Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

John meets with Antonio and discusses the DNA report.  Tempers flare.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

ILLUMINATION

 

(Since I didn’t receive many suggestions as to the plot course for this story I will proceed with my initial ideas.  Pebblesthnx for your suggestion.  I might be able to weave part of it into the story but not all of it.  Enjoy!)

 

 

Chapter 2    Telling the Truth Part 2

 

I’m standing here in my apartment not understanding what just happened. I know that I showed the DNA report to Evangeline and Natalie.  Natalie said that I kept it secret because I wanted her and I told her no I didn’t.  Evangeline advised me to retain a lawyer and left.  She didn’t rant or rave, she didn’t cry, she didn’t shout, she just said what she said and left.  I was too stunned to even run after her.  I remember telling her that I couldn’t change for her and I told Natalie that I’m not her soul mate.  I expected flack from Natalie but I thought at least Evangeline would have more to say about my keeping secret about the DNA results but she just quietly listened to me explain.  Coming to my senses I notice that Natalie is still here in my apartment.

 

“Natalie why are you still here?  I have nothing more to tell you.”

 

“You can tell me the truth John.  Evangeline is not here now so you can tell me the truth that you love me and you kept the DNA results secret because you wanted Christian locked up so that you and I can be together.”

 

I can’t take this anymore.  No matter what I say to Natalie she wants to believe what she wants to believe but I don’t have time for this.  I have to find Evangeline but first I have to go and talk with Antonio. Evangeline was right about one thing that she said.  Antonio will not be happy to know that I knew all along that John Doe was Christian.  Grabbing Natalie by the arm I lead her to the door but not before picking up the key that Evangeline left and putting it in my pocket.  She may not want it now but I hope to convince her to take it back.

 

“John where are we going?  Let go of me!”

 

“Natalie I don’t care where you go but you can’t stay here in my apartment.  I have things that I must do.”

 

“Can I come with you?”

 

“No.”

 

“Well I’m coming any way.”

 

“Suit yourself but you’re not riding with me.”

/

With that parting remark John leaves Natalie standing in the lobby of his building and heads to his car.  He arrives at Antonio’s apartment and hesitates at the door before knocking. He tries to get his thoughts together as to how best to present this to Antonio.

 

(Knock, knock)

 

The door opens,

 

“John what can I do for you?  Come in.”

 

“Thanks Antonio.  I have something important that I need to discuss with you.  Do you have time?”

 

“Sure, Jaime’s with RJ tonight so I’m free. Sit down.  You look a little worried.  This Killing Club case got you down?”

 

“No, no something else.  What I have to say is difficult to say but I have to tell you something that I have kept secret for some time now.”

 

“Don’t tell me that you’re a cross dresser because then I will lose my bet.” Antonio laughs but he sees that John does not and he knows that this is a serious matter.

 

“Antonio your brother Christian is alive. Here is the DNA test that I had done before John Doe or Christian was sentenced.  Right after the sentencing I went to the prison and talked with John Doe.  At that time he told me that he remembered that he is Christian Vega but asked me not to tell anyone.”

 

“What do you mean that you knew all those months ago and you didn’t tell me John?  How could you do that?”

 

“Christian asked me not to tell you.  He didn’t want his family to waste their lives on him.  He was facing a life time in prison and didn’t want to burden you guys.” 

 

“But John he wasn’t in his right mind. He was tortured and brainwashed. Why would you agree to anything that he asked you and how could you not tell me?  Did you do this so that you could be with Natalie?  You let my brother go to prison so that you could have his wife.  What kind of man are you?  I could kill you right now.  Does Evangeline know?”

 

“Yes I told her and Natalie tonight.”

 

“So you kept this from Evangeline too. I didn’t know that you could stoop so low John.  You did all of this just so that you could be with Natalie.  She’s nice looking and all but man is she really worth that much to you?

 

“Antonio I did not do this to have Natalie. I am not in love with her. I only kept it secret because Christian asked me to keep it secret.  After all he got involved in this because of me so the least I could do for him was to do as he asked.”

 

“It still doesn’t make any sense to me John. Right now what I need to do is get a lawyer for my brother and get him out of prison.”

 

“That may not be as easy as you think Antonio. Christian did kill your brother Tico Santi.”

 

“Under extenuating circumstances John.  I need to talk with Evangeline.  Is she still talking to you after your big reveal tonight?”

 

“Evangeline broke up with me earlier today before she learned about Christian.”

 

“Well I guess that means you are in the doghouse.  I have to go now and talk with Evangeline.”

 

“I’ll come with you.”

 

“She may not want to see you John and I really need for her to help me get Christian released.”

 

“I don’t care I’m coming any way.  She can kick me out when we get there if she wants.”

 

“All right let me get my keys and we can go. I’ll meet you there.  Don’t go up before I do because I don’t want her in a bad mood when I ask for her help.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Now what?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.