Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The JOVAN Saga – A Collection of One-Shots

 

 

 

Chapter 6     Lost and Found

 

 

 

Part 1    Lost

 

What kind of friend do you call yourself?  With a friend like you who needs enemies.  This behavior exactly shows that you never cared for her, hah let alone loved her.  Can’t fool anyone anymore with the ‘she means a lot to me too’ or ‘we’re still close’.  No one’s foolish enough to believe that nonsense dribbling from your mouth.  As soon as she was out of sight you forgot all about her.  So what if she could not respond to your conversation, the least you could have done was to converse with her.  After all she forgave you for all that you put her through and you didn’t have the decency to visit her one time when they moved her to the facility closer to her mom. Well better for her to be rid of your garbage of a friendship.  She would have done better to be friends with your doorknob that probably has more life, compassion, and heart than you.  Oh but you don’t know about feelings anyway so what’s the difference between you and the doorknob.  Ah but you do know how to hurt other people especially women who have the misfortune to care for you or stupid enough to fall in love with you. At least our girl had the sense to leave when she did.  She called you on you s*** and left you with your jaw hanging because you thought that she would stay around and hang onto your every word and give you time to move at your own pace.  A snail moves faster than you do.  Top it all off she had to suffer at the hands of someone who wanted to get back at you and instead of them hurting you they hurt her to the core.  Did it really affect you what they did to her and Natalie because of you?  They were after you and they paid for it but what did it cost you. NOTHING.  Too bad Natalie didn’t have sense enough to leave but well she has her own issues.

 

Now three years later this lovely lady lies in a coma that the doctors have deemed irreversible, so no chance of recovery.  What a waste!  She should have left Llanview years ago, poor heart. But she’s a tough one and decided that no one would run her from her home.  Her parents had dealt with this same racist group when she was a child and she recognized the symbol on something that was left at the crime scene otherwise your bumbling Keystone Cops would never have the slightest clue. Where did you guys learn law enforcement and get your badges, from the insides of a cereal box?  Good grief for years you guys have been inept and you the most inept.  She subjected herself to hypnosis to help you idiots find Natalie and did she get any accommodations for that?  NO!  A heartfelt thank you? NO!  What she got was walking in on you kissing Natalie when you said that Natalie didn’t mean anything to you.  LIAR, liar your pants are on fire!  Well she’s away from Llanview now but not living the good life.  She’s in a coma and no a coma is not going to sleep for a long time you dope.  Why did she waste a year of her life on you when you couldn’t spend one hour to visit her in the hospital since she went into the coma.  Three years and you could not spare one hour or sixty minutes of your time to go and talk to her even if she can’t talk back.  Or maybe that’s why you don’t go because if she could talk back she would probably tell you that you are still pathetic.

 

After all you did to insert Natalie into your relationship with her, you and Natalie are still not together.  Sounds like she was right during the diner conversation, before Todd’s verdict came in, that she didn’t think that you could love anyone because she saw you and Natalie together arguing.  She had you pegged right didn’t she? 

 

Her sister Layla now works for the Llanview Police Department and just asked if she can have time off to go visit her sister.  That sounds ominous.  Does that mean that she’s getting better or does that mean that she is getting worse?  You don’t even ask, you jerk, you just tell Layla that yes she can have the time off.  You do ask for the location of the hospital in case you need to contact Layla.  

 

Get a spine dude; grow a pair; what is wrong with you?  Oh right, you have childhood trauma issues that you’re dealing with blah, blah, blah.  Who doesn’t’ have childhood trauma issues to deal with, you are a grown behind man, grow up and get on with life instead of trying to sit in the dark sucking your thumb like a child.  Your mother should have slapped you out of it but I found out that she hasn’t recovered from your father dying either so she still walks around in a fog so I guess you come by it honestly one would think that you’d rather not repeat her mistake.  Look at your brother Michael he seems to have made a life for himself with Marcie.

 

Why am I talking to myself like this?  Other than the part about Layla asking for time off I have had this conversation with myself numerous times so why now?  Duh maybe your mind is trying to tell you that you’re running out of time.  Out of time for what?  Guess genius!  Layla comes in asking for time off so something is soon to happen to Evangeline.  Do you have some unfinished business to handle with her?  You know that you do so like the Nike slogan says, JUST DO IT.

 

I get up from my desk and go to Bo’s office and request emergency time off of a few days.  He grants it because I’ve been working non-stop lately and I call the airlines and get a flight out in an hour.  Before leaving, I post a note on my door, 

 

‘I’m Lost!  

 

I’ve Gone To Look For Myself. 

 

If I Should Return Before I Get Back, 

 

Please Ask Me To Wait Here.'






Chapter End Notes:

And so the journey begins.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.