Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline and John settle into married life.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

We Can’t Be Friends a JOVAN story

 

Chapter 5    A New Life Together

 

Almost a year after our wedding and John and I have settled into our new home and our new jobs.  I’m sitting here at work just thinking back at all that has happened in the last year since our wedding.  

 

First let me think about the honeymoon:  

 

John and I had a marvelous time on our honeymoon and let us just say that if anything the love making was better than anything we had ever experienced together. I guess what made it more exhilarating was that this time we joined together both bodies and hearts and that made a world of difference.  John even commented on the difference and he understands now how much better it is when your heart is in it too.

 

Next let me think about our new jobs:

 

We’re both enjoying our new jobs.  I’m in the courtroom again and have not lost my zeal for winning.  I get to do what I do well and John now enjoys what he does instead of feeling like it’s such a burden.  He gets along well with his team and his superiors and they have nothing but good things to say about him.

 

And last but not least let me think about our new home:

 

We found a nice home just on the outskirts of town.  It is close enough for us to enjoy the amenities of town but far enough to get some peace and quiet.  It suits us well.

 

All right enough daydreaming I need to do some real work.  Oh, before I end this daydream I must say that I did have a surprise shortly after we returned from our honeymoon.  Todd did accept the job offer and moved to our town. He and I get together at least once a month and he’s met somebody.  She’s a strong independent woman and doesn’t take any mess from him but she is also very loving of him and will fight for him against anyone.  They work well together as a couple and I see wedding bells in their future.

 

Okay now back to work.

 

--------------------------------   

 

Two days later and here we are at dinner at a fancy restaurant celebrating our one-year anniversary.  I had this all planned out to make it a romantic evening and Evangeline is in the ladies room throwing up.  The manager stops by and asks if everything is all right and I tell him that my wife is sick to her stomach.  He apologizes and says that he hopes it wasn’t the food and said that our meal is on the house.  I thank him and wait for Evangeline to exit the ladies room.  A few minutes later she does and asks me to take her home.  We arrive at home and she rushes upstairs and brushes her teeth, takes a shower and goes to bed. I take a shower and join her in bed.  I snuggle up to her and fall asleep.

 

The next week goes as it usually does.  Evangeline recovered from her stomachache and we had an intimate celebration at home to make up for our ruined dinner.  I cooked and we ate and then danced around the living room.  It was fun.

 

A few weeks later we’re in the back yard planting some flowers and Evangeline jumps us and runs towards the house.  I thought that she was running from a bee or something but she stopped just before she made it to the deck and veered off to the left to the side of the house and threw up.  I ran to her and asked what was wrong.  She couldn’t respond because she kept throwing up.  I went inside I got a glass of water and some paper towels.  When I returned she had finally finished and was just standing there trying to catch her breath.  I gave her the glass of water and the paper towels. She used the water to rinse her mouth and the paper towels to wipe her mouth and her forehead for she had worked up a sweat with all of the vomiting.

 

“Evangeline you need to go to the doctor to find out why you keep vomiting.”

 

“I know John, let me call and try to get in to see her today.”

 

“It’s a weekend Evangeline, isn’t her office closed?”

 

“No, she offers early hours on Saturdays. Let me call her now.”

 

She calls the doctor and they tell her to come in now.  We go inside and shower and change and make it to the doctor’s office.  We go into the exam room and they have Evangeline give a urine and blood sample while we wait for the doctor.  Evangeline gives the samples and we sit and wait for the doctor.  We don’t talk but we do hold hands trying to give each other comfort.  Sometimes words get in the way so we just use this time to think and pray.

 

The doctor comes into the office and sits and looks at us both.  We look at each other and then the doctor and ask if everything is all right.  The doctor responds,

 

“Yes Mr. and Mrs. McBain everything seems to be fine.  Mrs. McBain you are pregnant.”

 

Evangeline and I look at each other and caught up in the moment I stand up and hug Evangeline.  She hugs me back really tight.  We then look at the doctor and ask how far along is she.  The doctor says that she will need to do an ultrasound to determine that.  She calls in the technician to set up the ultrasound and we sit and wait.  

 

I stand next to the bed while they prep Evangeline for the ultrasound. Then we see the baby and hear the baby’s heartbeat and I stand there amazed.  Evangeline squeezes my hand and I look at her and smile. The doctor moves the wand over Evangeline’s belly and takes measurements and says that Evangeline’s eight weeks pregnant.  I am beyond happy. I kiss Evangeline and thank her.

 

“John, why are you thanking me?  We did this together.”

 

“Thank you for taking a chance on me Evangeline. Thank you for loving me.  I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too John.”

 

We kiss and the doctor chuckles and says,

 

“Congratulations you two.  You can get dressed now Mrs. McBain and I will see you in my office after you dress and we can talk about what happens next.”

 

We both thank the doctor and she leaves.  Evangeline dresses and we sit for a moment just to look at the ultrasound pictures.  We hug each other again and kiss again and just bask in the moment.  After a few moments we make our way to the doctor’s office where she tells us about what to expect in the coming months and sets up appointments for Evangeline.  I plan to accompany her to as many appointments as I can.  I want to share this experience with her.

 

We make it back home and sit on the sofa and just hold each other.  We know that we should call our family and friends but we just want some time to just have this just for ourselves.

 

“Evangeline you have made me so happy.  I knew that I wanted to have children with you but I didn’t expect one so early but you know what it is perfect timing. Anything I do with you is perfect timing for me.  I almost lost you due to my stupidity but here we are now married and soon to be parents.  Life can’t get any better for me.  I love you Evangeline McBain.  I love you more than words can express.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for being my friend, my lover, my wife, and now the mother of my child.  I will forever treasure you.”

 

“Oh John that is so sweet.  That brought to mind a conversation we had in Angel Square when Christian Vega was released after the prison riot and you asked me how long we were going to go on treating each other like strangers, like we were never friends and I responded by saying I can’t be just friends yet.  Look at us now. We’re more than friends John. We are married and soon to be parents.  I like this a lot better than friendship even though you are my friend too.”

 

“I remember that conversation Evangeline and I too like how we are now, more than friends.  You are my life love and I will love you until I take my last breath.”

 

And we sit there and enjoy our quiet time together.  We will call our family and friends but right now it’s just us, Evangeline and John, and baby makes three.

 

 

THE END

 

 

A/N:Thnx for reading and reviewing.  That’s all for this story.






Chapter End Notes:

That's the end for this story.  Thnx for reading and reviewing.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.