Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hello All!

So, as much as I love ff, I think that its about time I start to share my own writing. I've decided to do a series of short stories featuring a host of my own characters about what it means to fall in love. These stories are both reflections and dreams. I hope that you enjoy them, learn about yourselves as these charcters come of age and do the same, and expereince love, come what may.




Author's Chapter Notes:

Story: Tony and Cleo have known one another since they were seven years old. Now they're about to start looking into colleges, and for the first time, may be apart. He woke up one morning, and realized he was in love with this girl. This is how he told her.

Tony Batta

Cleo Davis

rn




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Do you like Sam?"

"What? Tony, no."

"Because, if you like him, I can put in a good word--"

Cleo slaps his shoulder in that delicate way she does everything else, "you play way too much."

Tony smirked at her, "I'm so serious though."

They looked at each other for a while, brown eyes covering each other’s like the familiar pavement on the sidewalk they treaded. He kept smiling. And she couldn't look away from him.

"What," she asked, face fanning into a smile, "why you lookin at me?"

He took the leap, "because you're beautiful."

She tried not to trip, halting in her once comfortable, languid pace, "what?"

He turned to face her, in that confident, cool way he did everything. She watched him, and wanted to ask if he rehearsed this. He wouldn't admit it, but he had, "you are beautiful. It took me forever to see it, but now I do", he tucked her braid behind her ear, "and now you're all I see".

She bowed her head, and he picked her chin right back up, moving in closer to her. "You are beautiful." She couldn't look away now; his eyes held her right in place. "I think I love you, Cleo. And it's scary, because I don't really know how to love anything. But you are too...I don't know", the breath from his laugh fanned her face and she welcomed the warmth, "I woke up one morning, and realized how beautiful you are…how wonderful you are. It was all I thought about. Now I can’t stop thinkin’ about it. I don't know when shit changed, but it did", they laughed; it’s funny when he swears. "And now I can't keep being around you--and just being your friend."

"Tee, I--", now what was she supposed to say? Had she considered them? Why wouldn't she? He's beautiful and has always been a good guy to her. Everything in her head is giving her an excuse for why she should put a stop to this, why the laundry list of consequences is far longer than the one of benefits. But her heart is still, confident, and sure; like him.

So, she'll tell him the truth,

"Tony…I love you too--"

Every muscle in his body relaxes. He’s so real in this moment; his happiness is pure, his smile is genuine, and his trained to be controlled hands fall from her face to her waist, closing the gap between them.

“You love me?” His voice is husky, and his eyes are tying themselves around hers.

“Are you enjoying this?” Her smile is coy; she tries to not fall apart in front of him. She doesn’t really understand why.

From the look of it, neither does he, “not as much as this.”

The kiss is anticipated, even then, she still felt unprepared. Her knees shake and her body immediately reacts in a way she hadn’t understood it could. She braces her hands against his biceps and lets herself smile into his mouth as they kiss. A flush washes over her and they are both eager to explore this new territory of knowing one another. It makes it better that he trusts her, and she him.

She can feel it; his arms hold her together, from falling apart, and kisses her so thoroughly, as if to attach some physicality his declaration. He doesn’t control himself, but he puts in 50% and allows her to fill the other half. He’s showing her how different he’s willing to be with her versus the others, how, this is different. He’s not living this moment like he’s lived it before, but experiencing this anew like she is. They’re a blank canvas, free of all the dirt and debris of his past. They just are.

He can feel it. She’s always so tense, so he knows that this is real by the way she relaxes, and carelessly wraps her arms around his shoulders, giving herself over completely to their first kiss. She trusts him, which tells him a lot about where this will go. This kiss is only Cleo; her softness, her gentle nature, even her promise of keeping him in the way that her body greedily takes up any space left between. This is everything he needs, and more importantly, more uniquely, everything she needs, too.

They break, for a moment, to breath. Both of their hearts a skittish and their chests heave, but they don’t let go of each other. Neither do their eyes, brown still covering brown, overlapping like spent lovers.

He hopes they’ll get there. All he wants is to get closer to her.

She thinks the same.

Neither say a word.

They don't have to.

“I enjoyed that”, she intertwined their fingers, body closing into his. He grinned, leading them to continue down the street, “I had no doubt you would, I mean”, he gestures to himself.

She laughs, slapping his arm, and kissing him again.

And here they go; down familiar pavement, taking new steps forward. This is a journey and a battle that they enter willingly. Because he’s in love with her. And she’s never going to stop loving him.

So is the essence of love in its prime.

Like Cleo and Tony.






Chapter End Notes:

Please Review&Star :) <3







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.