Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Summary: It's best to read the first part but Uhura just got engaged to Commander Spock, they both have been holding back on their feelings.
The Battle for Spock is not so-called war, but of the inner person's struggle of acceptance and trials.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Nyota slowly stood up, her mind in a daze, as thou in a trance. She walks into the shower, and removes the warrior outfit. As the water pours over her body, she's rethinking what Spock said:

"I want you to be my bondmate."

"I want to marry you."

"I want you to be my wife."

"I want you.... I want you.... I want you...."


It kept repeating in her mind; one minute she on a mission for the federation, next she's in a fighting ritual over Spock. And now she is engaged to be married to the man. She stands in the shower, the water continues to run down her body. The shock is still overwhelming her from his proposal. She bathes herself not aware that she's done so, steps out of the shower, dry and put on her robe. She feels punch drunk and stumbles to her bed and sits, and continue to re-live the romantic incident, as thou it was a dream again. She wraps her arms around herself and hugs, smiles, and then burst out laughing.

"Oh My God, Spock!" flops on the bed.

This is what she wanted, this is what she waited for, and Spock intends to marry her. 

She said to herself, she couldn't believe how smooth Spock really is. There is no foreplay in his book, he went straight to the point.

"Just like that."

However, most important she wanted to marry him, be with him, and know him. They need to take the time to discover each other especially cultures. She had studied Vulcan culture when she was at UCLA and at the academy, but experiencing them is a whole new thing. She sat up and looked at the chronometer, she had two hours to get ready and see Spock, and knowing that he is punctual kind of man, she didn't want to make her first mistake. She ran to her closet and start to sift through her clothes. As she did that, she thought all about her previous relationships, all failures, she was just a trophy piece to the men in her past life. Especially the one who really put her the Enterprise, he really broke her heart. She sighs as she felt of hurt and frustration of that relationship, but with Spock, it would be different. He saw past her beauty and worked with her as equal and professional. A smile reappeared on Nyota's face, and continue to shift through her closet and found a soft light off the shoulder green knee length dress, and lays it on the bed. She starts thinking about other women who have been trying for years to get close to Spock including herself. Their jobs were the closest thing, she trusted Spock on the bridge. The ship has been in so many crisis, that it's normal for the captain and Spock to solve them. She felt the strongest when they were both around, and accomplish many of her duties. Now she is in the beginning of a new relationship with a Vulcan, she looks at the dress again and touches it. Then she drapes the dress in front of her body, as the dress danced against her.


"This will do, something green to match his culture, something for the man I love."


She lays the dress down and went to her jewelry box to jewelry to match the dress. She wishes she have an anmoure stand one day to organize her jewelry. But at the moment she has the standard jewelry box, she's shifts through it and found matching earrings and bracelets. She looks in the mirror and gently put them on, and then she applied her foundation, eyeliner, lip gloss and blush.

Nyota stares into the mirror, and sees a different self, quietly takes a deep breath and turns to get the dress. She slips it on over her body and adjust the straps and fastens the dress up. Now she starts to get a little nervous, she looks in the mirror and stares at herself and tries to boost her confidence. She takes a deep breath and hopes Spock hasn't changed his mind, the proposal still plays in her mind like a recording. She knows deep down in her heart, soul and mind she loves this man. She always had, she wanted for a while to let him know, she could only do it during rec-time where they once sang and played the Ka'athyras together. All based on professional - friendship. She remembers what Tarla said about reconsidering our mating practices.*

Uhura didn't know it but she just conquered the grandest prize in the universe, on Vulcan, and Starfleet.

She gives herself one last look in the mirror and heads out the door. She totally ignores the wolf calls and stares. She is on a mission to meet her man.






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Beauty fades but stupidity is forever: Judge Judy Sheindlin; Love that girl. LOL

 

*The Battle for Spock part 1: chapter 4

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.