Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Margie and Jethro deliver the news to their family and friends.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

 

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

 

 

 

Past, Present and Future another NCIS story

(Revised items in bold and underlined)

(In addition, when talking about Jethro's parents initially only referred to his father.  Updated it to include both of this parents.)

 

Chapter 12      Telling the Family (REVISED)

 

 

Jethro woke up and rolled over to hug Margie but she wasn’t in the bed.  He looked around and didn’t see her and was about to call her name when he heard her in the bathroom. 

 

‘Ugh’, ‘ugh’, ‘ugh’ I could hear her say as she ‘lost’ her dinner. I jumped up and opened the bathroom door and there I saw my sweet Margie leaning over the toilet throwing up. She threw up a couple of times before I made it to the sink to get a washcloth and a cup of mouthwash.  She flushed the toilet after each session.  I didn’t try to talk with her because her mouth was busy trying to expel the contents of her stomach but I did kneel down behind her and rubbed her back.  She tried to turn around to look at me but just as she moved her head towards me she had to jerk it back to make it over the toilet in time.  We two sat there for a few minutes and things seem to subside. We sat there for a few moments more just to make sure that the vomiting had ended.  Once assured of that I handed the cup of mouthwash to her and she swished it in her mouth and spat it out in the toilet.  I flushed the toilet and helped her stand and walked her to the sink.  I wiped her mouth and then she brushed her teeth, rinsed her mouth again and then washed her face.  I hugged her and asked if she was okay.

 

“Other than my stomach feeling like someone punched me I am ‘hunky dory’.  How long does this throwing up last?  I have to ask Miranda.  What I want now is a shower.  Throwing up is hard work.  I’m all sweaty now and I stink, as least I feel like I stink.  Can you get me another night gown because this one had an accident?”

 

“Okay, you get in the shower and I’ll get the night gown. Do you need anything else?”

 

“No, I think that I’m okay now.  You go back to sleep you have to go to work in a few hours.  What time is it?  Oh my, it is 4:30 a.m. go back to sleep.  You can get a few more hours of sleep before you have to get up. I’ll be all right.”

 

“Don’t worry about me you just get in the shower and I’ll be right back.”

 

“Jethro just leave the night gown on the hook on the door and I will get it when I’m finished. Go back to bed please.  I feel bad for waking you so early.”

 

“Margie, stop talking, get in the shower, now.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I went to the bedroom to get Margie another nightgown.  I put the nightgown on the hook on the door then went to make a phone call.  I called off for the day.  I didn’t want to leave Margie home alone today after this morning vomiting session and I planned to have her call her doctor as soon as the doctor’s office opened.  I wanted to make sure that everything was all right with Margie.

 

Margie finished her shower, dressed in the fresh nightgown and returned to bed.  She had taken the soiled nightgown into the shower with her and washed it and left it hanging in the shower.  Once Margie was in bed I told her thatI had called off for the day and that we would call her doctor to make sure that everything is all right with her.  Margie didn’t argue with me.  We both fell asleep.

 

I awoke to smell breakfast cooking downstairs.  Jethro is making pancakes, eggs, and sausage one of my favorite meals usually but this morning, not so much.  I make it to the bathroom just in time.  How long will this last?  It’s 9:00 a.m. and the doctor should be in her office now.  I dial her number and the receptionist puts me on hold after she says, “the doctor will speak with you shortly”.  I grab my robe and go downstairs.  When I make it to the kitchen I rush to the side door and opened it to let in some air and let out the odors from the food.  I tell Jethro that I’m waiting for Miranda to come to the phone.  I put the call on speaker and by that time Miranda is on the line,

 

“Marjorie, are you all right?  I know that you wouldn’t call unless something was happening.”

 

“I don’t know Miranda.  I was up early this morning vomiting my guts out and I just woke up and smelled breakfast cooking I had to throw up again.  How long does this throwing up thing last?”

 

“Marjorie, morning sickness is normal with pregnancy.  It usually stops around 14 weeks so you don’t have much longer to put up with it, although it could last as long as 20 weeks.  You are in good health and all the tests show that the babies are fine so don’t worry so much.  If you notice sensitivity to certain foods or smells just simply avoid those foods.  Also crackers and ginger ale can help.  Any more questions?”

