Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a short story available from Goodreads featuring Amber Grayson and Kevin Miller. These are the two loves of my life and I hope you enjoy.

 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Amber gritted her teeth as tiny shards of ice whipped across her cheeks. “Oooo…” Her finger trembled on the camera’s shutter button before a gust of frigid air billowed up her skirt with enough force to flap the heavy suede around her legs.

“Goodness!” She should have worn her coat, but that would have alerted Kevin she was sneaking out of the house. Whatever the consequences, one glimpse of her Mustang gleaming under the full moon against the snowy forested backdrop and she knew she needed just a few more pictures.

“Amber!” Kevin’s voice shouted above the sharp whistle of wind through the trees.

Just a few more. “Oooo…shoot!” Her numb fingers refused to hold the camera steady. Instead her index finger began twitching awkwardly up and down.

“Amberrrr!”

She crunched her way to the front of the car, ignoring the escalating shouts booming from the house.

“Get inside! Amm…Berrr!”

“Arghh!” Her foot skated across an icy patch, sending the camera flying. Her rear connected with the frozen ground. “Oww!” It really was too cold to be outside. She got to her knees and searched for her camera.

“Amber…”Kevin was scooping her from the ground before she had the chance to find the gift his mother had given her.
“No, baby…the camera.”

“It’s freezing out here.”

“Your mom gave it to me.” Her teeth chattered and she wasn't sure he’d heard her until he reached the front door and set her down. With a sigh of exasperation, he turned around and disappeared down the graveled walkway, grumbling all sorts of non-Christmasy curses.

She wanted to yell that she’d heard him but was too cold to admonish him this time. She stumbled on her tingling feet and crossed the living room to the fireplace.

The spacious room of redwood walls dotted with black and white photographs, most of which she’d taken during a summer photography class, was draped in deep green garland and red plaid bows laced in gold. In her huddle in front of the large fireplace, she could see the potted cedar trimmed in every conceivable style of ornamentation imaginable. There were a hodge-podge of bows and bells, and twinkling multi-colored lights.

Not her style, but it was homey nonetheless. The warmth of the room and the fire began to reach down to her aching toes.
She stomped her feet trying to maximize the blood flow and caught sight of the gold, glittering star setting on the hearth. “Oh, goodness!” Was there one more thing, he wanted on the overloaded tree?

She laughed through her chattering teeth thinking about his reaction to the tree in her Fort Worth home. He had walked around the imitation white tree decorated with Santa Claus figurines from around the World several times with a look of amused bewilderment. When she’d turned on the white lights set to twinkle in time to the Pachelbel’s Canon, he’d declared her tree too damn fancy.

She laughed.

“What the hell were you doing?” Kevin entered, bringing her laughter to a short stop as he set her camera on the mantle. His large arms enveloped her into a soothing hug.

“I wanted to get a few more pictures to send to my dad and my brother. They are going to be so jealous!”

“Amber…,” He breathed out and drew her against him.

Had she been a shorter woman, she could have rested her head against his chest. But in the heels, even at six two, Kevin was only an inch taller than her. It didn't matter. The slow kisses he placed over her forehead and the feel of his strong hands caressing her back were providing warmth enough. “You gotta get changed before you freeze.”

Though she was still shivering, she would have stayed in his embrace with the melodious sounds of Vanessa Williams singing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” filling the now quiet house forever. She snuggled into the crook of his neck, smelling his minty aftershave and a hint of spiced rum. Her own full sized mojito. “Mmm…Mmm…” Her hands moved over the broad plane of back to settle around his trim waist.

“Come on, you’re wet…and not in the way I like.”

“Nasty!” She teased still breathing in the intoxicating scent and squeezed his firm backside.

“Uh-uh,” He extended his arms, holding her away from him. “You’re not going to be sick when I’m trying to gamble tomorrow. Me and Keith got a system all worked out for the poker tables.”

“Fine.” The ache in her toes overtook any amorous thoughts she was having about Kevin at the moment. “Start downloading my pictures please and move my car back into the garage.” She trudged up the hallway to their bedroom.

