Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi everyone.  Sorry this is late.  Very busy, been ill and the chapter I'm writing is hard, at least for me. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


~*~*~

Salina called Storm but was disappointed when she got his voicemail. She left him a message wishing him and his family a happy new year. She also finally decided to speak with Mitch. 

"Hello?" Mitch answered the unfamiliar number. 

"Hi," Salina replied then sneezed. "I'm sorry," she apologized. 

"Sal? Is that you?" Mitch asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do this." 

"Do what? How are you?" he asked trying to keep her on the line. 

"I'm...I'm sorry to call you out of the blue like this but can we talk?" 

"Yes! When? Where? Do you want me to come by your place or do you want us to meet somewhere?" 

"I don't think so. I think this cold is kicking my ass." 

"Do you want me to get you anything?" 

"No, I'm going to rest. I'll call you again when I'm feeling better."

"I can come over..."

"No, I don't want you to get ill from me. I'll call. Thanks Mitch. Bye."

 

~*~*~

Storm called Salina but got her voicemail. They had not spoken since she left. It was New Year's Eve and the only person he wanted to see was her. He decided to go see Brad who was hired to cater a New Year's Party. 

"Hi, when are your guests suppose to begin arriving?" Storm asked taking a seat at the bar.

"Shortly. You don't have plans this year?" Brad asked teasingly. 

"Yes, I had plans but they fell through." 

"Good, make a delivery for me. I was going to do it myself but you can instead."

"Must be important if you're willing to do it yourself but I'm not running an errand for one of your lady friends." 

Brad smiled. "Give me a minute," he said before heading off to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he came back with a large bag of food. "Here, tell Salina..." 

"Salina?" Storm said perking up immediately.  "You spoke with her? I've been trying to reach her for the last few days. Where is she?" 

"She's ill..."

"What? When? How? What's wrong? Where is she Brad?" Storm demanded impatiently. 

"If you would let me finish, you'd find out." Storm clenched his teeth. "She missed your call because she has been sleeping for the last two days at least. This is the first time she's having anything to eat since then. I only found out when she called not too long ago to place the order. Now listen carefully. Tell her there are four containers of soup and dinner for tonight. I'll come see her tomorrow. Make sure the soup is cold before you put it in the refrigerator or else it'll spoil then she won't have anything else to eat. Oh and remind her we're having dinner next week." 

"You made dinner plans with her?" 

"Yes, now go before she falls asleep again." Storm picked up the bag, "Storm," he turned to look at Brad, "Happy New Year." 

"Same to you and thank you." 

Both men smiled. 

 

~*~*~

Salina stood under the shower as the warm water flowed over her. She was so weak from the cold that she hadn't had the energy to leave her apartment to get medicine. She knew that Storm called but she would return the call shortly she thought. This was the first time in almost two days that she had left her bed and she knew she was dehydrated. The warm water seemed to infuse her with some much needed energy. 

Coming out of the shower, she sat on the edge of the tub for a moment and decided that she was still too weak to get the food she had ordered. She would have to call Brad and either cancel the order or ask that it be delivered. Opening the bathroom door, she finally heard the knock at her door. She wondered who it was since she wasn't expecting anyone. 

"Salina! Salina!" Storm called out again before knocking again. 

"Storm?" Salina said more to herself before moving to the door.

Storm heard and answered, "Yes, it's me. Are you okay?" 

She opened the door quickly. "What are you doing here?" she asked very surprised. 

"You really don't look good. Come sit down. Are you okay, really? I should take you to the hospital. Brad said you haven't eaten for two days. Why didn't you call me?" 

"I feel a bit better and I look a lot better too," she tried to laugh but Storm wasn't laughing. She went to the couch and sat. "Did Brad tell you that I was ill?" 

"Yes, I have your soup." 

"Oh God, thank you! Thank you so much Storm. I realized I didn't have the energy to go pick it up. I was just about to call him when I heard you knocking." 

"Again, why didn't you call me Salina?" Storm asked pouring the soup into a bowl and bringing it to her. "He also sent you dinner." 

"He's so sweet. Thank you," she said and tasted the soup.  "Hmmm...this is so good," Salina said, closing her eyes and savouring the rich taste.  Opening her eyes, she looked at Storm, "You don't' have to feed me you know. I am strong enough to feed myself." 

"This is my way of guaranteeing you eat everything," he said holding up another spoon full. 

