Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Now is Nicole's time to shine.  Jethro is so proud.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 27  That does not compute

 

 

(Margie)

 

Another teacher in service day and I have the twins with me on my day to work from home.  We have a schedule that we keep on such days and it helps to make the day go well.  After their nap I get a call from the office that they need me to come in.  Not wanting to take twins with me and my parents are out of town I call Jethro and ask if he can watch them and then bring them home with him since it’s near the end of his work day.  He agrees and they are excited to see their father.  I drop them off with Jethro and head to my office.

 

/

 

(Jethro)

 

I meet Margie at the front door and take the twins from their car seats.  They walk in to the office building with me through security and then up to my office.  I’ve already set up an area for them on the table in my office.  Margie sent with things that will keep them busy.  While they sit at the table I return to my desk to continue working on my files.  An hour later I get a call to go to MTAC. Now what will I do with the twins while I’m in MTAC. My answer arrives in the form of Bishop.  She heard that the twins were in the office and asked if she can take them down to the bullpen for a little while.  I tell her that she can and this helps me because I have to go to MTAC.  She says that she will watch them while I go.

 

/

 

(Bishop)

 

Richard and Nicole are so cute.  I still can’t believe that Gibbs has young children.  I don’t know how he has the energy to take care of young kids and work every day.  I can barely get up in the morning just taking care of me.  I set them up at the vacant desk at the rear of the bullpen.  They are such good kids too.  They don’t make a lot of noise and they don’t disturb us while we work.  I’m glad that we’re not working on any murder cases because I would not like to discuss such a case in front of the twins.  I hear McGee complaining about something about a computer search that he’s doing on one of the cases.  Not clear about some of the lingo that he’s using so I don’t respond.  I’m sure he’ll figure it out or go ask Abby for help.

 

/

 

(Jethro)

 

The call in MTAC doesn’t take as long as I expected so I walk to the bullpen to get Richard and Nicole to return to my office.  I don’t want them distract Bishop, McGee and Torres from their work.  As I walk down to the corridor towards the bullpen I hear McGee complaining about some computer something or another that isn’t working for him.  Then I hear something that surprises me,

 

“Mr. McGee is sounds like you need to use a different algorithm.  You might try…”

 

At that everyone stops talking.  Nicole looks around and sees me and asks,

 

“Daddy why did everyone stop talking?  Did I say something wrong?”

 

“No Nicole you didn’t say anything wrong.  I’m sure Agent McGee appreciates your help.  Don’t you McGee.”

 

McGee is staring at Nicole and then shakes himself out of his daze and responds to me.

 

“Yes Boss. I mean yes thank you Nicole. I will use that algorithm you suggested.”

 

McGee then presses keys on his computer and gasps, “I don’t believe it!  That worked!  How did you know that Nicole?”

 

“My mommy taught me.”

 

Torres chimes in, “and look McGee she didn’t have to go to Johns Hopkins or MIT to figure that out”.

 

Not wanting any arguing in front of the children I take Richard and Nicole back to my office.

 

“Nicole that was a good thing that you did for Agent McGee.  You helped him solve his problem.  I am proud of you and I am sure mommy will be too.”

 

“Thank you daddy.”

 

They go to the table and continue working on their projects. I smile to myself.  Margie and I have a little computer genius on our hands in Nicole.  Both of the twins love to work on computers but Nicole has a special affinity for it.






Chapter End Notes:

Love the relationship that Jethro has with Richard and Nicole and how they love their daddy.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.