Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


January 20th 2011

"Dominic is not the father"

"What?!?"

"Shh! keep your voice down!"

Patrice Vaughn bit her lower lip as she sat on the toilet in her stall. She had just finished changing her sanitary napkin and cleaning herself up to get back to work when she heard two voices enter the restroom.

It was her boss's wife Gianna Gallo and her co-worker Tammy Paulette.

"Gianna how is that?"

"I got pregnant in October" she explained "Dom thinks the baby is due the end of August when really the baby is coming mid July"

"Really?"

"What it's only a six week difference"

"But who...who is the father then?"

"Sal"

"Sal?!? You mean Sal as in Salvatore Lombardi?"

"Sal with the striking grey eyes, yes" Gianna gushed, "he sure has a good stroke too"

"You and Dom are married and you're carrying Sal's baby"

"He doesn't need to know that"

Patrice wasn't sure why she was surprised; everyone knew Gianna Gallo was a bitch but this was a new low for her. Salvatore Lombardi was Dominic's rival there was bad blood between them; was she really that fucking selfish?

"Tammy you've seen how hot Sal is"

"Yeah because I'm not married," Tammy replied, "Dom gives you the world"

"I actually gave Dom a favor by sleeping with Sal; you know damn well Sal is ready to gut throat this company" Gianna continued

"Yes but Dom is going to find out eventually the kid isn't his"

"No he won't if you and everyone keeps their mouths shut"

"Oh well you don't have to worry about me saying anything"

"Good"

 "I would worry about Trice though"

"Trice?"

Patrice now bunched up the hem of her dress in her sweaty palms; she had a feeling that the two women knew she was in the bathroom but remained silent.

"Patrice Vaughn" Tammy said "she's your husband's assistant and she confides in Dom about pretty much everything"

"You mean that good two shoes black bitch?" Gianna said disgusted "I fucking hate her and I wish Dom would fire her; he talks about her work performance all the time he's probably fucking her"

Tammy chuckled

"I honestly think she has a crush on him because she goes out of her way for everything Dom needs in the office"

"She needs to stay in her lane"

"Well they did grow up in the same neighborhood and both their fathers were-"

"Whatever if she knows what's good for her she won't say a damn thing; I could get her fired with a snap of my fingers"

As soon as the two women left the restroom Patrice felt like she could breathe again.

Gianna did have a point that she definitely could get her fired.

However Patrice had always been honest with Dominic and she never lied to him.The two of them had well balanced friendship; or at least as balanced a friendship could be since he was a married man.

It was a daily internal struggle for Patrice to keep her feelings in check but she managed to do so. Even though Dominic was married to that bitch; Patrice didn't want to see him hurt by this either.

 

"Patrice"

"Patrice"

"Patrice"

"Huh?" she snapped out of her daze looking up from her keyboard.

The deep chuckle sent a chill down her spine and her heart pitter-pattered. Patrice looked up to see Dominic Gallo standing in front of her desk with a slightly amused look on his face.

"Do you have today's reports done?"

"Oh! Yes I have it done" Patrice replied getting her papers in order "it's right here"

"Are you okay?" Dominic noted "you've haven't been yourself for the past few days"

"Something bothering you here in the office or is it personal?"

"It's nothing"

"You sure?"

It was nothing really; just that she knew that his bitch of a wife was committing adultery behind his back and that the unborn baby she is carrying isn't his.

"I'm sure"

"Well if you ever change your mind I'm all ears Trice"

"Please don't call me that," she said now feeling guilty about the nickname

"I've always called you that since we were ---"

"Ten I know" she cut him off "but we're not kids anymore and you're a married man people already talk about...it just doesn't look good okay"

Dominic was concerned with the rather defensive vibes she was giving; like a dog growling at a stranger

"It makes you uncomfortable?"

"Sort of yes"

Dominic frowned a little at that because this was new for him because up until now Patrice had no objection to the nickname. What the hell was going on?

"Anyway I'm just going to get back to my work"

"You're sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure"

Still a bit puzzled by Patrice's strange behavior; Dominic left her to her work.

Patrice knew that if Dominic ever found out the truth it would tear him apart.

 

On July 25th 2011 Dominic John Gallo Jr nicknamed "Nicky" was born.

The little boy weighed in at a healthy eight pounds and six ounces.

The first grandson on both sides of the family so there was much joy to go around. Dominic was listed as the proud father on the birth certificate.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.