Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The True Measure

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

Nora follows Michael into the room and she sees her friend. Not wasting any time Nora rushes over and gathers Evangeline in her arms, 

 

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again!”she says as tears flow down her cheeks.  

 

Evangeline mumbles into Nora’s neck, “I’ll try not to, I promise.”  

 

They hug each other for what seems like forever, neither one wanting to let the other go.  Once they disengage Nora finds a chair behind her that Michael has graciously and silently moved for her use.  Nora sits down and just looks at Evangeline still trying to focus that her friend is actually here with her, safe and sound.  Evangeline takes Nora’s hand and tells her, 

 

“I saw your handwriting all over the swiftness and efficiency of those actions.  I can breathe now.  Thank you.”  

 

Nora takes Evangeline’s hand and puts it to her cheek and says, 

 

“No thanks needed.  You deserved swift justice and this town needed swift justice.  Those two (2) men terrorized this town for months and you young lady gave us everything that we needed to put them away for life. Now rest and get better. Lots of folks are waiting to see you.  I’ll take your mother home with me.  Michael says that you’re in the hospital for a few days and she shouldn’t be alone.  Anyway, I could use the company so she’ll be doing me a favor.  Is that okay with you Mrs. Williamson?”

 

Mrs. Williamson replies, “I’ll be delighted Nora since Evangeline already told me to leave with you.” 

 

Evangeline looks at both of them and says, “Good that’s settled.  I’ll see you later.  Bye.”

 

Nora and Mrs. Williamson go out to the waiting room and tell Officer Cerutti that it’s his turn.  He walks out and is gone for several minutes then returns to let Bo know that he’s going home now that he’s off duty and he’ll see him at the station tomorrow.  Cerutti leaves and Bo goes to visit Evangeline.

 

Bo hesitates at the door.  It saddens him about all that Evangeline has suffered.  He remembers that Natalie was also kidnapped and he’s also sorry for that.  But this is different.  Several times Natalie put herself in danger with the kidnappers all in an effort to gain John’s attention.  Evangeline was caught in the crossfire.  Neither woman deserved to suffer as they did but Natalie provoked the issue.  Leaving all of those thoughts in the hallway Bo enters the room to find Evangeline looking at him. 

 

“What took you so long?” she asks. 

 

“I didn’t want to come in the room with a sour puss face after thinking about what you’ve gone through,” Bo says. 

 

“Well thanks for the effort.  How’s Natalie?” Evangeline asks.  

 

And right there Bo knows just how gracious and kind a woman is Evangeline Williamson.  While he was waiting his turn to visit with Evangeline he stopped by his niece’s room.  Not once did Natalie ask anything about Evangeline and here is Evangeline asking about Natalie. 

 

Bo shakes his head and answers, “She’s doing well.  In fact they will release her tomorrow.”  

 

Evangeline saw Bo shake his head before he answered but she doesn’t want to know why he did nor does she want to talk anymore about Natalie. 

 

“Bo, I want to thank you and I want you to thank your staff for me for all of their hard work on this case. I know that they worked hard to find Natalie and me and I really appreciate their efforts so do thank them for me.”  

 

Evangeline says this most sincerely.  Bo walks up to her bed,

 

“Evangeline you are well worth the effort even if we were also doing our jobs.  John was on 24/7 trying to get clues to find you two.  Nora was crazy missing you and you know the station doesn’t function properly if we don’t see you at least once a week.” 

 

Bo chuckles that last part and he notices that she tenses when he says John’s name.  He knows that she still feels ‘something’ for John but what that ‘something’ is he is afraid to guess.  Bo leaves and returns to the waiting room to take Nora and Mrs. Williamson to Nora’s house.  

 

 

 

Author’s Note:  Once again another short chapter but come on you know that we have to separate John’s conversation from the others.  ;>)






Chapter End Notes:

Now that I've completed my other OLTL story I can try to complete this one.  Not too many more chapters left to do but their drama continues.  :-}







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.