 

“Dr. Stevenson, what can I do to help Marjorie?  I’ve already dumped the breakfast outside so that the smell doesn’t linger so what can I do?”

 

“You’re doing it Mr. Gibbs.  Being attentive to her needs will be a great help.  Her body is going through a tremendous change.  Just stay attentive to her.  Anything else?”

 

“No not at this time.  Thank you for your help Dr. Stevenson.”

 

“You are welcome Mr. Gibbs.  Marjorie is not only my patient but she is also a good friend.  She can call me any time.  I know that this is new to her and she may feel overwhelmed at times, and that’s to be expected, but you both will be all right.  I will go now if you don’t have any more questions. Marjorie I will see you in the office next week just as a precaution to make sure that everything is all right. I will text you with the time and date. I know that you will adjust your schedule to make the appointment. You always do.  Take care you two.  Enjoy the rest of your day.”

 

“Thank you Miranda. I will await your text and of course I will see you at the appointment.”

 

“Thank you again Dr. Stevenson and I too will see you at the appointment.”

 

Margie ended the call and sat in the living room and Jethro came in and sat with her.

 

“Well we know that things are fine.  Throwing up is normal.  Okay I can handle that.  Sorry about breakfast.  Maybe I’ll just have some shredded wheat and a little milk for breakfast.”

 

“Don’t worry about the breakfast, whatever you need is what we will do.  So I will cross off those foods until the morning sickness passes.  I think that I will join you with the shredded wheat. I haven’t had those in a long time.  Come on you need to eat and feed our babies.”

 

“Yes I do need to feed our babies.  And you know what I will add some fruit too.  I’m glad that you will go to the appointment with me.  Thank you.”

 

“Margie you don’t need to thank me.  I will go to as many appointments as I can until you get tired of me and tell me to get out.  Come on let’s eat.”

 

“Jethro we have to call my parents and get them over here to tell the good news.  I want to see their faces.  You go ahead and get the bowls and cereal and fruit. I will call my mom and dad and have them come over after we finish breakfast.  I also need to tell Lydia and you might want to tell your team.  How about dinner tonight?  We can invite everyone over and tell them all at the same time.  I really would like to get it out of the way.  I’ll have Lydia come over after my parents.”

 

“That sounds like a good plan.  Think about what you might want for dinner.  We don’t want you to get sick again. I will call Leon and my team after breakfast.  I’ll have Tobias to come when you meet with Lydia. Come on let’s eat.”

 

They sat and ate breakfast.  Everything settled fine in Margie’s stomach.  They both made their phone calls and everyone agreed to come at the appointed times.  Margie dressed and did some computer work while she waited for her parents to arrive.  They came and sat in the living room.

 

“Mom and Dad I’m so glad that you could come over on such short notice.  I know how busy you two can be even if you are retired.”

 

“Alexis we are never too busy for you.  Now what did you want to tell us?  You’re not sick are you?”

 

“No Mom I’m not sick, I’m healthy and fit.  Jethro and I have some great news we just found out yesterday.  I’m pregnant with twins, a girl and a boy. The babies are fine.”

 

“Wait a minute! Did you just say that you are pregnant?  How can that happen you are in your fifties?”

 

“Mom I’m sure you know about the birds and the bees, you had me.  All joking aside, I know that I am in my fifties but I am also pregnant without a doubt, twelve weeks as a matter of fact.”

 

“Oh my darling baby is having a baby, no having babies.  Oh I am so happy, I am so happy for the two of you.  Thomas our baby is having babies!”

 

“Amanda I heard.  Alexis my darling girl, your father is so happy for you.  You look so happy and that’s all a father could ever wish for his daughter.  I’m going to be a grandpa.  I never thought that it would happen and now look I will have two grandchildren.  I am overwhelmed and you know that it takes a lot to get me emotional.”

 

“I know Dad they didn’t call you the ‘Stone Judge’ for no reason.  You are tough as nails except when it comes to mom and me then you are a marshmallow.  I love you Mom and Dad.”

 

“I love you too Alexis. Your father and I are so happy for you two.  This is a huge undertaking.  Whatever you need from us just let us know.  Thomas we have to set up trust funds for our grandchildren, educational funds and whatever other fund we can think of. Alexis we have to go shopping for clothes and furniture and…”

 

“Mom, mom, slow down we have time.  Jethro and I are just settling into the reality of all of this.  We have other meetings today to tell our friends. Of course we wanted to tell you first.  We’ll go later to Jethro’s parents' burial sites and lay flowers as a way to tell them but we know we only have to say the words and they will hear them from heaven.  Now you two head on out. I know that you have swimming at noon so get to it.  We love you both.”