Their bedroom. 

It was funny how the rustic bedroom had become theirs over the course of the last year. So much was theirs even though it often felt like they were living separate lives. Two houses, two hours apart. Two demanding careers distancing them for weeks at time. As much as she loved Kevin, the logistics of their relationship was draining.

But he was worth it.

She wriggled out of her damp clothes and headed into the bathroom to immerse herself in a hot bath of vanilla – ginger scented bubbles. A tray of candles glowed on the tub’s ledge, washing the room in a dim flickering of light. He thinks of everything.
He’d given her the best Christmas…ever!

The Miller family gave celebrating the holiday with family and friends a whole new meaning. When she’d arrived on Christmas Eve morning from a short visit with her parents in California, she was amazed to find what seemed like the whole town of Pilot’s Point, Texas on the ranch.

An area near the pond separating Kevin’s and his mother’s home was sectioned off for the celebration complete with barbecue stations, serving hot food, and outdoor tents with live music. There were covered wagons pulling delighted children and adults over the snow covered paths and a wandering chorus singing Christmas carols.

When her hands were too cold to pummel Kevin with another snowball, they continued the celebration inside his home with those who weren't interested in traipsing through the rare North Texas snowfall. The party had lasted into the early morning hours.

And the festivities hadn't ended with the dawning of Christmas day. She had attended a morning concert in the town center with the Miller family and returned to the ranch for more food and more drinking. She’d declined Keith’s Christmas Mary, still off-balance from his Christmas Eve Punch, but joined in the family’s Christmas performances. 

She and Heather choreographed a routine to “Rocking Around the Christmas Tree”. Even though she had toned down most of Heather’s booty shaking additions to the dance, the outcome was two Miller men smiling from ear to ear. Kevin’s mom ended the quirky recital with a beautiful rendition of “Joy to the World”.

“Time for gifts!” Kevin shouted after the last note had sounded and everybody tore into everything with assorted oohs and ahhs.

In her family, each person opened one gift at time. But she happily joined the fray and found herself as giddy as the rest of them and tossed colorful strips of paper into the air.
Best Christmas ever!

Nearly.

“Ugh” There had been that one uncomfortable moment after all the presents were opened and Kevin presented her with the small box. Her heart had stopped as she took it into her hands. Somehow she managed to lift the lid to find…the key. She hoped her open mouthed “Oh” had been taken for what it was…surprise.

She had expected something else.

Not that she didn't love her gift. A fully restored 1965 Mustang with a custom paint-job - metallic Sweetpea purple.

“Oh my goodness!” Kevin spoiled her and she loved it!

Maybe they’d go for a drive before heading out to the airport since the Miller Christmas didn't end on Christmas Day. Tomorrow morning, they were flying to Las Vegas for two days where the youngest ‘K’ sibling, Kayla, was a bartender at Harrah’s Casino.

She didn't have much time.

After toweling off, she covered herself in a short silky robe and took the small red box from its hiding place on her shelf. She tucked Kevin’s private gift into the robe’s pocket.
Oh, the places this man made her man go!

~~~

Kevin carried the lidless box containing the decorative star from the hearth to the sitting room and placed it on an armchair next to the tree. He moved uneasily through the small room, making sure he’d covered everything. The nervous feeling snaking through him was beginning to piss him off and he gulped down the last of Keith’s Christmas Mary.

Before taking the mug back to the kitchen, he surveyed the room set exactly as his sister-in-law had recommended. The sofa had been pulled out into a bed and covered in satin sheets and tons of pillows. A tray of chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne sat on small table. Patchelbel’s Canon was playing softly in the background.

Heather had said this was sexy, but he thought it looked contrived.

He turned up the heat setting for the chimenea and walked toward the kitchen, glancing once more over his shoulder. Why did he have to make a show of the whole thing? He and Amber were meant to be together. The last year had held its challenges with their busy work schedules but they’d managed to make it work and he was finding ways to make her happier all the time.

Her amaretto colored eyes had sparkled against her dark skin at the sight of her car. The kiss she’d given him when she learned he’d been rebuilding the vintage Mustang for eight months had made him momentarily forget they standing in front of his mother. His hands had instinctively wrapped around her waist and then moved without thought on his part to rest on the rounded curve of her ass.

She’d pushed gently away, bringing him back to the present. “You did this for me?”

“Anything, Sweetpea. I’d do anything for you.”

Heather had kicked him then. The look of what he intended to do must have shown on his face and he’d stopped. He’d go through with the sexy version of his plan.