"Give me a second please," she said suddenly. She went to her bedroom and after a few minutes, returned with a key, which she handed to Storm. "Being this ill made me realize that Dara is the only person who has keys to this apartment." He looked at the key she was handing to him and then to her. "If you don't...I didn't even ask you..." 

Storm quickly took the keys and pulled her into a hug.  "Thank you for trusting me," he said before he kissed her. 

Salina pulled back from him, "I'm ill. You'll catch my cold," she whispered. 

He smiled. "I'll be fine. Come on. I'll warm up your soup and you're having all of it then back to bed with you." 

Salina smiled and followed when he took her hand. 

 

Storm and Salina were lying on the couch with Salina half on top of Storm, both feeling very contented.  Salina was ready to go back to sleep. 

"Are you celebrating the New Year with Ayasha or Iris?" she asked sleepily. 

"No, everyone's staying in tonight."  

"I'm sure you have other plans. You can leave so you're not late," she yawned. 

"Don't worry about my plans. You need to rest." After a few minutes of silence, "How did you want to celebrate the New Year?" 

"Not sure. Earlier this year, my plans were to spend it with June. I still wanted to but I realized I had so much work to catch up on with the internship." Salina paused, "But after meeting you, I wanted to celebrate it with you," she said softly. 

Storm's arms tightened around her. "I couldn't decide if I wanted to take you to Paris or the beach house. Which would you have preferred?" 

She smiled, "I've only been to Paris once, with my Dad but that's when I was a child and I don't remember anything. We were only there for about two days before we went to London. But, I think I would have preferred the beach house." 

Storm smiled again. "I thought as much." 

Salina was almost asleep when Storm asked, "Salina?" 

"Hmmm..." she responded sleepily. 

"How do you feel about me?" 

"I love you..." she replied and snuggled closer to him. 

Storm kissed the top of her head. He had gotten both his Christmas and New Year's wish. 

 

~*~*~

 

Storm answered the door quickly. It was the third day of the New Year and he had spent every night at Salina's. She had gotten much stronger and he was happy being at her place even though he complained about her bed being too small for him. He missed his king size and told her so every night just to annoy her. 

Mitch wasn't surprised that Storm answered the door. A few times, he had called Salina and Storm had answered her phone. 

"Morning," Mitch greeted, "is she up?"

"Morning, no, not as yet. Come in," Storm invited as he grabbed his key., "I didn't have time to make breakfast so text me what you both want; early appointment.  Make sure she eats. Are you guys studying today?"

"If she's up to it. She said she felt much stronger yesterday." 

"Yes, she's better but don't overdo it. Make her rest when she's tried please." 

"I will." 

"Remember to send me the text." 

"Will do. Thanks." 

After Storm left, Mitch when to the kitchen to see what was there. Everything. There was no need to order when he could make breakfast for them both and he proceeded to do so. 

"I hope you're making breakfast for yourself also," Salina said behind Mitch. He turned around and smiled, putting down the spatula.

They hugged for while before Mitch exclaimed, "The eggs!" 

Salina laughed. "Are you making breakfast for yourself also?"

"No, only you." 

"Then I'm not eating alone." 

"Okay for myself also." 

Salina smiled, "So easily?" 

"Yes, anything to get you back." 

Salina looked away. "You may not think so after we speak," she said softly. 

"Let me be the judge of that please." 

"After a few minutes, Mitch put two plates of scrambled eggs, ham, toast and Belgian waffles on the table along with orange juice and coffee for himself. 

"Oh, let me send this text," he said as he took a picture of Salina's plate. 

"Who did you send that to?" 

"You don't need to know." 

Salina's phone rang about a minute later. "Hold on, it's Storm," she said reaching for the phone. "Hello, you left without waking me." 

"I love watching you sleep and you're still ill.  Eat everything on that plate." 

Salina looked at Mitch. "You sent the picture to Storm?"

"Yes, he did and he's sending me a picture of your empty plate or else..." 

"Okay, you don't have to threaten. I'm hungry anyway.  Am I...never mind." 

"What? Ask the question." 

"Am I going to see you tonight?"  I can come to your place since you don't like mine." 

"Yes, you're seeing me tonight and every night. And, I like your place just fine. Only your bed is small for me. I'm tall so I prefer my king to your queen." Salina smiled. "Text me what you want for lunch and dinner." 