 

“Jethro you’ve been very quiet in all of this.  How are you son?”

 

“I’m fine, more than fine I am thrilled Thomas and Amanda.  Your daughter always seems to give me things I never thought that I would have again.  First she gives me love and now I will be a father again.  I can’t tell you what that means to me.  I love your daughter beyond measure and I thank you sincerely for her.”

 

“Yes, she is something else our little Alexis.  Everyone else might call her Margie but she will always be our Alexis.  A name of strength ‘protector of mankind’. That’s our girl.  All right we will leave you two but we expect regular updates.  If you need anything, I mean anything; do not hesitate to contact us.  We love you both.  Take care of each and take care of my grandchildren.”

 

“All right Amanda, let Alexis go you’re cutting off her breath.  Leave these two love birds alone.”

 

“What do you mean Thomas, love birds? We’re still love birds ourselves aren’t we dear?”

 

“Yes we are but you and I will leave them here and we will go to our own ‘nest’.”

 

“All right Thomas I’m ready.  Goodbye you two. Talk with you later.”

 

“Goodbye Mom and Dad thanks for coming.”

 

Amanda and Thomas McGregor are two excited soon to be grandparents. They left their daughter and son-in-law’s home with smiles on their faces and joy in their hearts. This was such exciting news. They will be there for these two in whatever way they needed them.  Amanda and Thomas were so glad that they kept themselves in good physical and mental shape.  They would be around to enjoy their grandchildren for many years to come.

 

“Well that went well don’t you think Jethro?”

 

“Yes it did. Your parents were very happy. I’m glad that we decided to go and leave flowers at my parents’ graves as a way of telling them.  Were they here they would be so excited.”

 

“I’m sure that they would.  Okay we have a little while before Lydia and Tobias arrive.  I think that I will get a snack, maybe a piece of fruit.  Do you want anything?

 

“No, I’m good. Is your stomach bothering you?”

 

“No, just hungry which is strange for me but I will go with the flow.”

 

A half an hour later, Lydia and Tobias arrive.  We all settle into the living room and this time Jethro delivers the news.

 

“Thanks for coming over on such short notice but we have some news to share with you our friends.  Margie and I are pregnant with twins.”

 

“We understand how Margie could get pregnant but how did you get pregnant Jethro?” both Lydia and Tobias joked.

 

“All kidding aside that is fantastic news.  How, I don’t mean how, how but you are over fifty so how are you pregnant?”

 

“The same way anybody gets pregnant Tobias.  I’m in great health and the doctor doesn’t foresee any problems with me carrying this pregnancy to term.”

 

Lydia jumped up and hugged Marjorie and Tobias shook hands with Jethro.

 

“Congratulations you two!  You will make great parents. You’re having twins.  Wow! When you do something you do it big.  Whatever help you need you know that you can depend on me.  I don’t know about Tobias but I still remember raising my kids and now with my grandchildren I get to experience child rearing again but this time I can send them home when I get tired of them.”

 

“Thanks Lydia I knew that I could depend on you.  So what do you have to offer Tobias?”

 

“Not much. I can get drunk with Jethro when he can’t cope.  It’s a good thing he already has gray hair because he would surely get them now having children at his age and twins to boot.”

 

“Leave it to you Tobias to bring up the age thing.  Nobody else did.  Margie and I know all too well how old we are but we are both in good health and mind and we will soon have two precious babies to care for.  We are thankful to have the support of family and friends.  We can include you in that number can’t we Tobias.”

 

“Jethro and Marjorie I’m just kidding.  Of course you can count on me.  Uncle Tobias has a nice ring to it.  I’ve never been an uncle before.”

 

“Jethro I don’t know what you think of having Tobias being called uncle by our children. He is a bit of a shady character after all.  We’ll think about it Tobias.”

 

“You wound me Marjorie, you wound me.  I am not a shady character, well not most of the time.  Congratulations you two!  I really mean it. Whatever I can do to help count me in. Jethro you can depend on me to help assemble the cribs.  Oh wait! Knowing Jethro as I do he will probably build them himself down in his workshop.”

