Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 33  Decompress

 

The clear blue sky, the puffy clouds and the warm sunshine do nothing to brighten my mood.  Sure work moves on with its ever so quick pace.  But for the four of us, in our private moments, the underlying unease spreads like a spider’s web entangling each of us in its grasp.  Not acknowledging it only allows it to strengthen its hold on us.  Having endured all that has happened this year no one would fault us for feeling this way but this is not us.  We’re made of stronger stuff than that but when you see your loved ones struggling to move on you take action.

 

Whisking the family away to some sunny, tropical shore will not alleviate the weight of this sullenness.  It has not escaped my notice that the twins cling to us more than usual.  They try to keep a brave face but they’re too young to have to deal with any of this.  They need a release.  We all do.

 

 

By the time we reach our destination those sunny skies have changed to dark, menacing clouds that really do reflect our moods.  We unload and settle in and then it happens.  Those dark clouds burst and the raindrops fall.  As if drawn by a magnet we each find ourselves outside and the raindrops beat against that invisible web that entangles us in our sadness.

 

Out here the rain falls on our heads and drenches us as if washing away the hurt.  We can cry for no one can distinguish between our tears and the raindrops.  We each allow the rain to engulf us and we allow the tears to fall.  Those tears we have kept at bay so as not to cause the others to worry.  We say nothing.  In our own individual way we allow the rain to act as a cleansing agent and with that action we recalibrate our equilibrium. We regain our strength.  We begin anew.

 

All together we go back inside and start afresh.  Now in dry clothes and no longer weighed down with sorrow we find ourselves again.

 

We are the Gibbs family and we are strong.

 

 

 

A/N:  After the kidnapping (All Hands on Deck) and after the trial (Overcoming our Past) the Gibbs family regroups and refreshes.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.