Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline returns to Llnanview to settle some things.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Taking the long way home

 

Thoughts are captured in /italics/

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Three days later, Evangeline is back at her office finalizing the transfer of her clients.  She met with the judges yesterday and each and every one of them were so supportive of her. All that she said to Nora was that she had a tremendous job opportunity in the city where her friend, Nina, lives and could not pass up this opportunity.  Although Nora tried Evangeline did not give her any more information.  She is able to sublease her apartment as her lease isn’t up until next year.  She has dinner with John tonight.  She returns to Nina’s on tomorrow.

 

/I am so nervous about meeting with John. He can read me very well and I must not give anything away while I’m here in Llanview because knowing him he will not let me return to Nina’s and I can’t have my baby here./

 

John was overjoyed to finally here from Evangeline.  She called him and invited him to dinner.  He tried to get more information as to where she went but she said that she would tell him when he comes for dinner on Friday. She did ask him to put in for time off this weekend.  He did and Bo approved it.  The two of them haven’t had any time together in the last few weeks and she seldom asks him to take time off so he jumped at the chance.

 

With him due at Evangeline’s at 7:00 pm., John left work to go to his apartment to shower and change.  He decided to buy her some flowers and so stopped at the florist on his way to her apartment.  

 

(Knock, knock)

 

Evangeline opens the door and allows John to enter the apartment.

 

“Something smells good.  Is that your famous lasagna?”

 

“Yes, it is.  Have a seat while I finish up in the kitchen.”

 

Evangeline returns to the kitchen to bring out the food to the dining area and John goes to the kitchen sink to wash his hands.

 

“What’s the special occasion.  I can’t remember the last time that you cooked lasagna?”

 

“Just thought that you might like it.  We haven’t spent much time together lately so I thought that I might do something special.”

 

“Well thank you Ms. Williamson I appreciate the effort.”

 

“You are welcome Mr. McBain.”

 

They both sit at the table and after blessing the food they start eating.  

 

“So where have you been?”

 

“John don’t talk with your mouth full.  I went to visit a friend.  It was an emergency visit.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.  Are they all right?”

 

“There are still some things that she needs to take care of but I’m hoping that everything works out well for her.”

 

“Well I hope so too.  Why did you want me to take off for the weekend?  Are we doing something?”

 

“Yes we are.  I need to return to my friend and I would like for you to go with me.”

 

“Why do I need to go?  Do I know this friend?”

 

“John please don’t interrogate me.  I just want you to come with me.  Can you do that?”

 

“Evangeline I’m not trying to upset you but you have to admit that this is a bit strange.  We don’t usually just go away for the weekend.  Is there something that you’re not telling me?”

 

Evangeline’s nerves are frayed and this conversation isn’t going as she would like it to go.  She has to convince him to go with her or all of her plans will fail.

 

“John I want to spend some time with you away from Llanview. Is that so hard to understand?  We can’t get a moment’s peace here without being interrupted.  Can you give me two days of your uninterrupted time?”

 

“You’re right Evangeline.  I’m sorry that it seems like I don’t want to go away with you.  I do.  So when do we leave?”

 

“After dinner.”

 

“Which car are we taking, mine or yours?”

 

“Neither, we’re getting car service to the airport.”

 

“Airport?  So we’re flying somewhere but I didn’t pack a bag.”

 

“You won’t need one.  We can buy what we need when we arrive.”

 

“Well Ms. Big Spender when did you win the lottery?”

 

“John what do you think I do with my money? I charge the big bucks so that I can have the big bucks.”

 

“Well excuse me Ms. Money Banks.  So let’s eat and hit the road.”

 

“Thanks for agreeing to come John.”

 

“What would you have done if I had not agreed.”

 

“I would have spiked your beer and kidnapped you.”

 

/I breathe a sigh a relief now that John has agreed to go with me back to Nina’s.  I know that he will have questions on the flight there so I am glad that I did put that sleep aid in his lasagna.  It should take affect by the time we board the plane./






Chapter End Notes:

Drum roll please...  How will John respond to Evangeline's news?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.