Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Edano and Marisol

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



*********** ********************* ******************* 



Chapter 1
"Why? Why? Why didn't I just call a cab rather than walking around in the dark like I have no sense?" Marisol Deluna kept muttering to herself as she quickly walked down the narrow streets. She cringed with each click-clack of her heels on the pavement which seemed to make the nearly deserted streets seem that much more unsettling. She clutched her purse and her black leather coat closer to her body as she surveyed her surroundings. 
This is what I get for acting without thinking. I should have never gone on that blind date. I knew better. 
Marisol couldn't help but think as she thought about her date from hell. 
"I can do better than some Neanderthal who thought he could simply buy my affections with a few trinkets and some half-assed compliments." 
Marisol kept walking while she was thinking and occasionally muttering under her breath when suddenly she noticed the strange mist around her that was becoming more and more dense as it rose higher. Then she heard the unmistakable sound of growling. 
"Oh shhh-," she cut off her curse and froze momentarily. 
Just keep walking. Take bigger steps. Don' t show fear. Don' t show fear. 
That was the mantra that she kept silently repeating as she tried to slow her breathing as to not give away her fear. At least she hoped that would work. Marisol took a few more steps before she decided to take a chance and look behind her. That was a serious mistake because the moment she laid eyes upon what was clearly following her, Marisol's heart almost stopped and she couldn't bear to turn back around. Instead she began to walk backwards for a few seconds as her heart resumed activity to a faltering beat. The longer Marisol stared at the pack of animals the more they resembled white wolves, very tall white wolves. The wolves reached the shoulders of her five-foot three frame yet it was the glowing violet eyes that was the most daunting aspect of the wolves. 
OMG. I have got to be having a nightmare. Yes. Yes. I am lying at home having a really strange nightmare after having a scary movie fest. I will awaken anytime now. 
Yet she knew it wasn't so as she began to lose the fight for bravery she decided to try to get into one of the buildings hoping at least one was still open. Slowly, Marisol attempted to move towards what she hoped was an all-night cafe three stores down to her right but as she attempted to do so, she heard more growling. Next Marisol attempted to cross the street to a local candle shop but the wolves growled more and then she swallowed hard as she saw another pack of wolves come from an alley across the street near the candle store. Marisol knew if she ran they would descend upon her in no time 
Goddamn it. What can I do? I am not going out like this. 
Marisol chewed on the corner of her lip as she tried to think about what she could do. Then she thought about the perfume she could spray in their eyes. But she would have to get too close and she would probably only get one. As stealthily as possible she tried to feel around her purse for anything she could use to protect herself. 
Oh! She mentally exclaimed. I can call animal control and just report them as dogs. 
Marisol was so excited that she didn't' t notice the rhythmic flickering of the glowing violet eyes of all the wolves. Just as she was dialing the last digit Marisol screamed as one of the wolves leapt close enough to her to knock her phone from her hand. She flung out her arms to try to regain her balance and hold onto her purse as she literally spun on her heels as the wolf's body knocked the phone from her grasp. 
Don't go down. 
She repeated to herself as she sacrificed a heel for balance. Now possessing only one shoe and desperation she quickly reached into her purse and attempted to spray the surprisingly smart beasts but once again another wolf lunged towards her impromptu weapon of choice. Marisol let loose another frightened scream and she spun around as she noticed all the wolves begin to close in on her. Marisol's eyes darted around her and she noticed how strange it was that the mist was almost opaque now but at least three feet above her head and encircling the wolves as they tried to circle her. 
"I am not going to run from you. I'm hip to your games." 
If anyone heard me now they would surely think I have lost my mind. 
Marisol resumed walking backwards trying to keep her eyes on the wolves. She knew she could not outrun the wolves without a clear destination. However, the choice was taken from her as the wolves quickened their pace and let out piercing howls one right after the other, Marisol's stomach clenched and her throat went dry but she kept moving backwards as she attempted to surreptitiously wind the strap on her purse. She was going to go down swinging. 
Suddenly, one by one the wolves began to leap towards her. Screaming Marisol began to swing her purse wildly. One wolf came behind Marisol as two more leaped at her from her left and then from her right simultaneously. Once more she spun around just in time to see an unbelievable sight before her just as she fell forward into what can only be described as an upright whirlpool.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.