Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


SNAKES

"Alright Duke" Alise chuckled as the two them walked up to the front door and the dog's nose started twitching and his tail wagged "okay boy I know you're hungry"

"You have to be hungry too!" Tammy called from the kitchen "come on in I'll have dinner on the table in just a sec"

Alise unhooked Duke from his harness and immediately made his way to his bowl and water dish as she grabbed a hold of her walking cane. 

Her best friend Tamika Jones or soon to be Mrs. Tamika Tucker had been her housemate for the last three years now.

Alise was certainly going to miss her wild and crazy friend but she was happy for her at the same time. Trent was a good man and Tamika was already gushing about how many kids they were going to have and how she wanted Alise to be the godmother of all of them.

Taking one step at a time though Alise was just happy to be home after a long day's work to find what sort of concoction Tammy made for dinner tonight.

"Okay Tammy what are you planning to poison me with this time?" Alise joked

"Poison?" Tamika laughed "girl stop this is my momma's homemade gumbo that's been in the slow cooker all day; perfect for this chilly November day"

"Well at least it's something I've heard of" Alise said taking off her coat and making her way to the dining room table

"It will hit the spot too," Tamika said setting a bowl in front of Alise and she laughed "Trent will never go hungry with you as his wife"

"My momma always said the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" Tamika chuckled as she got her bowl "that shouldn't be hard for you either and it probably won't be long until you're engaged too"

"Shh" Alise joked as she saw Duke's ears point up; the dog had just finished eating and was making his way to his pillow bed by the front door closet "you know how Duke feels about me getting involved with a man in his mind he thinks that he's my boyfriend"

"I know" Tamika said "I swear you ended you getting a seeing eye dog, watchdog, and guard dog rolled all in one Duke is a sweetheart"

Duke was four years old and was still considered a young dog. He was a gift from her grandparents shortly before they passed away. Alise had always been stubborn and independent with just her walking cane even as a child but her grandparents felt more comfortable if she had a seeing eye dog.

Since Alise had him since he was still technically a puppy he was pretty big for six months old and she got to watch him grow even bigger as he grew into an adult so of course they had a special bound.

Alise knew that Duke loved her just as much as she loved him and that Duke just wanted to protect her; however there were times she wished he could be a carefree dog and not have to worry about her all the time.

So Alise enjoyed the times she'd take Duke to the park so he could run and play and just be a regular dog.

"Besides I'm not really all that interested in getting married or any type of relationship for that matter" Alise said scooping the gumbo up "you know my blindness is a deal breaker so why set myself up for the heartache?"

"Aw come Alise don't be that way"

"Well it's true," she said "it sucks because I didn't ask to be born blind it just happened so I'm sure guys aren't asking for a partially blind woman eating"

"I wonder what your regular Riccardo thinks about that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I do think it's interesting that Duke doesn't growl and bark at him whenever he talks to you like he does any other man" Tamika said "he does visit the shop very often"

"Yes he does" Alise said "with his adorable nephew Tommy"

"That doesn't mean he doesn't have other motives though" Tamika teased, "I want to see you happy Alise"

"I am happy" Alise replied "you know how long it took me to open For Goodness Cakes after my grandparents died"

"Girl you know what kind of happy I'm talking about"

"You're so nasty!" she laughed

"Hey it's scientifically proven having a healthy loving relationship makes people happy"

"Well I'm doing what makes me happy" Alise said

"One of these days somebody is going to make you even more happy" Tamika teased and the two of them finished dinner over laughs and jokes.

 

Being a former hit man for his father Riccardo did have his own collection of guns in his basement. Guns that he never thought he'd have to use again but Alise's life was in danger. Fuck Donatello and fuck Antonio.

Riccardo was honestly starting to see what his mother Valentina meant when she used to say his father was a greedy selfish man. 

There were times when Riccardo wondered why his mother never left his piece of shit father even through all the domestic violence and martial rape.

What ten year old boy has to walk in on his father taking his mother against her own will? That was Riccardo's reality. 

He understood now why Valentina stayed and it was for him and his brothers even though it killed her inside. Riccardo was sure Valentina had been dead inside for years before her body couldn't go on anymore.

Donatello never loved Valentina he just needed a submissive woman he could push over and Riccardo didn't even see a single tear shed from his eyes the day of her funeral. The selfish bastard didn't care about anyone and Antonio was a chip off his old block.

Alise would surely fall victim to Don's selfishness and greed just like his mother if Riccardo didn't act quickly. His oldest brother Emilio would know just what to do.

"Hey Rick" his brother's boyfriend Jeff greeted answering the door and allowing him in "you looking for Emilio?"

"How's it going Jeff" Riccardo asked "is he home? This is important"

"Yeah let me go get him"

While both Riccardo and Antonio favored their mother; firstborn Emilio Cappella was the spitting image of Donatello. Emilio had the same mannerisms, voice, and stride as Don and he just happened to be gay and that's what really rubbed Don the wrong way.

