Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sarah A. arrives to aid her friend Evangeline.  Move out of the way people!!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Someone I Used to Know

 

Chapter 3    Sarah Takes Charge

 

Sarah A. has been calling Evangeline’s cell phone for days without a response.  Finally after a week she receives a response from Evangeline’s mother.  Mrs. Williamson informs Sarah A. about the attack and that Evangeline is in a coma.  Sarah is devastated.  ‘No, not my friend, not my Evie’.  Sarah’s on the next flight to Llanview and rents a house there so that she can be near her friend.  Her husband Ivan travels with her.  He can work from anywhere with Internet access.  He doesn’t want his wife to go through this alone.  He knows how much she cares for Evangeline. 

 

Sarah visits Evangeline every day and just sits and talks with her or reads to her.  The doctors don’t give much hope for recovery and that is when Sarah takes action.  She and Todd are of the same mind and they join forces to help their friend.  Just like Todd helped Evangeline when she lost her sight, he joins with Sarah A. to help Evangeline to recover.  They bring in specialists who work with Evangeline around the clock.  They have some highs and they have some lows but they will not give up.

 

One day when both Sarah A. and Todd are visiting Evangeline at the same time they are sitting and talking about the crazy things that they have both done with Evangeline when they hear someone talking.  No one else is in the room and they look at each other and then at Evangeline.  Her eyes are still closed but her mouth is moving.

 

“Shhh, shhh, too loud.”

 

They look at each other stunned.  Evangeline’s talking.  They wait a moment to make certain and then they hear,

 

“Mmmmm, mmmmm.”

 

They both rush to the door and call for the doctors.  The doctors rush in and ask why all of the noise.  Todd explain what happened and the doctors look at him as if he is crazy.  Then the talking begins again.

 

“Shhh, shhh, too loud.”  

 

The doctors rush in to examine Evangeline.  They call for transport and they have her taken for some tests.  Dr. Levinson, the lead doctor, returns and tell Sarah and Todd that this is a good indication that she is coming out of the coma but they will not rush to judgment.  After the tests they will come and talk again.

 

Todd and Sarah hug each other so relieved that their friend is on the mend.

 

“Did you hear her Todd?  She told us to quiet down.  That’s our Evangeline!”

 

“Yes that is our Evangeline.  I am so happy I want to scream but I have to have patience.  I don’t want to celebrate too early.  Let’s wait for the test results but I am encouraged that our friend will return to us soon.  Thanks Sarah for being here.  We both treasure Evangeline and it feels good to share that with someone else.”

 

“Ditto to that Todd.  She is one of a kind and deserves only the best.  Now you know that she will need a lot of rehab so even though I must return home I expect you to stay on top of everything.  The funds for her care are available to you.  I don’t trust anyone else to do what needs to be done, even her mother.  Todd take care of our girl when I leave.  I will expect regular updates, videos work best.”

 

“Don’t worry about a thing Sarah.  I will handle it all.  You do know that I love your friend but I do realize that I cannot be her lover. I treasure her friendship and so if that’s all that I can have then I will have it and make the best of it. Unfortunately we both know to whom her heart belongs even after all of this time and even after her involvement with others.  I won’t say the name in this room because I don’t want that in the air when she returns.  He’s no good for her but I hear that he’s in therapy. Maybe that will help him.  I don’t know.”

 

“I know what you mean Todd but we have to remember that Evangeline is an adult and can make her own decisions.  Although sometimes she makes the wrong decisions, they are her decisions. We must support her as best we can but we can call her out when needed.  We will not give her a blank check to mess up her life. We can give our opinions and she can either listen and act or disregard us.  That’s her choice but we will never stop trying to help her.  She is special.  She is special to us and we will support her.  Agreed.”

 

“Agreed. Sarah it’s been great spending time with you although I would have preferred that it happen under other circumstances, nevertheless just know that we agree that our friend deserves the best.”

 

Dr. Levinson returns and reports good news.  Evangeline is indeed coming out of the coma.  He did call her mother and she’s on her way. Todd decides to leave not wanting to have another argument with Mrs. Williamson.  Sarah stays and waits for them to return Evangeline to her room.  Soon enough Evangeline is once again settled in her room.  Her mother does arrive and sits in a chair on one side while Sarah sits on the opposite side.

 

“Mrs. Williamson isn’t it such good news that Evangeline is on the road to recovery?”

 

“Yes that is fantastic news Sarah.  So how much longer can you stay?”

 

“When the doctors tell me that she can move to rehab then I will leave.  Todd will oversee whatever needs she may have. Are you all right with that?”

 

“Sarah I have no problem with that.  As a matter of fact I’m very thankful to have someone to help me in this. Todd has always had a soft spot for Evangeline.  I could tell when he paid to have her vision restored.  He might want more than a friendship but I don’t think that would be good for either of them.  For Todd would need to let loose of Blair Cramer and he can’t seem to do that even after everything she has done to him with the Truman matter.”

 

“I agree with you on that but for now Todd only wants Evangeline to recover as do I. This is a great day!  Our Evangeline is on the mend.  We can’t ask for anything better than that.”

 

 “Amen to that Sarah, amen to that.  She looks so peaceful.”

 

“Yes but only when she sleeps.  We both know what a troublemaker she can be.  Do you remember when she pulled that prank when we were in law school and were almost caught?  That would have been a disaster for both of us.”

 

“I do remember that and could not believe that my little ‘always do right’ Evangeline would do that.”

 

“She reminds me of the Gremlins movie where one of the little creatures was all soft and fuzzy and the other one was an imp.  Two different sides of the same coin.  Go figure.”

 

“But my Evangeline is the kindest person you would want to meet.  I’m so glad that she has a friend like you Sarah.  Thank you so much for coming.  You stopped your life to help my daughter and I will never forget that.”

 

“No need to thank me Mrs. Williamson.  Evangeline would have done the same for me, I know it.”

 

 

“Yes she would have.”






Chapter End Notes:

It never hurts to have a good friend.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.