Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Love conquers all.  Years after her death, John McBain still remembers his love for her, Evangeline Williamson.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

 

One July day, 2018, FBI consultant John McBain, on his way to work hears this song and his thoughts wander:

 

Song – “One More Time” by Richard Marx

 

Nothing I must do

After all of these years


Nowhere I should be

Now in a new city, no obligations


No one in my life
To answer to, but me

Still no one special in my life


No more candlelights
No more purple skies
No one to be near
As my heart slowly dies

My heart died the day that “you” died

If I could hold you one more time
Like in the days when you were mine

When you were mine, you made me feel like I was worth something.  I treated you badly.  You were all I ever wanted but I never told you that I loved you.


I'd look at you
Till I was blind
So you would stay

I wish that I could see you again.  I would say what I feel.  I would tell you that I love you.  I would never grow tired of looking at you.


I'd say a prayer each time you smiled

To see you smile again would light up my day.


Cradle the moments like a child
I'd stop the world if only I
Could hold you one more time
I can’t hold you again because you are gone.  I would really “stop the world” if I could hold you one more time.  I would treasure every moment with you.


I've memorized your face
I know your touch by heart

I remember every touch, every kiss, every time we made love.  Yes, we made love because I know NOW that I really did love you THEN. I love you now.  I never smelled again, “Flowers in Springtime”.

  
Still lost in your embrace
I dream of where you are

I dream of you now. I dream of a life that I could have had with you if I had expressed THEN how I really felt about you.  You were right to leave me when you did because I didn’t know what I wanted THEN and when I did realize my mistake you wouldn’t take me back.  Now you are gone from me forever.

When you went into that coma in 2007, it seemed like time stopped for me. When your sister told me in 2010 that you died, if felt like the bottom fell out of my life.  I always thought that I could not sustain a relationship because of my loss of Caitlin.  That loss did play into my inability to really open up and love again.  I can’t use that excuse any longer because I realize that looking back at all my failed relationships since we parted that “you” made me feel things that I never thought that I would feel again and if ever I were to say “I love you” to anyone it would be to you.  But I failed you even in that.  I said the words to another but deep down in the core of me, I felt them for you.

 

Llanview remains in my past, but my memories of you remain with me always.  On my way to work this morning I stopped for my coffee and remembered one of our conversations about coffee.  You asked me how I took my coffee, “I go all out, cream and sugar”.  Now 8 years after your death I still think about you.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

John arrived at his office building and enters the elevator.  As he arrives at his floor, he stops.  At the adjacent bank of elevators a woman enters the elevator.  He only sees her from the back.  A tall, slender women with below the shoulder length hair and he smells, “Flowers in Springtime”. “Evangeline”, he calls to the women.  He hears her reply, “Yes”, and then the elevator doors close.






Chapter End Notes:

First attempt at writing a story.  Inspired by the YouTube video ‘John and Evangeline One More Time by IamDree at https://youtu.be/5SXPMxLDuXw

 

Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.