Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the second half of the previous chapter. Enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sunday:

Kat:

I arrive at a crowded St. Joseph's Catholic Church 15 minutes before mass starts. I'm dressed in a green ankle length Maxi dress with flat sandals and a dainty cream colored sweater. I straightened my hair and parted it in the middle letting it fall to my midback.

I'm in the vestibule anointing myself with holy water when a strong arm wraps around my waist from behind.

"Hi kitten." Chase places a soft kiss on my cheek. I turn and grin at him elated that he came.

"You came!" I shriek.

"Yep." He grins. Jesus Christ on a fucking pony! These James brothers clean up real fucking nice. His style is preppy trendy so different than his usual casual relaxed look. His navy blue slacks paired with a white cuffed short sleeve dress shirt and white belt fit him to a T. The shirt is borderline indecent for church showing off his well sculpted chest. The entire outfit is fitted to his body, showcasing his strong legs, flat abs, and round firm ass. He looks like a fucking GQ model.

"Well, you clean up real nice, Chase."

He smirks." Thank you Kitten. You look beautiful as always." I smile at him as he offers me his arm.

As we were searching for a seat, I notice the women appreciating Chase. They are giving him these "fuck me now please" looks while I receive death stares.

We find a pew with enough space to accomodate both of us near the center aisle. Chase lets me in first and sits next to me hanging his arm behind me on the wooden bench.

I lean in close to Chase." Your Hot ass is going to get me killed and your ass raped before we get outta here." I whisper. I guess that took him by surprise because he laughs loudly gaining the attention from the people around us. The looks quiet him down quickly.

I look back to see the priest and alter servers lining up. Chase squeezes my shoulder and bends down to whisper to me.

"Hey Kitten, I'm sorry about Chris. That fucking sucks balls." I rest my head on his chest as he hugs me.

"Yeah. It fucking does." I sigh.

 

Church relaxes me. Most of the time I really don't pay attention. I stand up, sit down, and recite prayers that have become automatic from being drilled in my unconsciousness since I was born. It's a time of quiet reflection and meditation, I leave feeling refreshed and cleansed ready for life again. But today, I pay attention to the homily when the priest speaks and it validates inviting Chase.

The priest begins," Ending a relationship by letting go of a friendship maybe a neccessary measure in your life. It does not mean that you should stop caring about that person, it does not mean you should be unkind to that person, it does not mean you should never speak to that person again."

I'm so excited. I put my hand on Chase's thigh, I lightly squeeze it and rub it as I continue to listen.

"Whether it is a friendship or a romantic interest, it maybe a relationship in which both parties have grown apart, interests have changed therefore the relationship is no longer beneficial to either person. Needs are not going to be met which will lead to anger and resentment. It is okay to let go of this relationship." I squeeze Chase's thigh again because the priest is so right. Chase halts my hand from stroking his leg and removes it placing it in my lap.

I give him a confused look.

He bows his head to my ear." You can't do that to me woman." He whispers.

"What?" I mouth. Then I notice the bulge in his pants that was not there when we first sat down. I slap a hand over my mouth in surprise at first but then it helps hold in my laughter.

He smirks before he reclines his head back and takes a few deep breaths.

Once his erection goes down, he situates his arm across the back of the bench again.

Father John continues,"For example, if your friend is no longer interested in going to Thursday evening bible study and believes it is more important to play Thursday night baseball, then his values have changed. It is okay to let go of a relationship in which you do not share the same values anymore. It is a difficult decision especially if it has been a long term relationship. These unshared values will only develop into bitterness and animosity towards each other. Have the insight to know when to let go, the courage to actually let go and allow yourself to grow in your Christian faith. AMEN." He concludes.

 

Chase throws a lazy arm around my shoulders as we make our way to the exit. I smile and greet some people as I seek out my parents. I can't find them, there's too many people.

Once outside, I ask Chase. "What did you think?"

"It was good Kitten. Thanks." He walks me to my car.

"Thanks for coming." I hug him and give him my parents address.

"See you soon, handsome." He gives me a bad boy smile and winks. God Damn! He is a god looking man. That gets me thinking about Chris' gorgeous ass and how much I'm anticipating missing him these next 6 months.

 

Sunday lunch:

Kat:

Chase is already parked in my parents driveway waiting for me in his black Toyota Tundra.

I'm dragging Chase through the house by his hand when I hear the T.V. on in the living room and take Chase with me to see what's going on in there. I smile when I see the newest member of our Sunday family lunch, Josh. He's made himself at home lounging in the gray sectional watching the pre-game show on ESPN.

