Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Who knew that a simple exercise class could cause such excitement.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 16    Not With My Wife

 

Sometimes agencies handle joint cases and assign staff from their respective agencies as liaisons.  That’s how I met Lydia.  I served as the CIA liaison on several FBI cases and the two of us became fast friends.  On occasion I would meet Lydia at the FBI headquarters after work for exercise.  We have a group of women who meet weekly to have strength classes.  They know that as women we will not have the strength and mass of a man but have to use other techniques to disable and disarm our opponent.  Lydia knows that with my expertise in martial arts and my acquired knowledge of other methods of defense that it would prove invaluable to the women in the exercise group at the FBI.  So the exercise group morphed into a ‘defensive techniques’ class. The women learn a lot of things that they don’t teach at Quantico.  The sessions are so popular that we had to add an extra session.  There is a waiting list.  To mix up the class a bit I’ve added a bit of dancing to the session.  With my love of dancing it is only logical but it really serves another purpose.  

 

When you dance you use different muscles than when you do regular exercise.  This allows one to strengthen the entire body and gives you additional moves to use when you defend yourself during a fight.  Many martial arts moves look like dancing so view a kick move in a dance as a defensive move in a fight and you will understand its value.  Consider belly dancing as a distractive move so while your prey is so busy watching the movement of your body you have immobilized him.

 

After my marriage I continue the classes and the popularity of the classes draw a crowd.  Some of the male staff come and watch.  At first the women are a bit put off by the attention of the men but I advise them to use this as an exercise to see what moves cause what reaction from the men.  This way they can judge which moves they can use in real case scenarios if these trained agents are acting like men then we have an audience we can practice on without them any the wiser.  And it works.  As a matter of fact one female agent returned from an assignment and shared with the group that she used techniques learned in the class on her recent assignment and it was a success.

 

So now I’m showing a new dance and one bold young man comes up on me and grabs me.  He says that this dancing won’t help a woman if the man is bigger and stronger and so it is a waste of time.  While he has my right arm in his grasp I swing around behind him as in one of the dances that I had just demonstrated and in no time had his arm behind his back, jabbed my knee into the back of his knee which made him fall to the floor. Releasing him I backed away out of his reach.  Totally embarrassed he does not take it well and advances on me.  Anticipating his reaction I stand firm until the last minute when he lunges at me and with one step I evade his grasp.  By then the other men in the group of watchers pull him away. We carry on with the class and finish at the usual time.  

 

A group of us walk together to our cars and I notice movement to my left.  Before I can turn the same young man from earlier in the evening grabs me and start yelling that I am nothing and he could have taken me down at anytime.  He said that he now has me just where he wants me, helpless and in his grasp.  Lydia advances and he warns her to stay where she is or he will hurt me.  I look at Lydia to let her know that I am all right.  By this time a crowd gathers and other men come forth to reason with the young man but he will not listen to reason.  He says that he will not hurt me he just wanted to show everybody that what I teach is useless to the women.  Bending to my right moves him off balance and I kneel and flip him over. The move surprises him and he releases me but this time I do not step away from him.  With my knee in his groin and my hand around his neck cutting off his airway I tell him to never touch me again.  By that time security has arrived and escorts the young man back inside. One of the other men follows the security detail inside.  Lydia and I follow.  

 

Knowing that I will make a formal report on this incident we head to her office and call the ‘agent in charge’ and explain what happened. The ‘agent in charge’ takes our statement and when he asked if anyone else witnessed this the young man who followed the security detail came into the office to confirm our statements. He said that his friend just broke up with his girlfriend and was a bit peeved with all women at the time and took it out on me.  He apologized for his friend but he knows that his friend needs more help than an apology.  If he can’t handle himself better than he did perhaps the FBI is not the place for him.

