Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline has so much to do and so little time to do it.  Lives hang in the balance.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

 

 

The Confrontation a JOVAN Story    REVISED

 

 

Chapter 4    Todd's Case Surprise

 

With time running out on me saving Todd from lethal injection I am at my wit’s end on how to save him when I get a cryptic call from my PI to meet him at the court house with the ADA and armed guards.  I have no idea what’s going on but my PI has never let me down before so I make the specified arrangements.  ADA Hughes, two armed guards and I sit in the conference room waiting when enters my PI and to our surprise, Margaret Cochran.  He has her handcuffed to him and pushes her into the room ahead of him.  

 

“I am Private Investigator Brian Martin, license #413872.  I have in custody, one Margaret Cochran.  Found her in Thailand. As you can see she is very much alive.  I have her in handcuffs to ensure her safe return to Llanview.  She has not been harmed.  I release her into your custody.”

 

“Mr. Martin, on behalf of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, we thank you for your service.  Ms. Cochran, do you know why you are here?  Do you know that Mr. Todd Manning was convicted of your murder and that of your child?  What do you have to say to this?

 

“Todd was convicted of my murder?  How can that be?  I am not dead.  This is all Spencer’s fault.  He said that I was to go away and he would help me get Todd because he wants Blair.  He took my child to force me to cooperate with him.  Where is my child?”

 

“Ms. Cochran we know nothing of this.  Dr. Truman testified for the defense in Mr. Manning’s case.  Why would he want to help Todd if what you say is true?”

 

“That’s the way that Spencer is.  He tricks you into thinking that he’s on your side when all the time he only cares about himself.  He wants Blair and he will do anything to get her.  Putting Todd await for murder is one way to do that.  I will write a statement about all that I have said and I have one other piece of evidence.  Spencer didn’t know that I didn’t trust him totally so I taped our conversations.  They are still in my old apartment hidden where no one will find them. I can tell your officer where to find them and you will then have the evidence that you need to deal with Dr. Spencer Truman but you have to help me find my son.  Spencer took him from me to guarantee my cooperation.”

 

“First things first Ms. Cochran, tell this officer where he can find the tapes and once we verified your story we will handle Dr. Truman but not before.  If he is a devious as you say we don’t want to give him any opportunity to wiggle out of a conviction.  We will call in the federal authorities on this case for it not only involves obstruction of justice, but also kidnapping and extortion.  So have a seat and make yourself comfortable Ms. Cochran.  Attorney Williamson and I need to file paperwork to have Mr. Manning’s conviction overturned and have him released from prison.  If you had not arrived now it would have been too late to save Mr. Manning from lethal injection.”

 

“Lethal injection!  They were going to kill Todd for murdering me?  But I’m not dead.  This is too cruel.  You have to get Spencer for doing this to all of us.  He has to be stopped!”

 

“With your help he will.  Just wait here.”

 

ADA Hughes instructed the two officers.  One was to go to Ms. Cochran’s old apartment and retrieve the tapes.  ADA Hughes will have the warrant prepared for the officer to take with him.  The other officer is to take Ms. Cochran to a holding cell for her protection and to prevent her escape.  He left instructions that she is to be constantly observed. At no time is she to be left alone.  Two people with her at all times.  Keep her in handcuffs except to use the facilities and then two female officers are to accompany her. 

 

After meeting with Margaret Cochran everything else happened like a whirlwind.  

 

-The officer obtained Margaret's tapes and had them transcribed.

 

-Todd Manning was released from prison and his conviction was overturned.

 

-Dr. Spencer Truman was arrested and the federal authorities took him into custody.

 

-Dr. Truman tried to barter for his release by refusing to tell where he hid the child but when his arrest hit the national newspapers someone came forth with information on the location of the child.

 

-The authorities rescued the child and the courts are now trying to determine who should have custody of him.  Todd Manning wants custody of the child as does Margaret Cochran.  The child for now remains in foster care until the courts can decide custody.

 

Whew!  I am exhausted but a good exhausted.  I am so glad that Todd is free and back at home.  He has his children with him, except the child that Margaret had.  He barred Blair from his home.  He will not even allow her to drop the kids off at his house.  He picks them up from Dorian’s house and drops them off there.  Of course Todd gave my PI a huge bonus for saving him and he paid me an exorbitant amount for handling his case.  He said that it wasn’t enough to pay for all that I did for him.  I never gave up on him and for that he is most grateful.  

 

 

I need a vacation after all of this.  What a year I have had.  In one year’s time I’ve won two major court cases that’s the positive but on the other end of the spectrum I’ve been kidnapped and set afire. My what a year!  I need a break but I still have other cases that I need to handle but I will take this weekend off and do just nothing. Sit around my apartment in my pajamas, watch movies, eat popcorn and just relax.  Just me and myself.  We make a good team.






Chapter End Notes:

Maybe now she can get some rest.  She deserves it.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.