"Hi Josh." He turns his attention to me.

"Kat. Hey Chase. Where's Chris?"

"We broke up." I say casually.

He looks hell of a shocked. "What the hell happened?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I'll tell you about it later." Knowing I can trust Josh not to tell anyone but not wanting to talk about it right now.

Then he scrunches his eyebrows, looks at me and Chase, and down at our clasped hands. I know what his thinking.

"Fuck you Josh. You know me better than that." His embarrassment turning his cheeks red.

"Sorry Kat."

I smile at him cause I'm not really mad."I'm going to introduce Chase to Carmen."

Chase is unaffected by Josh's assumption and simply says," I'll be back Josh."

"Cool." With that Josh turns his attention back to the talking box.

 

In the kitchen, Michelle and Dee are sitting on the island bar talking to Carmen. Carmen is about 5 feet 7 inches tall, medium build with black shoulder length hair. She looks like Claire Huxtable from the Cosby show. Carmen has been my parents chef since I was a little girl. She is a 60 ish year old woman, originally from Honduras. She has never been married or had any children. Carmen has always been sweet to me and Katherine and we regard her more like a grandmother than an employee. Despite her age, she is strong and healthy and claims she loves coming to work.

Michelle and I love to talk to Carmen because she is always unexpectedly funny and her broken english is so cute. I know Michelle must have asked her something grossly inappropriate by her answer.

"Girls, My chu-cha is dry like de desert. It be act de Dios for river to flow down there again." Carmen says in her Spanglish. Michelle and Dee giggle. 

"It's thru. (True)" She has no idea how amusing she is. I start to giggle too. Michelle and Dee turn around smiling at us.

"Hi Chase." Michelle greets him.

"Hello ladies." He answers in his sexy southern drawl.

I lay an arm around each of my girls shoulders. I give Michelle a quick kiss on the lips and peck Dee on her cheek.

When Carmen finally turns around away from preparing the food, her eyes land on Chase and go wide like saucers.

"Ay, Dios mio. Dios give me a miracle." She grabs the nearest counter with one hand to help her kneel down. Then does the sign of the cross 3 times straight. She stands back up staring at Chase who's giving her a sexy grin.

" The river just start flowing. Ay." Without missing a beat, Chase strides to her, wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her flush to him.

"Well, Carmen, I guess we need to go take care of that. You know what the bible says, what the lord giveth, the lord taketh away. Let's go enjoy it before he decides to taketh away." Carmen starts fanning herself.

The three of us are laughing at Chase's antics.

"Ay Dios. Kat, dis man is muy guapo." She wraps both arms around his waist and looks up at Chase all dreamy eyed.

"Joo are Chris?"

"No, darlin', I'm Chris' handsome brother, Chase." His voice smooth like melting butter as his tongue swipes that plump pink bottom lip.

"Damn." Dee whispers.

"Damn is right." I answer.

"Shit." Michelle says.

"God have mercy, who is that?" Katherine ask from behind us.

Carmen let's go of Chase and puts her hand on the kitchen counter behind her.

"Guapo, joo gonna have to go because my rio jus become an ocean and I havee work to du."

"Ay, Dios mio." Chase releases her with a chuckle. Carmen's eyes shamelessly roam his body from head to toe as he walks away. She waves a hand at her face then her crotch which sets us off in hysterics.

Chase turns to her and in that charming, silky voice says." Maybe later, huh sweetheart?" and winks at Carmen. Carmen loses her grasp on the counter and almost falls but recovers herself quickly.

"That hombre is puro sex." She bites her lower lip and shakes her head still perusing the length of his form, "Mmm. Mmm. Mmm." I have never seen Carmen like this but it's entertaining as fuck.

"Hello. Kitten, who is this beautiful young lady?" Chase is referring to Kayla. I smile at her.

"Hi pumpkin." I give Kayla a soft kiss on the top of her head and rub her shoulders.

"Chase, this is my niece Kayla." I kneel to get to Kayla's eye level.

"Kayla, this is Chase, Chris' brother." She gives us one of her adorable smiles. Chase takes her hand and kisses the back of it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Kayla." He is so sweet just like Chris.

Chris, I think.

"And you've met my sister Katherine at your shop." Katherine extends her hand and Chase shakes it lightly.

"Good to see you again."

"You too."

"Kitten, I'm gonna go join Josh."

"Cool."

