyle Williams, wide receiver for the 49ers."

Okay, I'll admit. I am a little surprised by who my little admirer is. Still, I refuse to give in.

"And I should care because?" Honestly, this man is looking at me as if I'm mentally challenged. "Forget it, I'll give it back to him myself." Grabbing the drink off the counter, I make my way through the sea of people, careful not to drop the glass. Upon reaching the VIP section, two enormous bodyguards prevent me from entering.

"She's fine guys. Let her in." A voice, coming from behind the two klumps yells out. I suck my teeth and walk past them. I can feel eyes on me, but I refuse to make eye contact with any of them except this Kevin dude. Or was it Ken?

A whistle erupts from his mouth as I approach, and I feel my anger begin to boil. Really? Whistle? What am I a freaking dog?

He rubs his hands together and licks his lips, eyeing me up and down. I can see he's getting ready to say something, so I beat him to it.

"Here's your drink."

His smirk drops as he stares at my stretched out hand, "What?"

"Your drink. I'm giving it back to you." I explain slowly.

"But why?"

"Oh, for the love of God." I roll my eyes. "Isn't it obvious? Because I don't want it fool! N-"

"Who the hell are you calling a fool, bitch?" Did he seriously just call me what I think he did? "Do you know the fu-"

There are audible gasps from around and from the fool himself, after I throw the drink on him.

"No, I don't know you are, nor do I give a flying fuck." I speak through clenched teeth, with my hand balled into a fist. "But what I do know is that I never have and damn sure never will be your or any other man's bitch."

"Get her ass the hell out of here!" He yells towards the bodyguards.

"Oh please, allow me." I hiss, turning on my heel and storming pass frit and frat who look rather amused by the whole situation, rather than angry. As I make my way down the hall that leads to the stairs into the main part of the club, I feel someone reach out and try to grab my arm.

The hell? This is one relentless bastard.

I snatch my arm back and spin around angrily, "What the hell do you want-" I stop when I see it isn't that Kel guy. "Now." I finish quietly, eying the extremely attractive stranger in front of me. Sweet baby Jesus. If there ever was a more gorgeous man. The guy is a freaking giant. He must tower a good foot over me. My eyes immediately gaze to his half tattooed arms. He's wearing a simple black shirt, that's clearly covering his well sculpted and tattooed chest. I can't even bother to bring my eyes lower than his chest. And his face-wait-I know him. I've seen this guy somewhere before!

"I'm sorry," he raises his hands in a defensive manner. God, he has amazing arms. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't," I interject, tucking a string of hair back. "I was just caught off guard. That's all."

"Well, still, I'm sorry." He stuffs his hands in his pockets, and I'm somewhat ashamed to admit, that I find even that simple movement sexy. God, what is wrong with me? "And I just wanted to apologize for my friends behavior."

"Kendall?"

"Kyle."

"Same difference," I wave off his correction. "And I appreciate that, but please don't apologize for other people's stupidity. Besides, a real man shouldn't have to have his friend come apologize for him. It says a lot about his character."

He cracks a small smile and I feel myself melt a little inside, "And what of the friend's character?"

"It shows he's a gentleman," I can't help but to return his smile. "Albeit, a gentleman with bad taste in friends, but still a gentleman."

He laughs, and I swear my stomach flips. What is it about this man that has me like this? "What's your name?"

"Arianna," I offer bashfully. Good Lord, I feel like I'm in high school again, talking to my crush for the first time. "And you?"

For a second, he looks appalled. However, just as soon as the expression appeared, it disappears. "I'm Colin."

My mouth drops. That's who he is!

"Colin Kaepernick," I utter, feeling my face redden. "Of course, that's why you look so familiar. Wow, I'm an idiot. I'm sorry."

He looks genuinely confused, "For what? Not knowing who I am? Don't be. I almost forgot what it feels like to just treated like......"

"A normal person?" I offer meekly, He nods. "Well, if it's any consolation, you act normal."

"Really? Care to elaborate?"

"You're chill, and down to earth. Not to mention humble, especially since you took time out to come apologize to me for something that doesn't even really concern you."

"Well, Kyle was out of line for calling you a bitch."

"True," I shrug, crossing my arms. "But I shouldn't have stooped to his level by throwing the drink at him. It was out of the norm for me, honestly. And, ya know something? If he had gone about the whole situation the right way, by approaching me himself and offering to buy me a drink, I wouldn't have reacted the way I did." Crap, I'm babbling again. "I'm sorry; I tend to go off on rants. Feel free to tell me to shut up or hell, to even leave. I'm sure you have better things to do than stand here talking to me."

"Trust me when I say this, talking to you is turning out to be the highlight of my shitty day." He says sincerely and Lord I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "Are you here with anyone?"

"My best friend, but she's doing quite fine without me. Long story. Don't ask....why?"

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go somewhere and....I don't know...talk." I raise my eyebrow, and he must get my unasked question. "I don't mean like leave the club."

"I get ya, but...where would we go? I mean, if you go down there, I'm pretty sure a freaking riot would break out. And I really don't feel like being around your friend."

"Just follow me," he laughs, before walking back towards the room. I oblige. We pass up the VIP section and he opens the door, to another room. He moves so I can walk in ahead of him. The room is pretty much a replica of the VIP section. Oh, the perks of being rich and famous. He closes the door behind us. There's a tray of drinks and he grabs two, reaching one out to me.

Honestly, what is with these men and trying to get me to drink? I don't like alcohol. I should just tell him that. Then again, he is just trying to be nice. Plus, it's always been established that he's a gentleman. What if he put something in it though? No, the chances of him doing that are slim to none...right? Oh, what the hell. I might as well try to enjoy myself.

I mean, it's just one drink, what's the worst that can happen?

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Thoughts? Remember, I don't mind negative ones, just as long as they include advice and not simple/blatant bashing. 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.