Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Gia Campbell began unbutton her oversized plaid shirt as she raced up the old wooden stairs of her apartment building.  She was careful to avoid touching the smoke faded white wallpaper. She had less than an hour to get ready for her night.

She needed a quick shower to wash the smoke smell from her hair. She would not use the bare minimum of makeup. He liked her as natural as possible. Her red and pink box braids were perfect. Gia decided to use the jasmine and vanilla oil which not only smelled great but added a glow to her warm caramel skin. Her nails would need a touch up but she would be perfect. This night would be perfect. Gia promised herself months ago that she was going to save her family no matter the cost.

“Where have you been?” The deep voice traveled down the stairwell to her.

Gia sighed as she stomped up the final flight of stairs at her brother Alexander not needing to gage his mood. Many people would prefer ‘hi’ or ‘hey’ not this one. It was five in the evening. Sun was shining, birds were chirping, the type of day the most men loved to be at the park hitting on girls. So why wasn't he smiling? Why was he hiding in the house?

“At work, private party, as you know.” She brushed past him and opened the door of the two-bedroom apartment. Her long dark hair cascaded over her shoulder. She wore old denim jeans with a white tank top.

Alexander’s folded well-muscled arms across his chest. He stood in the hallway of their just outside their apartment waiting on her return. The mousey woman from down the hall kept peeking out her door at him. Gia flipped her off. All the women in the complex stared at Zander. She guessed he was cute. He definitely had a rock hard body; they went to the gym five times a week. Shoulder length chocolate brown hair and those giant puppy dog eyes made him irresistible to the female sex.

“Jason’s been looking for you. Johnny’s been here twice.” He said of her boss and followed her into her bedroom.

“I know the birthday party.” She opened the closet door and took out a too small red and black plaid skirt, a white shirt she knew would accentuate her ample bosom, and black stilettos.

At nineteen Gia had been dancing at the Club Domino for three years and she was tired of it. She was not going to end up one of those haggard whores, looking twenty years older than she was. She had plans to move up the social ladder and Jason Morgan was going to help her do it.

“So it’s tonight?” Zander asked from the door. Gia had been planning Morgan’s seduction for over a month now. She was determined to have him in her bed, again.

The situation was more difficult because Zander was living with her and no one knew the pair was siblings.

Of course, the fact that he was white with brown hair and brown eyes while she had a warm caramel complexion and brown eyes could have deceived anyone. They looked like lovers to others when in actuality they shared a deadbeat father who, after a drinking binge, raped Gia’s sixteen-year old mother. He went to jail. Zander’s mother was a prostitute who abandoned him. Gia’s mom died during childbirth. Their paternal grandmother, Lucy, raised them. She died in a car accident when Gia was fourteen. They had to hustle ever since. Now, he tended bar and she danced for mobster Michael “Sonny” Corinthos. 

“Yep, Carly’s with Dr. Drake, Robin is in Paris and Sam just slept with his worst enemy. Elizabeth is fucking God knows who. It’s the perfect time. He's vulnerable.” She packed her bright red duffle bag.  “Did you get it?”

He gave her a croaked smile and handed her the tiny vial. “Add it to his drink. It’s just enough to loosen him up but keep him in control. Do you want me to give you the shot?”

“Yes please,” Gia took the tiny vile out of the refrigerator and handed him a fresh needle. Once every night for the last month, they repeated the ritual. “If everything goes right I won’t be home tonight.”

There was a sudden pounding at the door. Zander sighed before tossing the needle in the trash.

“You don’t need to do this. We will find a better way.” Zander said ignoring the knock.

“I told you big brother. You took care of us now it’s now it’s my turn. Will you watch Sammy for me?” He nodded. She kissed his cheek before opening the door to the waiting guard. “You can lay of the damn door.”

Zander shook his head as he watched her push the bag at the thug. Gia had balls.  He moved to the window cursing their father with every step. Jason had sent a black limousine. Of course he had. Zander's eyes softened as she slid into the leather confines.

She wanted so much for them. They dropped out of high school when their grandmother died. The state wanted to split them up so they ran away and changed their names. He got them new social security numbers and found them a place to stay. It was a roach-infested motel but it was a roof over their heads. He got a job at a bar and Gia work the food court at the mall until a guard for Sonny Corinthos offered to hook her up at the Catalyst, a strip club. Zander was furious. She was only sixteen when she started but no one checked to make sure her I.D. was valid. Of course she was a hit. Even stone-faced Jason Morgan took notice.

Tonight would not be the first time they were together. When she first started at the club.

Jason had just began climbing the latter within Sonny’s organization. Zander knew he was still confused about relationships but he did not care. Gia had a crush on the man. When he asked for sex, she gave it to him in a cheap motel room off some highway. He left her three hundred dollars and enough for a cab ride back to town then he disappeared for a year. When he came back, she was still at the club only they had an addition to their family, Samuel Dean. He looked like a tiny version of his father though no one noticed. Gia arranged to share a sitter with another stripper. It was cheaper and since the other kid was four it was easy. Still, they were struggling. Rent, food, diapers, clothes…she was right if they were going to do this now was the time. Morgan was venerable. Zander just hoped they did not regret it.   

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.