"Wait." I grab a tray with chips and homemade salsa and guacamole dip and hand it to Chase.

"Nice."

"I'll bring ya'll some beers too."

"I can come get them." I frown at him.

"No, you don't. If Carmen sees you again you might kill her with all your sexiness," my hands outline the shape of his body in the air, "and we gots to eat lunch first." 

He leaves the kitchen with a chortle.

 

Lunch was awesome. Carmen made beef stew with rice and peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. Absolutely delicious.

There is still tension between my father and me, although he did speak to me today.

Carmen was eyeing Chase like a straving woman all through lunch and Chase was eating it up, flirting with her like crazy. The two of them were insanely funny to watch, it made for probably the most entertaining Sunday lunch we've ever had.

Daddy, Josh, and Chase bonded over watching the Saint's play.

 

It's 6 pm, I'm in the kitchen helping my mom and Carmen pack up food and wash dishes.

"Kat, give dis to Chase, tell him take dis to Chris, bueno?" I smile at her for thinking about Chris.

"Si." I hug her.

 

"Katarina, come see me in my office." My father tells me from the kitchen entrance.

"Yes daddy."

"Mama, do you know where Chase went?"

"Last I saw, he was in the backyard speaking with Katherine."

 

I find Chase in the backyard on the swing set with Kayla on his lap talking to Katherine whose on the swing next to him. That picture warms my heart. I open the sliding door and casually walk to them smiling.

"Hi beautiful girl. You having fun?" Kayla has an exaggerated grin on her face. I stroke her cheek tenderly.

"Chase, don't leave yet. Carmen packed some stuff for you and Chris. I'm going to go speak to my father and be right back."

"Sure Kitten."

Katherine reaches out to clutch my hand."It'll be alright Kat. Just give him some time." She says sympathetically.

"Thanks sis."

 

 

"Daddy." I say solemnly as I take a seat in front of him.

"Katarina, I wanted to talk to you about Christopher."

"Sorry, I didn't tell you about him daddy. I...He..." I take a deep breath and close my eyes trying to regain the tranquility that mass had bestowed on me.

"Daddy, Chris really wants to work for Gulf Engineering. I didn't want him having undue pressure on himself and I didn't want you treating him differently because of who he was to me. So, I decided not to tell ya'll about each other. I don't know if that was right, but I hope you understand where I was coming from." I stare at him awaiting his response.

" I understand." His expression so full of love that I allow myself to believe our relationship will be restored.

He stands up, takes the seat next to me and holds my hand.

"Katarina, I asked Christopher to break up with you. It was my idea." He says remorsefully."I'm sorry, baby girl, but that man deserves this chance. He is too talented for me as the CEO of that company to let him walk away."

I squeeze my father's hand."I know daddy. That's why I told him we couldn't see each other anymore."

"You did the right thing for him."

"I know." I answer sadly.

 

My father smiles genuinely at me." I really like Christopher. He is smart, honest, and honorable. He asked me not to talk to you that he would take care of it. He's made mistakes in his life which only makes him a better man. He reminds me a lot of myself and I just don't want his potential to be wasted."

It makes me happy to know that my father, the hard ass that he is, really likes Chris. I knew he would.

"Thank you for caring, daddy." I hug my father tightly.

"I'm sorry you had to break up with Christopher. I'm going to make it up to you, baby girl."

I think about telling him not to worry about it, but fuck, I might as well get something out of this shitty situation.

"Okay daddy."

 

I help Chase load up his truck with tupperware full of today's meal. Chase leans on the driver's side of his truck, arms and legs crossed. I mimic his stance and position myself next to him while we take in the sea of green grass.

"So, did you have fun?"

"O yeah. you're family is fucking great. I feel bad Chris couldn't be here."

"Me too."

"Kitten." He turns his gaze to me and my brown eyes meet his clear blue ones.

"If you ever need anything, you can always count on me."

"Thanks babe. Thanks for going to church, I hope it helped."

"It did."

"Thanks for coming to share our family lunch. I probably should go buy Carmen a vibrator, now that she has a reason to use it."

Chase chuckles."Come here Kitten." He pulls me in his arms and I go willingly."I'll see you around." He kisses the crown of my head before releasing me.

"Hey Chase."

"Yeah?"

"Tell Chris, I love him." The corners of his mouth go up.

"Sure will, darlin'."

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

I am starting on Chase's story next. Hopefully will have it up by next week. YAY!!! Thank you for reading.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.