Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Certain actions have consequences and how we deal with them may affect others.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The JOVAN Saga – A Collection of One-Shots

 

 

Chapter 2    After The Basement

 

In a matter of a week I go from a relationship with RJ Gannon to having sex with John McBain in a client’s girlfriend’s basement.  What is wrong with me?  I don’t just sleep with someone like that but I do have to admit that it was amazing and embarrassing.  Embarrassing because the client’s girlfriend found us asleep and naked in her basement, although a blanket covered us.  To top it all off RJ suspected something was happening between John and me and confronted me at the diner and accused me of having an affair with John. Technically it wasn’t an affair it was only one night but oh what a night.  Found out that RJ was following me and so I ended our relationship.  He was none too happy about that.

 

John and I continue to see each other off and on, more off than on, but only in his room and only for sex.  What is the term for that, oh yeah booty call?  My how the mighty have fallen.  Do I no longer have any scruples or morals?  Well we are two consenting adults so I guess it is permitted but my mother would not be happy about it.  Weeks roll by and we see each other around town and on occasion end up in his bed.  I guess this is what we do to release our tension.  We both have stressful jobs and when we are together nothing else matters.

 

Two months after the basement encounter I’m at home in my apartment when I start to have strong back and abdominal pains.  I call my doctor and fortunately she has an opening.  Making it to her office within thirty minutes the pain increases.  Sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor I feel moisture between my legs and it rolls down my legs.  Just as I look down the doctor enters the room.  She sees me looking down and notices the blood rolling down my legs and dripping on the floor.

 

“Ms. Williamson are you on your period and don’t have a sanitary napkin?”

 

“No, doctor my period is not due for two weeks.  I just started bleeding while sitting here. I am so sorry to make such a mess.”

 

“Don’t worry about that just go in the bathroom and clean up and I will have my attendant to clean up in here and then we will examine you and find our what’s wrong. You did leave a urine specimen when you came in didn’t you?”

 

“Yes I did Dr. Steiner.  I’m glad that I was able to do that before the bleeding started.  Let me clean up and thanks for the sanitary napkin and the disposable panties.”

 

It takes several minutes for me to clean up the blood, wash up and put on the sanitary napkin and disposable panties.  I return to the exam room, which is now thoroughly cleaned, and sit on the exam table.  Dr. Steiner has me to remove everything below my waist and to put my legs in the stirrups.

 

“What caused the bleeding Dr. Steiner and the back and abdomen pains?  Did my period come early?”

 

“Evangeline I’m sorry to tell you this but you had a miscarriage.  Since you said that your period was due in two weeks I take itthat you did not know that you were pregnant.”

 

“No, I did not. Can you tell how far along I was?”

 

“Perhaps 7 or 8 weeks.  Have you had periods in that time period?”

 

“I have been so busy lately I really can’t tell you but I’m sure that I probably had them in the last two months.  Two months that would mean…”

 

“That would mean what Ms. Williamson?  You do take preventative measures don’t you?”

 

“Yes Doctor I do but evidently either it didn’t work or I forgot to use it.  So how do you know that I had a miscarriage?”

 

“When we cleaned up the blood that you discharged we found the remnants of the fetus and plus we tested your urine and you were pregnant.”

 

“I can’t believe this.  I was pregnant but now I’m not.  Did I do something wrong to cause this miscarriage?”

 

“Ms. Williamson, don’t think of it like that.  It evidently was not a viable pregnancy and the body released it.  I am sorry for your loss.  There is nothing to prevent you from getting pregnant later.  Do you have any other questions?”

 

“Doctor I don’t know what questions to ask.  This has never happened to me before and I am not one to be careless with birth control.  I take that matter very seriously.”

 

“No birth control is 100% effective Ms. Williamson as you know.  Perhaps something interfered with the effective of your pill.  Take a look at this list of things that may counteract your birth control pill.  Have you used any of these items?”

 

“No Dr. Steiner I have not used any of these items or ingested any of these foods.”

 

“That’s good to know so we can eliminate those as the cause.  Perhaps with your busy schedule you forgot to take your pill or you did not double up and have your partner use a condom.”

 

“I doubt that I would forget but it is possible.  Either way I was pregnant but now I am not.  I must double my efforts to make certain that this does not happen again until I am ready to have a baby.  But I am all right though?”

 

“Yes you are Ms. Williamson.  You should not experience any ill effects from this.  If that is all you may get dressed. Call me if you think of any questions that we did not answer here today.”

 

“Thank you Dr. Steiner for seeing me on such short notice.  This has been quite an experience and one I do not wish to repeat. Good bye.”

 

“Good bye Ms. Williamson.  The aide will show the way out.”

 

Totally bewildered I make my way to my car and back to my apartment. As soon as I make it home I rush to the bathroom to take a shower.  All I can think about during the shower is that I was pregnant and now I am not. But whose baby was it?  Was it RJ’s or John’s baby?  RJ and I were together 2 ½ months ago and John and I had our first encounter 2 months ago.  This is a messy situation.  I won’t tell either of them.  It will only complicate things and any way I no longer have the baby.  A baby.  I was going to have a baby.  I finish the shower, dress and just lie in bed trying to gather my thoughts.  A fine mess I made of things.  I have no idea how I forgot to take my pill the day that John and I had sex. I do know that John did not use a condom.  That was probably when I got pregnant.  Well I am not in a committed relationship with anyone, especially John, so having a baby would really have complicated things to no end. That’s not to say that I am glad that the baby is gone it makes me a bit sad that I lost him/her but how do you mourn something you didn’t know that you had?  Well this is a wake up call for me not to sleep around and definitely to take my pill every day.  I will not go through this again.  






Chapter End Notes:

Some things are better left unsaid.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.