~~~

“I thought we could sleep out here tonight. By the fire.” Kevin stood up from his crouch in front of the chimenea to face her. The full moon’s wintery glow poured through the uncovered windows behind him. The tightly coiled muscles of his arms and legs could clearly be seen in the soft lighting.

Oh my… 

He could care less about standing half-naked in front of an open window and the fact she was ogling him like he was part of a display. His easy grin spread across his broad face, traveling up to his light brown eyes. He raked his hand through the tousled waves of his dark hair that had grown too long in the three weeks since she’d seen him.

“Kev…I have some…”

“What are you wearing under that robe?”

She laughed, absently fingering the box in her pocket while her heart sped up, like the revving of the Mustang’s engine. “I have another…”

He crossed the distance between them in a few steps, pulling her into him before she could finish her sentence. She was quickly losing the desire to talk as he spread kisses over her neck and his hand eased up the robe, heating her damp skin in a slow burn.
She wasn't going to lose her nerve.

“I have another gift.” She shoved the box toward him.

“Ow…” He jerked back at the poke of the box’s corner into his stomach. “Now, Sweetpea?”

“Ohhh….Kev, sorry.” She turned him around and nudged him to the open sofa bed. “Now. Please?”

He tumbled into the bed, pulling her down on top him and tossed the box aside. “I love it.” He lifted his head up to kiss her.

“Kev…” She pinched his thigh hard and pushed off of his chest. “I want you to open it.”

“Alright, Sweetpea,” he chuckled and tossed a bolster pillow to the floor.

The crimson pillow rolled to a table near the chimenea and for the first time she noticed the room. It was …pretty… Were those strawberries?

“So, what do I get if I don’t like it?”

She brought her eyes back to him as he leaned against the sofa back with one arm behind his head and the other extending down to the box resting between his legs. Her eyes lingered for a moment, her breathing accelerating. Kevin often had this effect on her, like she was spinning on tiptoes. She lifted her eyes gaze to meet his. Last night she’d been too drunk to do anything except dream about the heights he could take her. “You’re gonna like it, baby. I promise.”

He plucked the loose ribbon from the small box and lifted the lid. He stared for a moment and she thought she had finally found something he didn't know about.

She was wrong.

“Do you know what these are Sweetpea?” His finger glided over the dangling pink baubles.

“Yes, Kevin.” Knowing what his next question would be, she contemplated letting him dangle for an answer.

“And how do you know that?” Kevin had introduced her to many sexual experiences in the past year and he especially liked being the only one who’d ever done so. He slipped his finger into the middle of the robe’s knot and pulled till it came loose. “Hmm…how do you know?” He slid one side of the robe open, dragging his thumb over the tight point of her nipple.

She moaned softly, “I looked it up online.” He tugged at the other side leaving the robe to hang loosely on either side of her breasts. “Do you know how…how...”

“Yeah…yeah, I do. First, though…”

He knelt over her trapping her legs between his calves and placed the box on the table behind her. She let her fingers trail up and down through the black hairs lightly dusting of his chest and kissed along the groves of his stomach. She’d wanted to do that since she saw him by the window.

“I love my gift.” He bent his head, kissing her while she hooked her thumbs into the waistband of his briefs. He kissed harder, as she worked the shorts down to his knees and her hand immediately grasped his rigid cock.

“Wait…wait.” He snapped his head back and eased out of her hand. “Take that off.” His voice was a gruff pant as he swept the briefs down his legs and bunched a few pillows behind his back.

