Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

(A/N:  Thought that I’d write something a little light.  Fighting a cold and losing the battle.  Ready for the last Star Wars movie on December 19, 2019 so I have to get rid of this cold.)

 

 

 

Chapter 35 Smagetti

 

 

Coloring books and blocks are so much fun.  ‘Stay within the lines’, ‘the tree leaves are green’ and ‘the sky is blue’, are just a few of the instructions given as one teaches the little ones about their colors and shapes.  Richard and Nicole love to color and play with blocks.  Give them a coloring book or blocks and they will entertain themselves for a long time.  

 

This afternoon they’re at the daycare center for their socialization time.  Margie home schools them but on some afternoons she takes them to a daycare center for them to socialize with other children.  Children are not raised in a vacuum.  As they color they talk with the other children about the shapes and colors of their pictures.

 

Richard talks with one of the children sitting at the table about his red fire truck sand the blue balloon tied to the back of the fire truck.  The other little boy point out his black and white police car.

 

Nicole finishes her pictures and now plays with blocks.  She separates the yellow triangle blocks from the purple triangle blocks while the other little girl at the table separates her orange square blocks from her green square blocks.  The children are learning and having fun. 

 

Their time here is almost over and the twins wait for their mother to arrive to take them home.  Gathering their things together they watch the clock and the door waiting to see her face.  At the appointed time someone arrives but it’s not their mother.  “Daddy!” they both say aloud.  They rush to him hugging and kissing him.  Jethro doesn’t usually pick them up but today Margie called him to pick up the kids because she had an unexpected meeting at her office.  She knew that Jethro was in his office doing paperwork and not out in the field.  This doesn’t happen often so Jethro enjoys it when he can spend time with his children especially when they don’t expect to see him.  For the most part they see him in the morning and the evening.  So to see him in the afternoon is a treat for everyone.

 

Jethro and the twins arrive at home.  Richard and Nicole put their backpacks in the bench in the foyer and ask their dad if he will play with them in the backyard.  They do and laughs and squeals can be heard and they are having a good time.  Returning to the house they all clean up and Richard asks, “Daddy can we have smagetti?”  Jethro smiles and looks at his sweet little three-year-old son. “Spaghetti,” Jethro says.  “Spaghetti, daddy, yes that’s what I want.” Jethro picks him up and says, “Well you have to help me cook it.  Will you also help Nicole?”  Nicole reaches her arms up for Jethro to pick her up too and he does.  Once she’s settled in his arms Nicole finally says, “I want to cook spaghetti too daddy.”  Jethro puts them both down and says, “Okay let’s get what we need to make spaghetti.”  

 

They all three move around the kitchen gathering what they need to make the meal.  Nicole and Richard are very adept in the kitchen.  Margie lets them help her when she cooks and she talks to them while she cooks and tells them everything that she’s doing so today with Jethro they remember the ingredients needed so it’s a cooperative effort.  They finish just in time for as the garlic bread browns in the oven Margie walks through the door.

 

“Mommy!” they squeal as they rush to the door to greet her.  ‘Well how are my babies?  What have you been doing?”  Margie asks.  The children recount everything that they’ve done since they saw her when she dropped them off at the center and they end with, “We cooked dinner with daddy.”  At that Margie looks up at Jethro who stands in the living room waiting for his turn with Margie.  “You cooked dinner did you?  Well I’m so proud of you.”  Margie leans down and hugs and kisses Richard and Nicole.  Standing she walks to Jethro hugs and kisses him and says so that the children can hear her, “You are a good daddy.”  The twins walk over to their parents and hug them around their legs and Jethro and Margie relish the moment.  Jethro then says, “Let mommy wash up then we can eat.  Help daddy set the table.”  The twins gladly comply and the Gibbs family sit at the table and enjoy their dinner.

 

Another quiet night in the house of Gibbs.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.