Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The JOVAN Saga – A Collection of One-Shots

 

 

Chapter 21               Peace

 

Night has fallen and my day winds down.  Weary of all the things that clamor for my time I find solace in this moment, the calm and peace of my home.  My home.  It feels so good to say that. For so long where I lived was a place to lay my head after a hard day’s work and nothing more.

 

Now I can breathe.  Now my mind doesn’t dwell on the missteps, the mishaps, the missed opportunities, or on the mistakes.  Burying myself in work is no longer my option of choice.  For many years ‘getting lost’ in work allowed me to avoid the many issues that weighed me down and prevented me from facing and dealing with the things that I needed to change in my life.  That misery sank into my very essence and tainted everything and everyone I touched.  But no more.  My life took a turn for the better and in a crucial, life altering moment I had to decide to live a better life or die in misery.  I chose life.

 

That change in me has allowed me to actually feel.  You know how sometimes you arrive somewhere and can’t remember how you got there.  I breathe now and actually smell; I look now and actually see; I listen now and actually hear; but most of all I enjoy the ‘moment’.

 

Lying here in the dark, peace envelops me from my head to my toes.  I’ve stopped beating up myself for wasting so much time to get to this point.  I’m here now and will fight to my last breath to keep this joy in my life.

 

My heart overflows with love.  My brain almost short circuits with the ecstasy of knowing that this is mine and mine alone.  Rolling over I snuggle up to my joy made manifest.  Burying my nose in her hair I luxuriate in the silkiness and the clean smell.  My fingers stroll down her hips and I try not to wake her.  Soon my hand cannot resist moving forward and rest itself on her belly.  Soon I feel her hand cover mine and I whisper in her ear, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.”  I can feel her cheek rise in a smile and she pats my hand and says, “That’s all right.”  Then there’s a push against my hand.  She also feels it.  Then I feel another push and I rub my hand over her swollen belly and the pushing stops.  I hear her whisper, “He knows his daddy is home. He just wanted to say hi.”  I gently move closer to her and kiss her cheek.

 

Soon we all three fall into a restful, peaceful slumber but not before I tell her, as I usually do each night, “I love you Evangeline.” And she responds, “I love you John.”












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.