Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

*explicit language and scenery* 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


A soft pitter patter echoed in ripples and the soft voice of a woman was heard. The sudden darkness that had once covered his eyes lifted and he opened them to find his beloved sitting on the ground, red all around her. Body bare, her dreads fell down her back until they too met the liquid emanating from her. So red and brilliant, it seemed to scream. Tears slid down her cheeks silently.  

“Xaen,” She slowly turned her head and looked up at him, pain and aguish deep seated in her expression. 

“How much longer shall this go on? How much more will they take until I am nothing left?” Before he could reach her, she began to cry, loud piercing wails that penetrated his very soul. 

***

 

He shot up, sweat soaking his body. He gasped, gripping the furs beneath him. There, in his chest dwelled a pain. He felt his eyes water with tears. Xaen. He began to tremble. He remembered that night. That night they both had lost a part of them. Sitting there, he watched as his wife crumbled into pieces. She had become as dead. Even as he had gently lifted her into his arms and ran a bath. Even as he had tenderly bathed her, she remained still, her expression devoid of any feeling. It had been so many losses. So much pain. So much she wanted to escape. She had grieved…the tears she cried wafted across his nose and he shook with the force of it all these years later. 

He laid back against the furs, the tears that had formed sliding back into his hair. A deep seated anger rose up from his spirit. He stared into nothingness, fists tight. How they had violated her. They had tried to destroy her spirit through her body and mind. But Xaen wouldn’t bow. Even after it had been done over and over again. Still, though broken, she wouldn’t surrender. 

 

***

“Xaen wait!” Hands pushed against him. 

“Get out of my way Gael!” 

“I won’t let you do this!” She struggled against him but he only pulled her closer until she stopped fighting. 

“I can’t lose you Xaen.” A bitter laugh came from her. 

“But the children that have died in my womb are acceptable?” He eyed her incredulously as if she were crazy. 

“What are you saying?”

“You don’t know…what I’ve had to endure. How dare you be so selfish!” He shook her, bringing silence to her. 

“Stop it!” She blinked, tears having wet her cheeks. 

“Do you not think I have felt pain? Do you think I’ve not grieved and cried from the depth of my soul? You’ve forgotten that they were half of me.” At that, she turned her head, biting her lip. 

“If you must condemn me for being selfish then I will allow it. I refuse to lose the last thing I have left. You’re all I have and I will be damned if I let them take you away from me.” At last, she fell into his arms and cried, her small body shaking with tears. 

“Don’t you understand just what you are to me Xaen? You are my sun and my moon. Without you, I cease to exist. If you die, what becomes of me?” She didn’t speak but lifted her hands to grip his shirt. 

“I’ve kept in for your sake. I’ve pushed it away to be strong for you. But,” Gently, he lifted her face and their eyes met. 

“I want to destroy them. One by one until they are exterminated.” Her eyes grew wide. 

“G-Gael…”

“Even so, we are responsible for innocent lives. We cannot act out of emotion. It will get us killed.” She sighed. 

“Gael…I’m…I’m sorry I-” 

“Don’t apologize.”  

“This will be the last child of ours they will have.” 

“I agree.” 

***

 

The murmuring had grown louder and he couldn’t ignore it any longer. 

“Pak.” His partner turned to him. 

“What is the commotion about? Should we not be working?” Pak paled and swallowed thickly. 

“Gael…I think you should come see this.” 

“See what?” 

“X-Xaen…she’s…” At that, he immediately put down his lens. 

“Finish your sentence.” He demanded, looking him dead in the eye. 

“We’ll see soon. They want all of us to gather in the women’s quarters.” Another in his sector said with a shrug. He wasted no time as he briskly walked towards the quarters, a place he was forbidden to go during hours. He couldn’t ignore the feeling that something was not right. His legs carried him to a jog and he turned the corner to find a large crowd. Men and women alike had formed small groups, the chatter deafening. Eyes turned to him. 

“G-Gael…” The tone of voice. Sorrow. Pity. He tightly swallowed and came to the large window facing them. He searched the sea of naked bodies until his eyes settled on one. His heart began to thrash in his chest. It couldn’t be… 

“Xaen…” 

“She’s been selected Gael.” He couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Completely bare, she stood, swaying as if in a daze. He turned stiffly, finding some of the men devouring her. 

“Attention! The selection process has been underway. Listed are the names of the woman chosen to aid in our quest for a healthier society.” The robotic voice began to read the names but only one shook him. Xaen Choi. They stood witness as the director of selection came into the room. He clutched his fists tight as he walked up to Xaen and grabbed her face. 

