Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Working on Christian's case proves not easy task for Evangeline and add to that the frustration of her relationship with John.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

ILLUMINATION

 

(that.d***.pebbles, this is the chapter in which I have tried to weave in your suggestion for the story plot.  As I stated I might not be able to incorporate all of your suggestion into this story but I gave it the ‘old college try’.  Hopefully it meets your approval.  Thnx for your continued support of my stories.)

 

Chapter 4  Disruptions and delays

 

 

Two weeks later, little progress has been made in Christian’s case but the identity of the guilty party has not been revealed.  Everything comes to a grinding halt when the Killing Club Killer kidnaps Evangeline from the Woman of the Year banquet.  She and Natalie are missing for three days.  On the third day John gets a clue as to their whereabouts and he and other officers race to the community center.  Upon arrival John and the officers bust into the gym and find Evangeline and Natalie tied to the basketball goal posts and fires blazing at their feet.  John stands there looking at both women trying to decide whom to rescue first when two of the officers rush pass him.  One officer releases Evangeline and the other officer releases Natalie.  In the background a third officer finds a man hiding in the bleachers and handcuff him.  Paramedics arrive and the women are rushed to the hospital.

 

At the police station, officers interrogate the man found in the gym and he confesses and gives information on his accomplice.  They are both arrested and bound over for trial.

 

At the hospital the families of both women surround them and offer their support. Two days later they are both released from the hospital and return home.  Neither woman has spoken with John since that day in the gym.

 

Evangeline recovers and resumes work on Christian’s case as well as others in her caseload. Antonio meets regularly with his private investigators but they have little to report.  They complain that as soon as they get a lead on the case the witness vanishes or the witness recants their story.  Everyone is frustrated until Evangeline receives a call from Christian.  He reports to her that several inmates are planning a prison break. Calling Antonio she asks that he meet her at John’s office at the police station.

 

“John, Christian has informed me that there is a planned prison break.  We have to do something to help him.”

 

“What can we do Evangeline?  The prison is not my territory.”

 

“You can do something John other than sitting on your sorry bottom.  Rest assured that if something does happen to Christian you can add that to you list of failures.”

 

“John, Evangeline is right.  We have to do something.  Talk with the warden.  At least alert him to it.  He might need to put Christian in solitary for his own safety.”

 

“I will call the warden Antonio but I don’t know what more I can do.”

 

“Come on Antonio let’s go.  I knew that John wouldn’t do anything.  He has such a difficult time making decisions.”

 

John looked up at her sharply he knew that she was referring to his hesitation at the gym.  She will never forgive him for that.  After all of his efforts to get her to even talk to him the one time that he could have made a unquestionable action to let her know that she is first with him, he froze.  He didn’t rescue her first, second or last.  He didn’t rescue her at all.  He didn’t put her first.

 

“Where are you two going?”

 

“We’re going to the prison ourselves.”

 

Unknown to those in John’s office someone was listening from the hallway.  They too will make a visit to Statesville Prison.

 

By the end of that night all h*** broke loose at the prison.  Hostages were taken and rescued.  One prisoner was killed and one made a confession. Christian was transferred to St. Anne’s for observation.  A few days later Evangeline was in court with Antonio to watch the Judge overturn Christian’s conviction and order his release.  The Vegas had their Christmas present with Christian’s  homecoming.

 

 

(Whew! Are you readers as winded as I am because an awful lot happened in this chapter?  Kidnappings and a prison riot oh my!  Now that is over we all need a rest.  :>o)






Chapter End Notes:

Glad to make it past that major drama.  Now we hope for smooth sailing as if that is possible with one Evangeline Williamson.  There's always something dramatic happening with our heroine.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.