 

Lydia and I leave and when I make it home all I want to do is shower and go to bed.  I don’t even feel like eating even though I have not eaten since lunchtime. Jethro is down in his workshop and I don’t even go down there because he will know in an instant that something is wrong.  So I take a shower and get in the bed.  My mind is racing so much that I can’t fall asleep.  I didn’t want to hurt the young man but he was way out of line. I’m glad that I subdued him without causing too much damage.  He needs help.  Trying to stop thinking about it isn’t working and before I can get up to get a book to read to take my mind off of things I hear the bedroom door open.

 

“Alexis what’s wrong?”

 

I’m in trouble now.  He doesn’t call me Alexis unless it is serious.  Who told him what happened?”

 

“Who told you?”

 

“Tobias called me.  Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Because I handled it.  You don’t tell me every time you have an altercation.  It’s part of the job.”

 

“Alexis you were not working.  Now tell me what happened.”

 

“You said that Tobias told you so why do I have to repeat it?”

 

“Because I asked you to.”

 

So I tell him all that happened.  I feel better now that I’ve told him.  

 

“All right let me go turn off the lights downstairs and then I’ll take a shower and join you in bed.”

 

“I’ll probably be asleep by the time you make it back.”

 

“That’s good go to sleep.”

 

Oddly enough after talking with Jethro I fall fast asleep. The next morning I make it out of the house before Jethro wakes up and arrive at my office rested and ready to face the day.  At lunchtime instead of going out I decide to stay in my office and read.  Just before my lunch hour ends I hear a knock at my door and in walks Jethro and the young FBI agent.  I am surprised to see the young man.

 

“Mrs. Gibbs I’ve come to apologize to you for my actions of last night.  My name is Andrew Bowles and I was totally out of line and I sincerely regret what I did.  I understand that you were told that I had just broken up with my girlfriend and had it in for all women at the time of my actions but that was not the case.  The man who said that was not a friend of mine but a rival for my girlfriend’s affection.  He drugged my coffee while we were watching your training session last night and that was the cause for my odd behavior. I would never hurt a woman and definitely not a fellow agent.  Please accept my apology.  The other man in question has been disciplined and I wanted to thank you for reporting what happened because otherwise I would not have known the extent of what he did to me. Your classes provide a valuable resource to my fellow agents and I think that it would prove helpful to male agents as well.  Not necessarily the dancing but the defense techniques are some that I have never seen.”

 

“I accept your apology Agent Bowles and it appears that we were both injured by the actions of your rival.  Perhaps I will see you again during a training session.”

 

“Perhaps you will Mrs. Gibbs.  Thank you for your time.  Thank you Special Agent Gibbs for allowing me the time to apologize. Agent Fornell is waiting for me downstairs.  This young lady will escort me back to the front door.  Good bye.”

 

“Good bye Agent Bowles.”

 

Agent Bowles leaves and Jethro remains in my office.

 

“How and when did you meet up with Agent Bowles Jethro?”

 

“When Tobias called me last night and told me what happened I asked him to set up a meet and greet for this morning with the young man.”

 

“But why did you want to meet him, what did you have planned?”

 

“I just had a few choice words to share with him.  Not with my wife do you ever do such a thing and expect no repercussions.  Tobias had planned on sharing some words with the young man on my behalf but I opted to do it myself.  You are my wife and I protect and defend what is mine.”

 

“Yes I am and you are my hero but you do know that I can take care of myself.”

 

“Yes I do know that you can take care of yourself.  Tobias told me how everyone was so impressed with how well you took care of yourself but it doesn’t hurt to let folks know that other people look out for you too.”

 

“And I appreciate that very much.  Now get back to work so that I can get some work done.”

 

“So you’re kicking me out of your office.  What kind of thanks is that?”

 

“I will thank you very properly when we get home tonight but in the mean time come here so I can kiss you goodbye.”

 

“Is it safe, you know what your kisses do to me?”

 

“Yes it is safe plus it will tide me over until I see you at home tonight.  Now kiss me and go.”

 

So we kiss and he leaves.  That’s my husband, my protector, my defender, and my love. I have to thank him really ‘long and hard’ tonight for all that he did today.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.