Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  “Tell us why you’re here.” Those were the first words I’d heard after I entered the life I called hell. I shook, tears fell from my eyes and this time, they weren’t full of joy. It was a while before I could fully speak. I had remained silent for the first few years, releasing my language through touch and expression. The other women folk called me strange, diseased. That rhetoric fueled the vivid memories that haunted my dreams at night. 

    “Why did you of all women get sent here? You don’t look like you could hurt a fly.” I suppose during my time there, one of the jail yard bullies decided to get big and step up to me. She looked mean, angry and like she had lived a hard violent life. I couldn’t judge her though… I didn’t know her story. 

    “All you need to know is that I’m here the same as you.” She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. 

    “Are you getting fresh with me?” 

    “I don’t have time to waste my speech on you.” I turned to leave and found myself being shoved. So, she wanted to pick a fight. Of course I was still the underdog and she wanted to test what I was made of. 

    “You want to know why I’m here?” I turned to face her, my eyes hard as steel.     “Txeis put me here after they murdered my husband. They sent my son to ash, evaporated into a black hole. And as if that wasn’t enough punishment, they sent me here on a life sentence. So… did I kill someone? No. Did I steal? No. Am I big and bad as you are? I doubt it.” Whatever I had said had connected with her because she had dropped the fist I assume meant for my face. 

    “I-I had a girl. Txeis took her away from me.” Ah, so we were both mothers. So then, how could a mother hit another? We both understood the evil that was Txeis. She looked into my eyes. 

    “You’re all right. I won’t say anything to get your hopes up but know that you’re cool with me.” And then she left. I suppose all this time, you are wondering why I came here. What is my story. Why my family was taken from me. What is Txeis. Well, now that I have transferred my language to paper, I will tell you. But first let me say… I am a woman brought to the edge with rage. I am teetering on the cliff and there isn’t much time left in it for me. 

 

 

*** 

 

    I remember my old life. I was young, foolish and in love. But that isn’t how it started. Of course now I’m speaking about my husband. At first, I hated him. And he hated me. 

 

“Xaen, meet your fiancé.” A five-year-old Xaen scrunched up her nose and pursed her lips snottily. Into her room came a little boy, his eyes to the ground. She was annoyed that he wouldn’t look at her. What was his problem? 

“This is Gael. Say hello Xaen.” 

“No Mama, I don’t like him. He’s weird.” Her mother tsked. 

“How do you know this when you haven’t even said two words to him?” Finally he lifted his shy gaze and his dark brown eyes shocked her. Even as a little kid, his gaze was intense and she couldn’t look away. 

“I think you’re pretty.” 

*** 

 

As we aged and grew to pre teenagers, our once innocence grew to distain and disregard for each other. He hated that he was promised to a girl without his consent and I hated him for the same reason. We were spoken for each other and we didn’t even know what that meant yet. But one day, he changed. He grew taller, his arms grew bulkier and his voice deepened. And I did not understand the change was happening to me as well. 

 

*** 

 

    “Time’s up Xaen. Enough journal writing for today. Go on back to your cell.” Putting down the pen and keeping the recounted memory in my head, I got up and allowed the guard to put the cuff on my hands, the bright blaze of the light burned my hands but then I guess it was supposed to secure that I couldn’t break away. 

    “You’re a sweet heart. I don’t know why the head jailer hasn’t let you receive credit for your goodwill.” If you knew what lingered in my mind, it would not be goodwill. I nodded silently as she led me back to my cell. But that was just the way things were to be. Until I got out of here. Oh yes, I was planning to escape and when I did, I’d go for the man who ordered it all. Why he couldn’t have left me and mine alone I don’t know. But it was too late for forgiveness and peace. I wouldn’t stop until I had bloodshed and murder. I had nothing else to live for. 

 

***

 

    “She thinks you are dead. How can you even think of blowing your cover?” A man, his eyes dark and dangerous found the younger’s. 

    “I want my fucking wife. Nothing will stop me. Even death.” His tone was angry, hard, cold and as emotionless as a cyborg. But then again, he felt as such. All feeling might as well been replaced with dark hatred and the taste for revenge. 

    “Listen… it’s been years. You should move on and find another wife. She has a life sentence. She will never be released.” That statement landed the younger against the wall with a large strong hand around his throat cutting off his air supply. 

    “I don’t think you understand.” 

    “Faie let him go.” His brother and his friend, Avery Orayta entered the room, a stern look on his face. He let the kid go. 

    “Aver-” 

    “Save it. I don’t want to hear it. Let’s focus on how we will intercede Txeis’ headquarters and get our wives and sisters from captivity.” Ah, yes. That damned company had taken Avery’s wife Tyvni. He had become a shell of a man, empty without his wife’s love, touch and presence. Same as him.  He tightened his jaw and curtly nodded. Funny that the world was so advanced but was falling apart. Hell, it was damned. This was the only hell he knew and he might as well burn in the flames to get what he wanted most back. He had nothing else to live for. Everything was taken from him. If he was going to go out, why not bring a few of those corrupt sons of bitches with him? Couldn’t hurt. 

 

    “Ok. Men, gather round.” The dim light grew darker as bodies gathered around the small table. This was it. The night the oppressed took their rightful stand. Tonight was it. 








Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? :) <3 I am going to make a poster ^_^ 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.