Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

When one quiet weekend alone with the kids evolves into something much more.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 20    All in the family

 

 

Just one week after school ends we’re heading for a weekend at a cabin but not our cabin.  Our cabin has no electricity and no indoor plumbing and for this weekend excursion I want both of those things so I booked a cabin at a camping site not too far from DC.  This place has cabins with indoor facilities and electricity, a lake for kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and the sort.  It also has putt putt golf and other kid friendly activities.  When I told my parents about it they booked a cabin too.  They said that they didn’t want to miss out on the fun.  This particular weekend we will take Justin Sterns with us.  It is the Sterns wedding anniversary and I offered to take Justin so that they can have some alone time.  They appreciate it so much and I am happy to do it. Justin is such a sweet little boy and the twins love spending time with him.  Now of course we couldn’t have Justin without inviting Ashley Bancroft for Nicole.  The four of them all get along well so it is no hardship to have them join us for the weekend.  Our cabin sleeps six so we have enough room to accommodate everyone. Outside of the cabin is a fire pit so we will have someone to tell campfire stories and to roast marshmallows. We load up the SUV and head out. Justin and Ashley spend the night before with us because we want to get an early start.  My parents will meet us there.  Somehow word spread about our little getaway and now the Palmers, McGees, Vances are coming as are Tobias and Ducky who will share a cabin and Torres, Reeves, Bishop, Abby will also share a cabin for the same weekend. So now instead of a quiet getaway it will be more like a family reunion.  

 

Within hours of arriving everyone is settled in and heading to the lake for their activity of choice.  My father, Leon, Tobias, Ducky and Jethro all head to the fishing area.  The Palmers and McGees head to the kid’s play area while Torres, Reeves, Bishop and Abby head out to paddle board.  I just know that somehow they will make a competition of it.  They are so competitive.  I take Richard, Nicole, Justin and Ashley to the putt putt golf area and they have so much fun.  The good thing about this park is there is something for everyone to enjoy.  All of our cabins are near each other so we can congregate at any cabin and still not be too far from our own cabin.  After a few hours the fishermen return with their catch and prepare them for cooking.  I leave the cooking of the fish to the person who caught the fish.  I take the children in to wash their hands and then I prepare lunch for them.  Since Jethro deboned the fish I felt okay to add it to the children’s plates.  They ate it with gusto.  Soon my four little ‘musketeers’ were down for a nap and Jethro and I sit on the porch of the cabin and just relax.  We brought enough collapsible chairs for the six of us and I also brought a folding table in case the guys want to play cards or the kids want to play board games.  My mother and father came to sit with us on the porch and we just relax and chatting and wiled away the hour until the children woke from their nap.  

 

Everyone did his or her own thing during the day but on the first evening we decided to meet for a communal potluck dinner.  After the dinner we roasted marshmallows and then it is time for the children to go to bed.  I get the girls ready and Jethro gets the boys ready.  Once the children are settled in bed Jethro and I return to the porch and sit and talk.  Tobias and Leon walk down and join us and soon our porch is full with Abby, Bishop, Torres and Reeves.  The Palmers and McGees evidently have called it a night as have my mother and father.  Tomorrow everyone will go their own way and Jethro and I and the children will leave in the afternoon. 

 

When we do return home after dropping off Justin and Ashley at their homes we all agree that even though it was nice to get away to a cabin with all the amenities we still like our little cabin in the woods the best even if it has to lights or inside plumbing.  We are the Gibbs family and we are hardy folk.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Family and friends are life's treasures.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.