Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Torres finally feels comfortable again around Margie Gibbs after his embarrassing incident at the dance club and then something happens.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

(This episode references the dance club scene from Chapter 4 of the story titled, The Respite)

 

 

Chapter 4    Getting over the Embarrassment

 

 

After McGee and Torres walked in on Mrs. Gibbs scantily dressed they both vowed that they would never put themselves is such a situation again so imagine Torres surprise when he realized on whom he had pressed himself while dancing at the club.  When the woman turned around and he saw it was Marjorie Gibbs he wanted the floor to open up and swallow him whole.  He apologized profusely and when he returned to the table where McGee and Reeves waited for him he knew that they would not let him live this down.  Thankfully Bishop came to his rescue and made them stop ribbing him.  The ladies left and the guys remained and danced the night away.

 

Torres was glad that he did not see Marjorie Gibbs for weeks after that.  Now that Gibbs is Assistant Director they don’t see him as often.  They do know that Gibbs and Marjorie still have lunch together once a week but they have not seen her since the club incident.  McGee and Reeves finally stopped talking about it and everything seemed to have fallen back into normalcy.

 

Maybe he spoke too soon but just as Torres turned from his desk to ask Reeves a question in walked Gibbs and Marjorie.  Torres turned a bright shade of multiple colors and rushed to exit the area.

 

“Torres where are you going.  Margie and I stopped by to say hello to you guys.  I haven’t seen you guys in a while and before Margie and I head out for lunch we just wanted to check on the team.  How is everyone?”

 

They all replied that they were fine.  Just as Margie and Gibbs turned to leave, Dr. Palmer came up and started to joke with Torres.

 

“So Torres are you still apologizing to Margie about the dance club incident?  I know that had to have been so embarrassing.”

 

“What are you talking about Palmer, what dance club incident and why is this the first time that I am hearing about this?”

 

With their backs to Gibbs and Margie, the team turns to Palmer trying to let him know not to pursue this conversation but as usual Palmer is a clueless as ever.

 

“Oh you didn’t hear about when McGee, Reeves and Torres went to the dance club and Torres stepped up to a lady dancing and...”

 

“I will finish telling the story Dr. Palmer.  Jethro on one of our dance club nights the ladies and I encountered Reeves, McGee and Torres and I gave Torres some pointers on his dancing.  That’s the gist of it, am I right everyone?”

 

They all said together, “That’s the gist of what happened and afterwards we had a great time dancing.”

 

Jethro looked at Margie, at his team, especially at Torres and shook his head and led Margie to the elevator.  He knew Margie well enough that no amount of coaxing will get her to change her story so he decided to leave it alone.

 

Torres breathed a sigh of relief and his eyes shot daggers at Palmer.  

 

“I was just getting over that embarrassment Palmer and you just brought it back to the forefront.  Can we forget about that please?”

 

“I’m sorry Torres, that was cruel of me to bring that up with Gibbs standing there.  He might have shot you.  Ha, ha.”

 

“If you don’t leave now Palmer I might shoot you.”

 

“Leave it alone Palmer.  Torres feels bad enough.  Margie explained it to Gibbs right in front of us so if you want to live a long life let it be. You do not want to get on the wrong side of Margie Gibbs.”

 

“Thanks for the warning Bishop.  I have heard how deadly she is.  Well let me get back down to autopsy.  Talk to you guys later.  Oh wait I came up here to give McGee the autopsy report.  Here you are McGee.”

 

“Thanks Palmer.”

 

They all settled back to work.  Torres learned a great lesson from all of this.  Ask permission to dance with a lady before pressing up on her.






Chapter End Notes:

Reviews are welcomed.  Thnx for reading.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.