Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sometimes things are not always what they seem.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Someone I Used to Know

 

Chapter 12    The Truth Revealed

 

Why didn’t you just leave well enough alone?  She rejected you and she didn’t even give you a chance to show her that you are the one for her.  So you returned home with your tail between your legs and got on your life or so you thought but you can’t get her out of your mind.  She’s not with him you know that because you have kept tabs on her so why did she reject you?  Doesn’t she know how good you two will be together?  Now this happens.  You had another opening to get in her space.  A job opening in Llanview where you can be near her and then she can get to know you and you two will then be together.  But no, they give to him.  Again he gets everything.  He had her and didn’t appreciate her and now he has the job that should be mine and maybe he will get her again.  I know that she left him and moved on to Christian Vega and maybe even Todd Manning but she’s not with anyone now so I thought that if I got this job in Llanview that I could court her and she would fall in love with me and we would be together.  But now what do I do?  I can’t seem to get her out of my mind.  I’ve been on dates but I always compare everyone to her. But I don’t even know her that well but she is mine and no one else will have her she just doesn’t know what she wants and I have to help her to decide.  I won’t hurt her I could never hurt her.  But how do I get her alone so that we can get to know each other?  I know what I will do. The last time I took off for two weeks to get to know her but that was not enough time.  I’ll take a leave of absence for maybe a month or two. That should be enough time for us to acquaint ourselves with each other.  During my time in Llanview I found many vacant building that I can use.  I won’t hurt her. The place will have all of the comforts of home.  It is not kidnapping it is just going on vacation with my intended, that’s what it is.  Now I know what I must do.  We will be so happy together.

 

--------------------------------  

 

Finally I have her with me.  It was easier than I thought.  I just followed her for a week and she does keep the same schedule every week so I just interrupted her morning run.  I’m sorry that I had to chloroform her. That probably scared her and brought back memories of her kidnapping but this is not kidnapping it’s just two people spending time together.  I stay in the shadows around town so no one will notice me.  It has worked for over a month now.  They are looking for her and have called in the FBI.  How funny, the FBI is already here.  She won’t talk to me now.  She is so angry with me even after I explain to her that this is for us. She doesn’t fight me though and for that I am grateful but she won’t talk to me so I talk for the both of us. I tell her what a great life we will have and that I just want her to love me.  We will go away and live somewhere no one knows us and will have a wonderful life.  But she goes along each day and does the same thing each day.  She eats her breakfast; she runs around the warehouse for exercise; she showers; she changes clothes; she prays; she eats dinner; she showers; she prays; she goes to bed.  She does this every day but she doesn’t talk to me.  This is starting to annoy me.  In order to leave I lock the doors and go out to replenish our supplies.  I travel to a town just on the other side of Llanview to avoid seeing any Llanview residents.  Making my way back to the warehouse I stop for gas.  Having filled up I return to the warehouse.  She’s there in the same place that I left her. She still doesn’t talk to me.

 

----------------------------------------  

 

Stupid me I should have gassed up before I left, oh wait there’s a gas station ahead on the left.  Just as I pull up to the pump I notice a man with an armload of supplies getting in his car.  Don’t I know him from somewhere he looks awful familiar.  He pulls away but I jot down the tag number just in case I remember who he is.  Getting the gas I get back in my car and head into Llanview.  I have taken these side trips every week trying to find my sister.  She just disappeared while out jogging.  I can’t believe that this has happened to her again.  She must be frantic.  Hold on Evangeline we will find you. Instead of going home I drive to the police station to check on any news about my sister.  Walking in I see Antonio, Bo and John talking and hear that they have no leads and no clues on her whereabouts.  Then I hear Bo ask John what info the FBI have since this is a kidnapping and then I remember who that man is.  I can’t believe it!

 

“Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I know who has Evangeline!”

 

They all turn around and look at me bewildered.

 

“What do you mean you know who has her Layla?”

 

“I was just driving back into town and I saw this man who looked familiar to me but I couldn’t remember from where and so I jotted down the car tag number just in case I remembered but when Bo asked John what did the FBI know I remembered who the man is.  It is Agent Baxter!”

 

“What do you mean Layla?  Agent Baxter who helped us on the OPP case?”

 

“Yes Bo that Agent Baxter.  I just saw him at a gas station a town over from Llanview.  He had an armful of supplies so I would guess that he’s staying somewhere nearby.  Here is the tag number info.”

