Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Introducing a new character in this chapter.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

 

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Finding My Way

 

(Here we introduce a new character, Alexandria Ambrose, an attorney in a major law firm in Washington, DC.  Not all is as it seems with Ms. Ambrose.  Sit back, relax, sip your tea/coffee and all will reveal itself in due time.)

 

Chapter 4

 

Alexandria Victoria Ambrose finishes up her file and powers down her computer and prepares to leave her office for the day.  Another successful day in court and she has the weekend ahead to celebrate. As she departs her office she hears someone call her name,

 

“Ms. Ambrose, may I see you in my office for a moment?  It won’t take long.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Dexter.”

 

She walks upstairs to Mr. Dexter’s office and his receptionist opens the door for her to enter.  Inside she finds Mr. Dexter and two of the senior partners of the firm all sitting at the large table in Mr. Dexter’s office.

 

“Ms. Ambrose, Alexandria, I’m sure you wondering why I’ve called you here at this late hour but there is something that we want to discuss with you.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Dexter, what would you like to discuss with me?”

 

Then Mr. Rosen and Mr. Lovell stand with Mr. Dexter and say together,

 

“Congratulations Ms. Ambrose!”

 

“Sirs, thank you for the congratulations but I don’t understand why you are congratulating me?

 

“We congratulate you on making partner in the firm.  Your work has been outstanding and your clients have nothing but good things to say about you and we feel that we would do ourselves a disservice by not offering you a partnership in this firm.”

 

“Your offer is very generous and I thank you individually and collectively.”

 

“We will have a meeting with the other partners on Monday but we wanted to tell you first.  Your work for us in the London office is what settled the decision for us.  Your leadership and stewardship of that office allowed us to see your full worth to this firm. We thank you for choosing us as your employers.”

 

“Well thank you Mr. Rosen for that vote of confidence.  Is there anything else sir?”

 

“No, you may leave Ms. Ambrose.  Thank you and have a good weekend.”

 

“Mr. Rosen, Mr. Lovell and Mr. Dexter, thank you so much for this opportunity.  Good night.”

 

With that I return to my office and collect my purse and briefcase and head out to the garage for my car and my ride home.  My what a way to end a Friday and to start a weekend!  And I have to thank Uncle Stephen for making all of this possible.  I call his cell phone and he answers on the first ring.

 

“Uncle Stephen guess what.  They made me a partner today!  My work in the London office is what clinched it. I owe it all to you.  You made all of this possible for me. I can never thank you enough.”

 

“No thanks necessary, Victoria.  That’s what family is all about.  I will always be here for you my lovely niece. Never forget that.  Now enjoy your weekend and I will talk with you next month.  I’m on my way to Greece to take care of some business so I will be out of touch for a few weeks.  I will call you when I make it back to London.”

 

“Okay Uncle Stephen.  Have a good trip.  I love you.”

 

“I love you too Victoria.”

 

I make it to my apartment and settle in for the evening.  A nice hot shower, a tasty dinner and a good book fill my evening.  Relaxing on the sofa I think about how far I’ve come in the past few years.  None of this would have been possible without Uncle Stephen. I have everything that I’ve worked so hard for coming to fruition.  But, but something is missing.  Other than Uncle Stephen I have no one with whom to share this good news. Alexandria takes time to think about her situation:

 

[I can’t second-guess my decisions now. I’ve worked hard to make this life for myself. ‘ Life on my terms’ is what I said to Uncle Stephen when he explained everything to me.  I can’t have any regrets now.  No turning back.  Everything is legal and above board, he made sure of that, but why now do I feel that something is missing in my life?  Am I destined to live this life alone?  Is that the price I must pay for my decisions?  Alexandria you are strong.  Don’t waver now.  Too much is at stake.  Hold the course and it will all be worth it in the end.  You’ve gained more than you have lost remember that.]

 

Now with a new resolve Alexandria savors the moment and her mind eases about the hard decisions that she had to make.  

 

[Now the option of my returning to London is clearly possible.  All my hard work there has made my success here in the States even more valuable to the firm.  A future in London is what I want and with occasional visits to the US it is a dream realized.]

 

With that settled I enjoy the news of my promotion and head for bed.






Chapter End Notes:

Thnx for reading.  Hope to finish this before the weekend. If I do consider it my early Christmas present as I will take a break from posting until the new year.  Thnx for all of your support.

To all of my reviewers, you know who you are and all of my readers, thns for making this writing journey such an adventure this year.  I only started writing in June of this year and it has been amazing.  

If you don't know by now I am a huge JOVAN fan.  Sometimes my stories end happily and other times they don't but the premise remains the same, Evangeline and John.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.