"I'll let you know," she said to Storm ending the call then to Mitch, "when did you two exchange numbers? Are you two friends now?" 

"The exchange of numbers happened a few weeks ago. Friends? I wouldn't go that far, more like an understanding." 

"What kind of understanding? Do tell," she requested taking a bit of her eggs. "These are good. You can cook?" 

"Don't sound sooo...surprised. I can survive. What did I do to upset you?" 

Salina swallowed and put down her fork. "You didn't do anything. It's what I did. I lied to you." 

"How so?" 

"My name is not Sally. It's Salina, Salina Carter."

"Why the name change?" 

"I...everything I'm telling you, I'm asking to keep private."

"Okay, you have my word." 

"I turned in a drug dealer and my name was changed because I was a minor at the time and I didn't want to give up my identity permanently."

"Why not? If this person is dangerous..."

"He's dead and I...my father left me an inheritance." 

"Wow, okay but how can your inheritance affect you going into what witness protection?"

"I would have to give it up and I didn't want to do that. I won't tell you how much but I don't have to worry about paying for school and most common bills." 

"You didn't seem to worry about it before but I'm gathering your inheritance is sizeable?" 

"Yes, it is. I can live very comfortably." 

"Is that all?" 

"Pretty much. I didn't mean to lie to you but I had to do it for many reasons."

"So I take it Storm knows about all this?" 

"Yes. His godfather handled my immigration file. I never expected to meet him and for us to get involved."

"What is your relationship with him?

Salina thought for a moment. "I think we're still together.  I still want to be with him." 

"He's spending the nights with you?" 

"Yes, he brings me food and takes care of me." 

"He loves you." 

"How do you know?" 

"We spoke. It was good talking with him." 

"What did you talk about?" 

"You and the details are none of your business. When are we studying today?"

 

~*~*~

 

"How soon before you get here?" Storm asked Salina as he tried to decide which bottle of wine she would prefer with dinner.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm going to shower first." 

"No, shower here. By the time you get here, dinner will be ready." 

"I want to shower first. I've been in the lab all day. I smell like chemicals."

"If you shower now, you'll go to sleep and you won't eat. I'll see you in 20," he said and ended the call. "How soon before everything is ready?" he asked Mario, his chef.

"Very soon Mr. Monsello," replied Mario.

"Storm..."

"Excuse me?" 

"Call me Storm. My girlfriend, Salina, is on her way and she's been in the lab all day and she's also recovering from a very bad cold." 

"Everything will be ready by the time she arrives." Mario hesitated then asked, "If you don't mind me asking, what is she like?" 

Storm stopped and smiled. "I'll let you make that assessment when you meet her." 

About thirty minutes later Salina arrived. "Why did you knock?" Storm asked opening the door.

"Didn't you change the code for the alarm and also I don't have a key," Salina replied smiling. 

"That's right. Sorry, I forgot," he apologized and kissed her softly. 

The kiss soon became heated and Salina pulled away. "We're in the doorway," she whispered against his lips. "What will the neighbors think?" she teased. 

Storm groaned. "Fine! Come in. Dinner's almost ready." 

Storm took her hand and led her to the kitchen. Salina was surprised to see someone else there. "Let me introduce you. Mario, this is my girlfriend Salina. Salina, this is Mario, our chef."

"Our?" Salina asked looking at Storm. "I can cook you know." 

"Yes, our and you're ill. Also, you're going to be very busy with school." 

"That never stopped me from cooking before." Then she turned to Mario, "Hello Mario," she held out her hand, "it's nice to meet you." 

"It's nice to meet you also Ms. Salina,"

"It's Salina or Sal, either name is fine. What's your specialty?"

"Italian and French some Spanish and I dabble in some of the easier Asian meals." 

"Sounds nice.  I can't wait to taste your dishes. What are we having tonight?" she asked excitedly. 

"What wine do you want?" Storm asked. 

"None thanks." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, I don't feel for any." 

"I'll put this on the table," Mario said to them both.

"What would you like to drink Mario?" Salina asked as she placed three dishes on the table.

"Nothing thanks." 

"Are you sure? I don't know much about wines but Storm has a pretty nice collection and if you're not in the mood for that then there's always beer which is in the fridge." 

"Thanks but I'm driving," replied Mario. 

"You're not joining us?" Salina asked.

