Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline and John marry!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

 

We Can’t Be Friends a JOVAN story

 

Chapter 4    The Wedding

 

It took a lot of calls and coaxing but Lisa and Eve managed to get it all done. Lisa found and booked the church, the minister and the reception hall, and Eve contacted out of town relatives and got a count on number of attendees and found the perfect hotel and negotiated a great deal with the hotel for the number of rooms needed for the out of town guests.  Both Lisa and Eve were in constant contact with Evangeline and John who did travel to town for the food and cake testing and selection.  Layla and Nora helped Evangeline find a dress and of course John needed help from Michael on finding a tuxedo.  Left alone John would have appeared in a black suit and tie and thought that he looked fine.

 

Evangeline and John made it to the wedding venue two days before the wedding.  They stayed at the hotel in separate rooms. They met with the minister for some last minute pre wedding counseling and last minute instructions on the wedding ceremony.  Both opted for traditional vows.  They wanted the old tried and true and didn’t see the need to try to think of something on their own.  The wedding will take place on Saturday morning with a brunch and dancing afterwards because Evangeline and John had an evening flight to Dublin, Ireland.  That’s why they settled for a morning wedding instead of an evening wedding.  They wanted to be relaxed for the flight and this way it would give them time to mingle with their guests and not have to rush off to catch their flight. 

 

After the meeting with the minister Evangeline and John went to Lisa’s house for lunch. There they met Lisa, Eve, Uncle Clay, Michael, Layla, Nora and Todd.  Todd was on his best behavior.  He didn’t want to do anything to upset Evangeline.  He did take her aside to talk with her.

 

“Are you positive that you want to do this because I can have you on a plane out of here in the blink of an eye.  Just say the word.”

 

“Yes Todd I am sure.  I’m so glad that you are here.  It wouldn’t be a perfect day for me if you weren’t here. Don’t worry about me.  I am happy and I want you to be happy. If Blair doesn’t make you happy maybe it’s time for you to move on too.  If Llanview isn’t the place for you there are other cities around the world just waiting for Todd Manning.”

 

“But Evangeline I have a life there and the newspaper.  Where else would I go and anyway my children are there.”

 

“Todd those are excuses not reasons to stay. Anyway I’ve said what I wanted to say.  Here I have something for you.  My new job has many clients and one of them is a newspaper conglomerate that just happens to need an editor for one of their newspapers in the town where I now live. I spoke with the president of the company last week and gave him some information about you. He was quite interested. You may not be the head honcho but he’s willing to work with you and see what the two of you can do.  He was impressed with your grit.  Not many people can face death and come out not bitter and angry at the world.  I should know.”

 

“Evangeline you did that for me?”

 

“You would do the same for me Todd. That’s what friends are for.”

 

“I love you.  You are the best.  I will call him and consider it.  Maybe you’re right, maybe it is time for me to leave Llanview and living in the town where you are means I won’t be lonely.  How will John feel about that, me in the same town with you guys?”

 

“I talked with John about it and it was his suggestion that I speak with my client.  John is happy Todd and he knows what it feels like to be miserable and he doesn’t want that for anybody, not even you.  John also knows that I love him and am happy with him and that you would never do anything to make me unhappy.  So while I’m away on my honeymoon get your life in order Todd. Now kiss me on my cheek and go get some food.  My mother will be upset with you if you don’t eat.”

 

“Okay I hear you.  Thanks for always watching out for me Evangeline.  I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

“As long as I live Todd you will never have to do without me.  BFFs, best friends forever we are.”

 

They ate and talked and laughed and had a good time.  Everyone left and went their separate ways.  The next evening they had the wedding rehearsal and everything went well.

 

------------------------------------------   

 

The wedding day dawned bright and sunny without a cloud in the sky.  The temperature even cooperated and was comfortable not stifling.  The church was beautifully decorated and everyone looked sharp in their wedding attire.  The wedding began,

 

“I stood there in the front of the church waiting for her to walk down the aisle.  I was nervous but not anxious.  I knew that Evangeline would not leave me standing at the altar and disappear like the ‘Runaway Bride’.  Words cannot express my joy at this moment.  I am about to marry Evangeline.  I have dreamed of this day and now it’s finally here. The wedding march has started and there she is.  Oh my goodness she is gorgeous! The dress fits her perfectly and even with the veil over her face I see her eyes sparkling.  She’s smiling at me and I grin like an idiot but I don’t care. I see her and she sees me and no one else matters.”

 

“Oh my words he looks so handsome!  His hair pulled back from his face and his beard neatly trimmed he looks better than any cover of GQ.  The tuxedo fits him perfectly and his blue eyes are clear and looking directly at me. I smile and he’s smiling.  I only have eyes for him and it seems as if the rest of the world just fades away and only we two exist.”

 

The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch and the brunch reception and dancing was great.  We were able to eat and dance and walk around and speak with everyone at the reception.  We didn’t have to rush and everything felt relaxed and we really enjoyed ourselves.  The toasts by Nora and Michael were hilarious and Todd surprised us with his dance moves.  The guy has skills.  

 

“May I have your attention please? Thank you.  Evangeline and I want to thank each of you for sharing this wonderful occasion with us.  You have made this a perfect day for us.  We give a special thanks to our mothers for putting this all together for us.  You are the best ladies!  A toast to our moms! Now I would like to thank this beautiful wife of mine for making me the happiest man in the world.  Maybe it’s the luck of the Irish but as I don’t believe in luck even though I am Irish I believe that God saw this pitiful creature John McBain and sent to him this blessed spirit to shine light on my dark world and lead me back to love.  Evangeline McBain my shining light I will love you forever.”

 

“Everyone don’t let John make you believe that it was one-sided.  I too needed guidance and John helped me find my way.  John McBain my love for my life I will love you always.”

 

The reception wound down and John and Evangeline took their leave and left for their rooms.  They   had their travel bags packed and only needed to have Layla take the wedding gown back to their mother’s house.  Michael will return John’s tuxedo to the rental place.  As hard as it was to wait Evangeline and John decided not to consummate their wedding until they arrived in Ireland.  They figured that they had waited this long a few more hours wouldn’t matter.






Chapter End Notes:

What's next for these two?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.