Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

When you have twins sometimes you have double the trouble but it's all worth it in the end.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 9    Rebellion

 

When they call it the ‘terrible twos’ they were not lying. Our otherwise obedient children have transformed into creatures I do not recognize.  It is not that they misbehave it’s just that NO is now their go to word.  No matter what you ask them the answer is NO.  Ask them if they want to eat, NO; do they want to go to the park, which they love to do, NO; do they want a snack, NO; do they want to go with their grandparents, NO.  Who are these children and where have they taken my Richard and Nicole?

 

Did you ever see that movie, “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”, the 1956 version, where real people are replaced with things from a bean pod, that movie?  That is what has happened to my two beautiful children.  This is new for me; everything about children is new to me so I rely on Jethro a lot since he’s had a child before.  I follow his lead and he does a great job.  

 

Picture this Richard and Nicole are in their playroom and Nicole is playing with blocks while Richard is in the corner playing with his plastic trucks.  Richard gets up and goes over to Nicole and takes the blocks from her hands.  He’s never done that before.  He will usually gather his own blocks and play with them but no he leaves his toys and takes his sister’s blocks and says NO, those are his blocks.  My first reaction is to take the blocks from him and return him to the corner but instead I say to Richard,

 

“Richard since you are finish playing with your trucks your sister and I will play with them.  Come on Nicole let’s drive the trucks.”

 

Richard puts down Nicole’s blocks, rushes back to his trucks and puts them behind him so that we can’t touch them.  He stays in the corner with his trucks and Nicole continues to play with her blocks.  They can both talk so that you understand them.  

 

They say that this time doesn’t last long and the children are learning their independence.  That’s all well and good but I’m ready for this time to pass and move on to them talking and playing and all the good things.  But as with life you have to take the not so good with the good so it’s worth it in the end.  I’m surprised that my hair isn’t any grayer than it is.  I only have a few strands around the edges whereas Jethro has a full head of gray.  He had that before the children and I came along so he can’t blame us for it.

 

I’m biding my time until this rebellion of my children ceases and we can have peace again.






Chapter End Notes:

Thnx for reading the story.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.