Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 31  Move along, move on

 

“These aren’t the Droids you’re looking for…move along.”

 

 

After the events of the kidnapping and rescue, Jethro and Margie work to regain their equilibrium and act normal with each other and with others.  Even though Margie asked everyone to not act differently towards her they can’t help themselves with treating her as if she will break.  She figures that the only way for them to decide in their minds that she is okay is for her to do things that she always did and perhaps then they will ‘move along’, ‘move on’ just as she has.

 

To aid in this endeavor many things fall into place at the most appropriate times.  A running event in the area is scheduled for this coming weekend and Margie and Lydia are entered. Margie convinces McGee and Bishop to also participate.  At first they hesitate, thinking that Margie isn’t up for such but after talking with Gibbs, who tells them that “Margie knows what she’s doing”, they too sign up for the race.

 

Secretly McGee hopes that this time he can run head to head with Margie and come out the victor.  Bishop asks him why he is still hung up on besting Margie in a running event. McGee says he can’t explain it but it’s something that he wants to do.  He knows that it is not logical but at least it gives him an incentive to run fast.  Bishop just shakes her head and tells McGee that he needs to get over it because it’s childish.  McGee agrees with Bishop but still says that’s how he feels and until he bests Margie in the race he’ll continue to feel that way.  Bishop finally decides not to say anything more about it.  She thinks that sometimes people have to learn the hard way when to concede defeat.

 

Bishop’s just glad that Margie thought to ask her to participate. Since the rescue, months ago, Bishop has tried to behave normally around Margie but sometimes the thought of what happened pricks her thoughts and she finds herself not knowing what to say or how to act.  Bishop and Abby have talked about this and although they don’t want to do anything to make Margie feel worse about what happened, they still feel a bit hesitant when in her presence.  Perhaps time will improve things.

 

 

/

 

 

Race day and the weather is great and the runners are ready to start. Jethro and the twins are at the finish line.  Margie suggested that they wait there instead of trying to go from spot to spot to cheer her along the race route.  Margie’s parents opt to move from spot to spot so that Margie will have her own personal ‘cheering squad’ along the course.

 

Since it’s an early morning start, most of their friends will also meet at the finish line.  A celebration brunch is set for later at the Gibbs’ house.

 

All runners finish the race and McGee finally decides to let go of ever besting Margie at a running event.  He finished five minutes behind her.

 

/

 

At the celebration brunch the food is set out buffet style in the kitchen and chairs are placed around the dining room and living room for seating.  Everyone is glad to share this time with Jethro and Margie.  That’s something that has become quite evident in the past few months.  Their family and friends make time to share with Jethro and Margie.  Everyone agrees that almost losing their friends really makes them appreciate having them around.

 

In a corner in the living room Jethro set up the television so that everyone can get a view of the screen.  That’s not usual for Jethro.  He seldom watches television when he has guests. McGee asks him what are they watching and Jethro smiles and says, “Just wait, you’ll see.”**

 

Once everyone has settled in with their food Jethro turns on the television and on the screen that unforgettable scroll moves along the screen,

 

“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…  STAR WARS

 

There is quiet until Nicole says, “Mommy that’s your favorite movie!”

 

Then they all realize why Jethro has set up the television. He is doing whatever he can to let Margie know how much she is loved.  He arranged this get together.  Not wanting to be obvious everyone sneaks a peek at Margie who’s sitting on the sofa next to Jethro.  She takes his hand and kisses it and says, “Thank you.”  No other words are needed.

 

Everyone enjoys the food and the movie.  Some stay behind to help clean up.  Now everyone knows that Margie will be okay.  She is in ‘good hands’ with Jethro.  They can all now, ‘move along’.

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

A/N: Just a little something to lighten the mood after the ‘weight’ of the events in All Hands on Deck.

 

**refer to the story Incompatible

 

Coming soon a stand-alone multi-chaptered story titled, Overcoming Our Past.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.