Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Richard and Nicole want to visit their father at work.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 13    Office Visit

 

They would have a teacher service day the day that I work from home so I can’t drop the kids off there today while I have lunch with Jethro at his office.  I will have to take them with me and so that means that I have to get up early to get any work done before they wake up and want breakfast.  Looks like it’s nice outside so maybe at lunchtime we can find a table to spread our lunch in the outdoor area near Jethro’s building. I really do not want to sit inside on such a nice day.

 

Oh well I will make the best of this situation.  Up at 5:30 a.m. and after a stop in the bathroom straight to my office to start my computer work before those two commandos wake up wanting to eat.  Jethro’s still asleep.  At 7:30 a.m. I’m just finishing and stop in to check on my two darlings and they are still asleep.  Jethro’s downstairs in the kitchen so I join him for breakfast.  I remind him about lunch and he says that he has it on his schedule and will see me then.  He leaves at 8:00 a.m. and I’m hoping that Richard and Nicole sleep a little longer so that I can complete just a little more work.  They do give me a slight reprieve and don’t awake until 9:00 a.m.  Completing their morning bathroom routine we head downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast.  I am so glad that they are not picky eaters and I make sure to give them food that is tasty but also nutritious.  

 

After breakfast we go back upstairs for reading time.  They usually take turns choosing which book to read and today is Nicole’s turn.  We sit at the table in their playroom and we read the book together. They then play with their blocks or magnet board, draw pictures or listen to language tapes.  I prefer tapes to videos because then they can concentrate on the sound instead of looking at the video.

 

At 10:30 a.m. we clean up the lesson material and prepare for our visit to Jethro’s office.  First I go to Richard’s room and pull clothes from his closet and then I go to Nicole’s room and do the same thing.  They prefer to dress themselves so I leave them to do that. Just as I reach Richard’s door I hear him say,  “Mommy don’t I have to wear a suit to go to work?  Daddy wears a suit when he goes to work.”

 

I smile and reply, “If that is what you want to do Richard of course you may wear a suit.” He goes to his closet and pulls out a suit, a shirt and two ties.  He dresses himself but he doesn’t put on either tie.  “Mommy which tie looks good with this suit?”  I can’t believe my ears.  That’s exactly what Jethro asks me from time to time.  After Richard dresses we meet in Nicole’s room and she too has on a suit with a really pretty blouse.  “Mommy does this blouse look good with this outfit?”  Once again I am stupefied.  That’s the same thing that I ask Jethro when I’m getting dressed.  I really have to be careful what I say around these two little ones because they have excellent hearing.

 

Now in my room I ask my two little fashion experts which suit should I wear and which blouse.  They choose for me and I look quite good if I say so myself.  Who knew I had such fashion forward little children. All of this elaborate wardrobe just to go to lunch.

 

With the car packed and my beautiful, splendid children in their car seats I drive to Jethro’s office.  Usually he meets me downstairs at the check in desk but Bishop is going in so she escorts us to Jethro’s office.  With my hands full with the lunch basket she takes the hands of my little ones as we make our way to their dad’s office. Jethro’s not in his office but I leave the lunch basket there and we walk with Bishop to her work area. 

 

As we walk into the area McGee greets the twins and both Richard and Nicole together respond, “Hello Agent McGee how are you today, sir?”

 

I look at them asking myself who are these children and what have they done with my Richard and Nicole?  Before McGee can respond Jethro comes into the area.  The twins see him and are about to run to him but stop themselves and say,  “Hello Father, how are you this fine day?” Jethro looks at me as if to say ‘what happened to them?’ but instead he plays along and replies, “I am fine and how are you?”  Richard now takes the lead and says, “I too am fine, thank you for asking.”  I have no idea from where all of this is coming until Nicole says, “Daddy that’s what we heard on the language tapes this morning.  Did we sound good?”  Jethro assures her, “Yes Nicole you sounded very good.  Are you ready for lunch?”  Both Richard and Nicole reply with a hearty, “Yes!”

 

We all say goodbye to the team and head upstairs to retrieve the lunch basket and make our way outside and do find a vacant table on which we spread out our lunch.  Jethro asked me if I knew that conversation was on the tape and I said that I did.  Instead of the language tape I put in the etiquette tape on greetings.  One can never have too much practice in etiquette.  All is well that ends well.  We enjoyed the lunch and spending time together. All in all it was a good outing on this office visit.






Chapter End Notes:

Our little ones are growing up.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.