 

“I can’t believe that Agent Baxter would so such a thing.  John and Antonio what do you two know about him?  Is he capable of such a thing?”

 

“Bo I can answer that for you instead of John and Antonio.  Agent Baxter wanted my sister in a romantic way but she did not feel the same.  I’m afraid that he has now taken her to force her to love him.  We have to find her because I don’t think that he will let her go until she agrees to love him and we all know that Evangeline only loves whom she chooses and plus she has been through enough.  We have to find her now!”

 

With the car tag information Bo, Antonio and John rush to follow up on this information.  Within forty-eight hours they have apprehend Agent Baxter and turn him over to the FBI to face federal charges and Evangeline is in the hospital.  She withdrew into herself to survive and Dr. Jamison meets with her everyday to assist her in her recovery.  If any good thing came out of all of this it is that Evangeline is stronger than she gave herself credit for.  She was right to reject Agent Baxter in the first place.  For her it just didn’t feel right and she knew that he was not the one for her.  Dr. Jamison is not worried about her recovery because he praised her on finding a method to survive this ordeal and keep intact her true self.  Fortunately Agent Baxter did not physically harm her and she sheltered her mind so that he could not mentally harm her.  Dr. Jamison explained it as hiding when something bad is happening.  If you hide and don’t look it doesn’t enter your psyche.  She tuned him out and stayed in her safe place and survived.  He didn’t touch her so she did not develop an aversion to touch.  

 

Todd was beside himself with worry and arranged for another attorney to handle her clients while she was missing.  Sarah A. couldn’t come to town because she is pregnant with their first child and Ivan would not permit her to travel but Todd kept her apprised of all of the developments.  Upon Evangeline’s rescue both Todd and Sarah shared a group video Skype session and they all cried with relief.

 

One thing that was tantamount that Dr. Jamison insists upon with Evangeline is that she realize and continue to emphasize is that she is not responsible for what happened.  This had nothing to do with her.  Agent Baxter could have fixated himself on any woman and the same thing would have happened.  Evangeline is glad to hear that because she did think that maybe she is a magnet for crazy people but then she remembers Sarah and Todd and Antonio and Nora and all of the good people in her life.  

 

Days later Dr. Jamison approves her discharge from the hospital and she heads home.  Her mother is there to stay with her until she feels comfortable being alone but that’s just it.  She does feel comfortable being alone so her mother only stays a week and then leaves.  After her rescue the one constant has been John.  He has been there in the hospital every day to see her.  He does not talk much only when she initiates conversation but he does read to her.  She has some books that she likes and he brings them and reads to her. That calms her a great deal. When she goes home and after her mother leaves he comes over, brings dinner and sits and reads to her. They don’t talk about Agent Baxter.  She’s talked about that enough with the FBI, the LPD and with Dr. Jamison.  She just wants to relax.  Sarah offers to send her on a vacation but she declines and says that she needs to get back to work.  The temporary attorney was a big help but she’s ready to get back to her office and into the swing of things.  Her clients were so worried for her and refused to leave her as their attorney.  Their loyalty really touched her heart.  She smiles when she thinks of that and then she looks at John and says,

 

“I knew he wasn’t right for me when he first came to town.  He blamed you for all of his troubles and I know how it is to blame you for bad things happening but you weren’t to blame to his troubles or for mine John.  I’m sorry for having blamed you for so long.”

 

“That’s all right Evangeline.  You are safe now and that is all that matters.”

 

“John can you stay with me tonight?  All those nights alone with him in that warehouse it was so lonely.  I’ve been alone for years now but that was a different kind of lonely.  We won’t make love or have sex but can you just hold me tonight?”

 

“Yes I can do that Evangeline.  I am honored that you would ask me.  Are you ready for bed now?  You can shower in your room and I will shower in the guest bathroom. I don’t have a change of clothing but we’ll make do.”

 

She walks to the hall closet and pulls out the box of his belongings. He should find something that he can use in there.  It still surprises her that she kept his things for all of these years. She gives the box to him and he does find things that he can use for the night.  They both go to shower and then meet in her bedroom.  It surprises him that she is not tentative with him and just gets into bed like nothing has changed between them and he snuggles up behind her and they fall asleep and sleep peacefully through the night.






Chapter End Notes:

Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!  Did we see that one coming?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.