She slid the robe over her arms, baring herself to him. She felt like she was glowing under his appreciative gaze.

“Climb…on.”

She straddled him, her own breath as shallow as his, and curled her hands over his shoulders. He usually explained what he was going to do, but he said nothing and sucked down on her nipple pulling the point into his warm mouth. “Uh…uh…” Her breath hitched in her chest as his teeth grazed the sensitive area in a small nip. “Ah…ah…” Her fingers tensed.

“Kev…” she forced out. What are you doing? His hand cupped her ass, grinding her against his erection but holding her far enough away so that he didn't penetrate her. What did he want her to do? 
Her hips rotated in tight hard circles against the contours of his stomach. Soft moans flowed from her open mouth and she rolled her hand back, sinking her nails into the muscles of his shoulders.

“It’ll only pinch for a second.”

“Huh?”

A quick snap tore a scream from her mouth.

“Relax…relax.”

Her body tightened around him, clutching him against the shock of the metal clip snapping onto her nipple. “Oooo….Kev….”

“Relax” He lifted her back into position and began equal treatment of her other breast with his mouth and tongue. This time he pushed his fingers into her in a gentle stroke. 

He was right. The quick snap of the nipple clip tugging on her breast had only hurt for a second and then it was just a weighted pressure radiating a hot shock down to the rapid jab of his fingers. She was once again on the verge of exploding.

Snap! Scream! The other clip was firmly in place and Kevin guided her down onto his thick shaft.

She moved along his length in a slow, deliberate motion, getting used to the pull of the weights on her nipples while his cock stretched and filled her trembling body. Her eyes closed and she loosened her grip on his shoulders as he began to thrust into her. A delectable new pressure was pushing her closer to the edge.

“Ahhh!” She shrieked as Kevin tugged on the pink baubles.

“Faster, beautiful.”

She arched backward, grabbing his ankles for balance, and banged down on him. The dangling clips hit her breasts, emitting heated spikes from her nipples up to her head. This is what Kevin did to her - made her uninhibited and wild.

“You look so beautiful like this.”

His fingers circled her clit and her insides twined into a single pinching knot. She was on the brink of breaking apart; her thighs tightened in anticipation of the wave that would overtake her.

“It’ll only pinch for a second.”

“Huh?”

Her body liquefied as Kevin ripped the clips from her breasts. A small pain rippled though the hot pool rushing over his cock. 
“Oh, oh….my…shish…” Her whole body became a writhing bundle of nerves sliding down his thickness.

For a second, everything went gloriously black.

Were things ever going to be mundane with him?

~~~

“Hmmm…”

“Wake up, Sweetpea.” His arms circled around her waist pulling her body into his.

“Is it time to go?” She interlaced her fingers with his and opened her eyes to almost darkness.

“We got to put the star on the tree.”

She groaned.

“It’s a Miller tradition.” He pulled her up into a half-sitting position.

Reluctantly, she opened her eyes. “I just got to put it on the tree and then I can go back to bed?” She scrambled the rest of the way up and took the proffered the box.

“Just open it.”

She tried to get her eyes to focus on the twinkling object. Her mind and body were tired from what had taken place over the last few hours and her hands fumbled with the awkward shape.

“Careful, don’t break it.”

“You do it, then…” she whined, handing the box over to him. She couldn't concentrate on taking the delicate filigrees of gold from their holding.

“You can do it. Just look real close.”

There was something in his voice. Something that made her strain her sleepy eyes on the golden star and notice the extra sparkle in its concave center.

“Kev…oh…” Her fingers slid over the gold band up to the diamond solitaire. “Kev?”

“Will you marry me?” He plucked the ring from its enclosure and slid it onto her finger with a kiss.

“Yes.” She didn't skip a beat nor bat an eyelash. She just kept looking into the dark eyes and easy grin of the man she’d fallen in love with.

They’d figure it out. The living arrangements. His career. Her career. “ I've been waiting all day to say yes to you.”

“I think I've been waiting my whole life, Sweetpea.”

She squealed and fell into the best kiss on the best Christmas of her whole life.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.