Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Another little drabble. Since I did the other prompt I thought i'd give this one a try. I hope you enjoy and leave your thoughts!





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Don’t open the box. Don’t do it.

But my hands were itching.

I had to open it.

How could he not know that if you tell someone not to do something they are going to do the exact opposite? It’s like a law of life.

My hand crept closer to the red lacquered box. I just wanted to peak at what it was. I fingered the golden lock, but retreated in my quest as I heard my roommate Sam and her boyfriend Rico stumble into our apartment.

They were essentially painted on each other. Limbs flying everywhere, connecting and reconnecting to each other bodies. Black locks melding, not making it clear where one strand ended and another began. They pulled back momentarily, both sets of lips a bright cherry red and swollen.

I took the brief intermission as a chance to make my presence known.

“Hey Bri” Sam greeted leaning into Rico.

“Lady Brienne of Tarth,” Rico joked before dipping his head into the crook of Sam’s neck.

Sam looked at me expectantly. I guess that was fair. I did kind of interrupt for no reason.

A quick wink of my left eye signaled she was dismissed. No need to make unnecessary small talk.

I had bigger fish to fry.

They couple scuttled quickly to Sam’s room.

My head rested on the cool kitchen table. It was just the box and I.

This stupidly pretty red box that held the secret to having a do over. But I couldn’t open it. Or it was highly suggested that I not open it.

There was the loophole I suppose.

Do not open the box. Or I would strenuously encourage you not to do it.

Then why give me the box in the first place?

I let out a groan of frustration as another one of pleasure sounded from the room down the hall.

At least one of us was going to be happy tonight.

What would I even do with this power anyways? Go back in time to what?

I wracked my brain for answer.

When I found it my heart constricted.

It had been so long since I’ve been down that rabbit hole.

Ryan. Ryan Kilbourn.

His name was etched on my brain. I could go back. Back to him before all the…shit happened.

But did I really want that? I wouldn’t have everything I have now. No Sam. No Rico. No Jace…. But I’d have Ryan. I’d have it all back. The way things were supposed to be?

Stop.

I had to stop having these thoughts.

Who was I to mess with time?

But …. There was the box. It was given to me for a reason right?

As the memories of smiles, hot kisses, undetected touches, and the most beautiful blue eyes haunted my brain my hand slide towards the box.

To open it or not to open it, that was the question.

The answer….

Just call me Pandora.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Having to stay withn 500 words i really difficult!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.