However upon meeting Emilio for the first time nobody would guess that he was gay since he didn't act like the stereotypical effeminate gay man. 

In fact Emilio was just as masculine as his younger brothers and tough; before Don disowned him for coming out the closet he was apart of the mafia as well.

"What's up baby brother?" Emilio greeted warmly patting Riccardo on the shoulder

"Our fucking so called father that's what up" he replied

Emilio sighed "What does the old man want this time? Does someone owe him money again?"

"Alise" was all Riccardo could say

"You mean the young lady that runs the bakery shop?" Emilio said, "what does Pop want with her?"

"He wants her with a bullet in her head" Riccardo said pissed "all because of the property of her shop used to be promised to him"

"Yeah that sounds like Pop alright"

"I don't know what to" Riccardo said, "I just can't...Alise...."

"Hey" Emilio said understandingly "I know you feel about her but you have to hear me out it's going to be alright"

"Not if all my guns are out of bullets" Riccardo said "I've brought any in almost three years now"

"I have some ammo if that's what you're looking for" Emilio replied "but you can't go waving a gun around Pop and Tony just do fast just yet"

"They're threatening to kill the woman I'm just supposed to sit on the side and do nothing?"

"Look you know that Pop and Tony knows how you feel just like I know" Emilio said "and they know you'll act restlessly and quickly which would put Alise in more danger than she is now"

Emilio was right he would have to walk on eggshells to protect Alise but at the same time he knew Don and Antonio would be spontaneous in their plans. In other words he would have to be one step ahead of them.

"We need a plan"

"Now you're thinking baby brother"

 

"Cara could you check on the red velvet cupcake order for me?" Alise asked one of her employees "I want to make sure they're iced once Miss Washington comes to pick them up"

"Right on it Alise"

Thanksgiving was in less than three weeks now and the shop was busy. On top of catering desserts for the local elementary school's Thanksgiving Feast the rest of the town wanted their desserts ready in time for Turkey Day as well.

The smell of sugar, flour, milk, and eggs met the noses of everyone in For Goodness Cakes constantly. Alise was also preparing some appreciation desserts for her own employees to take home for Thanksgiving since they deserved it with the day off.

The shop would also be closed Black Friday and the weekend so they could rest up for the Christmas holiday rush next month as well. Just as Alise was finishing up another order slip for some sweet potato pies with a customer on the phone; she heard Duke growling and barking in the front.

Quickly taking a hold of her walking stick Alise made her way to the front to see what was upsetting him since Duke was usually very friendly with the customers.

"Duke!" she commanded, "alright boy calm down you know better!"

The German Shepherd obeyed his owner but still made a low growling sound under his muzzle at the three men as he went back to his corner by the window. His full attention still on the main man of the group

Antonio glared right back at Duke too that dog was certainly going to be a fucking problem. Alise brushed the remaining flour from her hands on her apron and greeted the men

"I apologize for that he's usually well behaved" she said "may I help you gentlemen with something? Are you here to place an order Thanksgiving is just around the corner"

Antonio studied Alise's face and was a little disgusted when he saw her left blind eye. What the hell did his brother see in this moulie anyway?

Sure she was pretty but that grey blind eye was distracting not as vibrant as her good eye. At least now he could report back to his father which side they need to shoot her at.

"You must be Alise Turner"

"I am"

"You're just the young lady I'd like to speak to" Antonio replied, "do you have a minute to talk business?"

"Sure I'll just have to let my employees know and put my dog in the back so we can talk"

 

"Sell the bakery? Oh I don't know"

"Why not?" Antonio chuckled "I mean it's pretty small don't you want to eventually relocate and expand anyway?"

"Yes I do" Alise replied, "I just don't have the funding right now"

"Think of it this way Miss Turner" Antonio said, "you already have a built clientele and I'm sure they'll follow you wherever you go"

"I suppose so" Alise said "but I don't want to make any quick and drastic choices I'll need to think about it"

"I understand" Antonio said "you have to think of everything when you're running a business"

"Yes" Alise agreed "I would also have to find a landlord who prices property out at a reasonable amount so far Mr. Martin is the only one that's been able to provide that service"

"Is that so?" Antonio said mentally noting that Winston would have to go first

"Yes" Alise "said I still do all of the finances and I have to make sure my employees get paid fairly as well for their hard work"

"Well Miss Turner I'm sure you are very fair" Antonio said "at the same time I'm sure you know what sacrifices mean or else the your bakery wouldn't be as successful as it is now"

Alise nodded she knew he was right but she just didn't know if she could right now.

All the money that she was saving currently was so that she'd have enough by the time Tamika moved out after getting married and their house was sold off.

"I'll think about it" Alise said finally "that's all I can promise right now"

"And that's all we're asking for" Antonio said "and we hope you consider it"

Don was right the bitch was stubborn and wasn't going to give up the bakery looks like they were going to have to take it by force after all. Blood was about to hit the pavement.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.