Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I tried 500 and I failed!!




Author's Chapter Notes:

This is how Kyle and Jameson met! I'm writing on the go, but I'll edit later!

 

Enjoy!!!!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Why do I get myself into these situations?

Kyle Johnson took a moment to analyze her life and where it all went wrong.

Probably Tuesday; that was definitely doom’s day.

As a woman with standards and schedules Kyle always began her Tuesdays the same. A plain bagel, smeared with plain cream cheese after being toasted for at least 45 seconds and a cup of green tea. Tuesday was the only blessed day when she received her bagel from heaven and ate it with no preoccupation of what others might think or the number constantly rising on the scale.

Unfortunately, this Tuesday decided to go against the well accepted norm that was her life.

Her car refused to start, prompting her to call Langston, who is always dead to the world until about noon when his body finally recovers from the night’s “freakscapades”. Of course, he didn’t answer until the fourteenth time she called. It took him an hour to reach her from his apartment that was only 15 minutes away, more than likely he’d been enraptured by whoever entertained his bed spread the night before.

Finally at nearly 8 AM, she was on her way to work, effectively missing her breakfast and the mandatory 7:30 meeting, which usually consisted of her boss wailing about nonsense until her mistress arrived at 8:10.

Wednesday was no better.

Thursday was even worse.

And Friday—at two in the morning—her car decides to bring in the weekend with a bang.

Literally, a BANG.

“Langston I think the engines shot!” She cried, her life crumbling around her dramatically as smoke seeped from the hood of her car, “I don’t know there’s smoke and shit everywhere! I forgot my charger and—”

Did he just hang up on me?  

Nooooo he couldn’t’ve.

Her eyes wandered to the blank screen in front of her as her fingers rapidly pressed the power button over and over.

It’s not dead. Her frown deepened marring her chocolate features.  

This jackass hung up on me. She’d liked him too. Hated to see him go, but some things were intolerable.

I’m going to kill him, slowly, without pause—oh wait! There’s no service.

Sibling loss averted, she let out a deep sigh before climbing out of her less than trustworthy Civic. Heels off, she began the two mile trek to the familiar 24 convenient gas station.

Convenience my ass. It would be convenient if it was mobile. I’m too big for late night treks. I’m not nimble like those white girls in movies. One hint of danger and whether I run or not is irrelevant—I’m gone die. Or at least be some animals late night snack.

With a giggle she continued over the rocky pavement of the road. Snack, more like four course meal.

 

Two miles later all smiles were gone. The gas station was nowhere in sight. She began wondering if it burned down in the wildfires.

With watery eyes she continued putting one foot in front of the other, hoping for some reprieve. However unsafe, she prayed for some generous passerby to notice her distress.

“Lord I’ll start getting low fat bagels on Tuesdays and stop ignoring my boss’ adultery, just please let someone see me! Well unless there’s a murderer, rapist, or republican driving down the road—they can just pass me by.”

As if on cue, a large truck came her way. Lord Jesus!

Grinning she began waving erratically only for the vehicle to speed right past her frame.

With a shocked gasp, she followed the vehicle with her eyes.

Is that a confederate flag with Romney 2012 on it?!  Well at least I know He heard me.

With one more sigh she continued walking. How far away could this place be?

 

Too damn far. She concluded one mile and her entire bottle of water later. Now all she had was her RiRi Woo lipstick and her wallet. If push came to shove she would be forced to camp out and considering her subpar survival skills, she would just have to eat the lipstick. Rihanna would understand.

Despite being sure she was on the interstate, Kyle began to second guess herself—wondering if she was lost. The area coming up didn’t look familiar at all.

She veered left, right?? Or did she veer right.

I pray I veered left.

Doubt began to cloud her emotions. It was nearly 4 in the morning and she just had more exercise in the past hour than she’d been able to get in the past month.

Dear God, I think I veered right.

Where did right lead?

Not home, that’s for sure.

Faced with the obstacle of heading back, her resolve broke and the tears that had been kept at bay spilled forth like waterfalls on her round cheeks. She about faced in a weepy mess, heading back to her less than stellar vehicle—her mechanic was going to get one helluva call from her if she ever made it home.

Home. Pillows. Blankets. A/C. Attractive men on television. My vibrator. I just want to be home.

With a swallowed sob, she continued her walk of shame.

Lost in her own world of despair she didn’t notice the black Audi pull up behind her. Didn’t see the door of the luxury vehicle fl open the slam shut as the lanky figure unfurled from the inside, but she did hear the incessant—

“Ma’am! Ma’am! Ma’am!” The rumbled forth in a sweet, but deep voice that surprised her.

Men still called women ma’am?  Men?!! Men! 

A PERSON! She could’ve yelped for joy at that moment, but instead she turned around, wiping tears from her cheeks.

“Are you alright?” Her voice caught in her throat at the incredibly tall white man that stood not 30 feet from her. Compared to her average 5’6 height, he was a giant. A skinny, shaggy haired giant. With a very nice facial structure and a mouth made for feeding.

“I—I’m fine.” She got out as the concern on his face grew. She sounded horrible and probably looked worse, “My car broke down a few miles from here and I’ve been walking looking for a gas station.” She explained sheepishly. There was no gas station, the pitiful look her gave her belied that fact.

“Let me give you a lift and we’ll call a tow truck.” He sounded sincere. Almost too good to be true, but she wasn’t afraid. Something about him made her follow his lead to the Audi, allowed him to open her door, and made her smile when he climbed in next to her. She melted into the soft fabric of the seats as he shifted into drive.

“I’m Jameson King—” Hazel eyes roamed to her form waiting for a response, but his passenger was asleep. Her tiny fingers clutched the seatbelt holder adorably.

She’d passed out before she could even buckle up.

Smiling at the beauty with tear streaked cheeks, Jameson set upon the winding road, determined to know more about this unfortunate situation that fell upon such a gorgeous woman.  






Chapter End Notes:

Thank you!!!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.