 

“Okay before you two macho men start squaring off you now have to leave because we have things to do.  Can you two come back tonight for dinner?  We invited Jethro’s team over to tell them the news and we have things to do before then.”

 

“What time do you want me to return Margie?  I can’t speak for Tobias but I will rearrange my schedule if I have to.”

 

“Seven o’clock. We will provide dinner you just need show up and provide support of course.”

 

“I will be there too Marjorie.  I’ll leave now so that you two can get things ready for your night. Congratulations again.”

 

“Thanks Tobias and I say that for Jethro and me.”

 

Lydia and Tobias left and went their separate ways.

 

“Margie what do we have to do before dinner that Lydia and Tobias had to leave? I’ve already placed the dinner order and we already have drinks in the house. What else do we have to do?”

 

“I don’t know what is happening to me but I will not question it but right now at this exact moment I need to s***w you, f*** you, make love to you, all three.  If Lydia and Tobias had stayed any longer they would have seen something that they didn’t need to see.  Now I think that I can make it to the bedroom. I’ll give you a head start. But when I get there, no holds barred.  I am ravenous.”

 

Jethro quickly made his way to the bedroom and no sooner had he crossed the threshold but Margie was on him.  Pushing and pulling until they were both in their ‘birthday suits’. She wasn’t kidding she was ravenous and she feasted on me and I enjoyed every moment, every second, every nanosecond of her devouring me.  If this happens through the rest of the pregnancy, whew I will need to up my vitamins.  Margie once told me that she wouldn’t have me taking ‘those little blue pills’.  She said that in her travels she learned ways to keep a man aroused without internal stimulants and she was not kidding. Needless to say that we both needed a shower and nap before our dinner guests arrived.  

 

---------------------------------------------  

 

All the dinner guests arrived on schedule.  We all ate dinner and then sat around the living and dining rooms and chatted until the big “reveal”.

 

“Thank you everyone for coming on such short notice.  We wanted you all here to share some great news.  Marjorie and I are having twins.”

 

“Twin what?” asked Abby.

 

“Marjorie is pregnant and we are having twin babies.”

 

Silence.  Everyone looked at each other and then they all smiled and as one said,

 

 

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!”

 

“When are you due?”  “How did this happen?” “Are you all right?”  “Way to go Jethro!”  These were some of the comments from the group.

 

“We just found out yesterday and we wanted to share the good news with our friends. Marjorie and I told her parents earlier today.”

 

“So that’s why you had to leave the office yesterday and why you didn’t come in today. So is everything all right?” asked Leon.  All the others looked at us also waiting for a response.

 

“Yes the doctor says that everything is fine and she will monitor me closely.  She sees no difficulty in my having a successful pregnancy even at my age, before any of you interject about how old I am.”  Margie responded looking directly at Tobias who shamefully glanced away.

 

“We’re glad to hear that and I think that I can speak for the group that whatever you need don’t hesitate to contact us,” said Dr. Mallard.

 

“Here, here! A toast to Marjorie and Gibbs,”they all said.

 

“Thank you all for coming. We hate to see you go but we need to call it a night.  We both have to return to work in the morning and we need our rest, Marjorie especially.  So we will say good night to you all.”

 

“Good night Marjorie and Gibbs.”

 

They all left.  They had already cleaned up after dinner before the little announcement meeting so Jethro didn’t have much to do but take out the garbage.  He didn’t want to leave anything in the kitchen that might cause a smell that would upset Margie’s stomach.

 

He locked up and met Margie upstairs.  

 

“I think that I will take another shower before I go to bed. I feel kind of sticky.”

 

“I think that I will join you to help you wash your back.”

 

“Thank you kind sir, you take such good care of me.”

 

“I aim to please Madame, I aim to please.”

 

“That you do my love, that you do.”

 

They left the shower squeaky clean and a little out of breath but slept soundly that night.  

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Not everyone calls Marjorie by her shortened name of Margie.  Her parents call her Alexis, her ‘close’ friends and Jethro call her Margie, although Lydia sometimes calls her Allie.  Those of Jethro’s team who don’t know her well call her Marjorie or Mrs. Gibbs.  At work she’s called Agent McGregor.






Chapter End Notes:

The pregnancy progresses.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.