Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Margie has work to do and uses Jethro's office as a stage.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Margie and the research and development team needed to test out some new devices and disguises.  Margie knows how valuable these things can be in the field.  A prosthetic nose, ear, fat suit and the like go a long way to alter one’s appearance so that even your mother wouldn’t recognize you.  We’re not talking about Mrs. Doubtfire, or the Klumps, and not even Ethan Hunt.  Try to imagine changing from Emma Watson to Halle Berry, or from J.K. Rowling to Oprah.  

 

Our people can teach Hollywood a thing or two.  They’re serious about what they do because it could mean the difference between life and death for our agents.  It has saved me many a time.  And remember these things have to be easy enough to apply that the field agent can do it alone.  Sometimes we go in as team on specific one-time situations when we use a team in a truck on-site.  At those times you work as a team.  But I’ve had occasion where it was just my lonesome trying to sell this guy on buying a nuke from me when he tried to force his favors on me.  Well I popped a pill that turned my skin into oozing blisters and he thought long and hard about putting his appendage in places ‘not allowed’.  Of course the effects wore off in a few hours but it gave me enough time to complete the sale of the fake nuke and added a tracking device to his ‘almost invisible’ appendage and leave.

 

Today we had me all made up to look like Jennifer Lawrence, long blond hair and all.  This time I didn’t need lifts in my shoes because I’m 5’9” too but I’m not 27 and I went for green eyes all of this a stark contrast to my real brown hair with strands of gray, brown eyes, brown skin with red-orange undertones, and my almost 50 year old body.  Let’s just say I worked it.  We got everything set up and added wardrobe.  I settled for a Carolina Herrera black pantsuit trying to cover as much skin as possible.  We settled for a pair of Jimmy Choo black heels and so on and so on. Of course we made credentials to match my appearance.  Now we just needed to test it out somewhere.  Hmm…  I think that I will test it out at NCIS.  That will give me a chance to see my husband and to just see how observant those folks are there at Naval Criminal Investigative Service.  

 

I drove to NCIS in a Mercedes sedan, which is a contrast to my personal 1966 baby blue Mustang.  I made it pass security and requested to speak with Special Agent Gibbs. We had the conversation all outlined as to why I came to NCIS.  I walked to the ‘squad room’ for lack of a better description and spoke with Agents Gibbs, McGee, and Torres.  Not one of them recognized me.  Oh did I say that we also had a voice-altering device on my neck similar to what Ethan Hunt used in the Mission Impossible movie.  I terminated the meeting and as I prepared to leave I looked at my husband, the very Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, and said, “Hello Ace. Kak dela? (How are you?)” His eyes grew wide like saucers. He knew that I didn’t want to break my cover in front of everyone there so he excused us to one of the meeting rooms.

 

“Margie what are you doing?  How did you get past security? What is this about?

 

“Calm down Jethro.  I’m working.  We needed to test out some new devices and disguises and I decided to test them here.  If I could get pass you, the one who knows me the best, then I figured that I could get pass those who don’t know me at all.”

 

“Well you succeeded.  When you said ‘hello Ace’ I almost had an accident, if you know what I mean.”

 

“TMI Jethro, too much information.  Yes I know what you mean.  How do I look?”

 

“You look fine but of course I prefer your natural look to any other look.”

 

“That’s good to know my love.  How about we test it out on Director Vance and I come on to you and see his reaction.”

 

“No Margie this is a place of work not the Capitol Theatre.  Now what do you do, head back to the office?”

 

“Oh you’re no fun.  Yes I need to go back to work.  This was fun. Don’t tell your team who I am. I may use this disguise again.”

 

“I would kiss you but I don’t want the image of how you look and sound now associated with kissing my wife.  I’ll walk you out.”

 

“Thank you my love.  See you later at home.”

 

“All right I will see you later.”

 

We walked out and I returned to my office and reported that the disguise was a great success.

 

When Jethro returned to his work area his team wanted to know what happened to that woman that looked like Jennifer Lawrence.  Jethro told them that she had to leave.  They returned to their work but a bit curious about the whole incident.

 

------------------------------------------  

 

Two weeks later we hosted a cook out at our house.  It was a way for the team to spend some casual time together without all the hustle and bustle of work.  Reeves and Torres volunteered to man the grill and Abby helped out with the McGee twins.  Dr. Mallard brought a date and Leon came with his children.  Leon’s daughter also pitched in and helped with the children since Jimmy Palmer and his wife also attended.  Tobias came with his daughter as well as the others from Jethro’s team.  Surprise of all Lydia came with a date, a Dr. Standish, a neurosurgeon at Georgetown University Hospital.  They met at a function for one of the charities that Lydia supports.  

 

Oh and before I forget I invited a young couple.  The young lady recently joined our running group. She and her fiancé are fairly new to the area.  She’s a partner at one of the big law firms in town and he works for the FBI.  Lydia didn’t know him though but I introduced them today at the cook out.  The young lady’s name in Evangeline Williamson and her fiancé’s name is John McBain.  They are a very nice couple.

 

Everyone had a great time.  We ate and talked and laughed and played games.  Everyone helped to clean up and all left with bellies full.  

 

“Jethro, that was a nice gathering.  Glad that everyone could make itThe food was good and the weather was perfect.”

 

“Yes, It was good to relax with friends.  I’m glad that everyone pitched in to clean up.  Now all we have left to do is to enjoy the rest of our evening.”

 

Then I hear the beginning strands of the song and I feel Jethro’s strong arms around me,

 

‘Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you’

 

(Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis Presley) 

 

The song repeated as he walked me upstairs, clothing dropping on the floor as we ascended the stairs. By the time that we made it to the bedroom the passion was lit and there was nothing to do but to allow it to combust and so it did.  Time and time again.






Chapter End Notes:

Never a dull day with these two.  Their circle of friends grows.  







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.