Just then Mario took notice that she has set the table for three. She was expecting him to join them.

"No, I can't. I have another appointment but thank you." 

"Oh, well next time," said Salina. 

"Yes, thank you Salina. Enjoy." 

"I will. Thank you again.  It look delicious." 

Storm walked Mario to the door. "Well?" 

"She's genuinely kind, it's in her eyes." 

"Yes, she is. Thanks again Mario; see you tomorrow." 

"Yes, tomorrow." 

Storm hugged Salina from behind and kissed her neck. She looked back at him and smiled. "You have another admirer." 

 

~*~*~

 

Storm was looking out the window  of the office. "I don't know where to begin Tae," he said to Dr. Tae Goon. 

"Wherever you feel is right," replied Tae as she sat on the couch.  

"She's afraid of me touching her." He thought for a moment, "NO, that's not it." Storm turned around and ran a hand through his hair, frustrated. "I know she loves me and she knows I love her but she's afraid of us being intimate. I don't know how to make her understand..." 

"Storm, what was the trauma that happened to her?" 

"Her name is Sal..."

"Thank you, Sal..."

"She was badly beaten and abused. She thinks she was raped but she wasn't..."

"Why does she think that and how do you know she wasn't?" 

"She remembered the man who beat her up tearing at her clothes.  I found out about it and then she recently told me..."

"So you knew before she told you?" 

"Yes..."

"Have you two been intimate since she told you about the attack?"

"No we were intimate before I found out and she told me but I've tried twice in the last few weeks but she pulls away. I'm not trying to rush her into sex but I'm afraid...I'm afraid. I don't know...I don't want Salina to be afraid of intimacy because of this."

Tae put down the cup of tea she was sipping. She looked at Storm who was looking at her intently, waiting for her response. "Society wants women to be alluring, sexy. Almost every advertisement is geared towards it. But when a woman is attacked, she is attacked not once but twice in distinct forms. The first, can be broke into two parts. Part one, the physical attack and part two, the emotional.  The second, by society.  Questions such as what was the woman wearing, the place and time of the attack are used to blame the victim, even when the victim is an innocent child.  Once the victim is female, society immediately changes from ‘we want sexy' to ‘it's your fault', with degradation and condemnation. "

"What can I do to help Tae. She did nothing wrong," Storm asked desperately. 

"You're already doing it. Sal see herself how she last remembered her situation before she was rescued; abused, beaten, weak, broken female who couldn't defend herself. She doesn't see herself as the attractive, caring, beautiful woman you see but as damaged and she's terrified of you seeing her as such.  You have to help her see herself how you see her. But it will take time and your concerns are valid. If you can get her into counseling, do it. I'll recommend someone for her; just let me know when you want the recommendation." 

"I only want you..."

"I can't, you're my friend. The person I have in mind is very good. You won't be disappointed."

 

~*~*~

 

Salina came out of the bedroom and as soon as Storm turned and saw her he stopped. 

"No, you're not wearing that. Please change into something else." 

Salina looked down at herself and frowned. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" she asked apprehensively. 

"We're going to dinner at a very nice restaurant, not the movies."  He bent to her ear, "I'm showing you off tonight," he whispered.

"I don't want to..."

"Sweetheart, I want to take my very sexy girlfriend on a date.  We both have not been able to go on a date because something is always coming up.  You got ill, then you had to do all that make up work for your internship, we were both traveling and whatever else that came up.  We both deserve this date.  I want to be seen with my very beautiful girlfriend so please, please go back and change into a sexy dress with strappy heels.  I'll call the restaurant and let them know we're going to be a bit late." He kissed her quickly, "And jewelry also."

Salina returned to the bedroom and sat on the bed. She felt uncomfortable but after a few minutes, got up and went to closet to look through the few dresses she had there. About ten minutes later, she came out of the room nervous and apprehensive.  

Storm looked at her and smiled. "You look gorgeous." 

"Are you sure?" she asked. 

"Am I sure? Come on, let's go. We're going to have an amazing night." He took her hand and let her out the house. 

~*~*~






Chapter End Notes:

I have written the next chapter but it may take me a bit to post it.  I am having some health issues that I must attend to.  I don't know why I'm saying that here; guess I'm just tired of keeping it a secret.  Anyway, I'm still trying to write, it is slow but I'm still trying.

Thanks for your patience and have a good week everyone. :) 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.