“You will save so many lives Xaen. Aren’t you happy?” She glared at him and yanked her face back. A hand lowered to grab her breast. 

“You are a most ideal specimen. Do well to take care of your body.” He felt his self control snap and turned on his heel. 

“Gael! Wait! You cannot enter!” Nostrils flared, he came into the room, eyes on only one man. 

“Gael Choi, remove yourself from the selection chamber!” Arms came to restrain him but he fought them. 

“Take your filthy hand off of my wife.” He hissed, anger radiating in his tone. The director sneered, hand having moved not. In spite, he gripped her tighter, forcing her to embed her nails in his wrist. 

“You are one lucky man indeed Gael Choi. Xaen’s body is very susceptible. Her ability to receive and process sperm is quite amazing. She is quite fertile.”  He pushed past the arms and punched him, sending him to the ground. Ripping off his lab coat, he wrapped it around her, covering her.

“I will not allow this. I forbid it.” He barked, rage bubbling up inside. 

“Gael Choi, contain yourself at once.” He glanced down at her. Her eyes were glassy and she stared at nothing in particular, mouth slightly ajar. They’d drugged her. 

“Xaen…we’re going home.” 

“You cannot leave. If you attempt to remove her we will call for security.” 

“Fuck you.” He growled, reaching down to lift her into his arms. 

“Let them go.” The director said, standing up. Blood dripped down his chin. Without another minute spared, he crossed through the doors and headed towards the exit. 

***

 

 

They had allowed him to leave that day but the next day, it seemed things had gotten worse. That day he had allowed his emotion to slip through a second time. 

 

***

 

 

It was quiet in the sector, only the occasional scrape of tools heard. He carefully put his latest project into a syringe before he paused to take some notes. He felt a sudden presence beside him. 

“Choi.” He paid the man little attention and kept writing. 

“Choi.” Nothing. 

“Answer me this for I am curious to know…what does she sound like when she comes?” That brought his pen to stop. Slowly, he brought his gaze to the man, one he couldn’t say he was familiar with. 

“What concern is it of yours?” He replied, voice flat. 

“None really. But, I’m so curious to know. I wonder does she sob or beg…Perhaps both….” He felt his chest grow tight. 

“I would encourage you to return to your sector. I have no time for foolishness.” He began to write again. 

“She has such a nice ass.” The man’s voice grew low until only he could hear the next statement, 

“I’d fuck her until she cried.” The pen slipped out of his head and instead he grabbed the work he’d sacrificed hours of his life for. He shoved the man against the wall, the needle a split second from his skin. He grew still. 

“Allow me to tell you about my newest project, a paralysis serum. I’ve spent many hours working on it but I believe it will be the most effective one to date. It’s quite simple really. It is to be injected directly into the bloodstream. Within two to five minutes, it will take effect. Loss of limb usage and nerve sensation will occur almost immediately. Since you are so curious and eager, perhaps you would be willing to try it.” The man paled, sweat starting to bead up on his forehead. 

“No… No I was not serious Gael! I was just messing around.” He smoothly inserted the needle into the man’s skin, so effortlessly that he didn’t feel a thing. 

“If you will, also allow me to be frank.” He leaned forward to press his lips against the man’s ear. 

“On the subject of my wife, I would advise you never to bring it or her up again. If by chance it does occur again, paralysis will be the least of your problems. I would have you disposed of before morning and no one would ever find or piece you back together again.” The man gripped his shoulders. Removing the needle, he pulled back from him. Placing the syringe back on the table, he picked up his pen and began to write as if nothing had ever happened. 

 

***

 

Little did that bastard know, she was so beautiful when ecstasy consumed her. His wife was very much aware of the power she held between her thighs. It was dangerous and the death that existed there was one he would willingly submit to. She had the ability to move the very earth with just a smile, the stars and the sea with her laughter. It was he that needed her. It was he who begged her. Time and time again, over and over he pleaded with her to drift even deeper within her. Such a privilege it was and it was one he didn’t take for granted. He sighed heavily, the familiar ache rising in his groin. When it came to Xaen…he couldn’t help himself. She always had been a touchy subject for him. Anyone who disrespected her or put her in harm’s way would live to regret it. Even still… even now… he would protect her. There had been a time when he could do nothing. The powerlessness making him bitter. He was no longer without power. This time, he would use it to the fullest. 













Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.