Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Overcoming our Past

 

(All right folks!  Tell me did you see this coming?)   ;>)

 

 

The Case, the Trial, the Verdict

 

Chapter 4

 

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

“Jethro!  Jethro!  Your alarm went off.  It’s time to get up.”

 

Oh thank God!  It was just a dream.  I’m in my bed.  I’m in my bed at my home.  Margie is looking at me worried.  I rarely use an alarm let alone sleep past it but that dream has me rattled.  I guess that all that business with Deakin has shaken me up more than I thought it had.  Will this case ever be put to rest?  How many more people will come out of the woodwork to accuse me?  When will all of this end?

 

xXxXxXx

 

Years ago shortly after their wedding Jethro and Marjorie sit and talk about professional issues that might affect their marriage.  Of course, Margie’s espionage activities and their affect upon national security were best left not discussed and so they limit their conversation to things that either of them may have done outside of their professional activities.  Not in any fashion to put either in harm’s way they know that now that they are married they cannot be compelled to testify against the other but they still do not want to divulge too much in order to maintain ‘plausible deniability’.  

 

One matter though Jethro determines that he must divulge, the death of Pedro Hernandez, member of the Reynoso Cartel in Mexico.

 

Jethro tells Margie everything about that case.  He tells how his first wife Shannon and their daughter Kelly were killed.  How Shannon witnessed Hernandez killing Marine Sergeant Tanner and agreed to testify against Hernandez.  How Hernandez ordered their murders.  At the time of their deaths Gibbs was deployed overseas.  He returned and exacted revenge for their deaths by killing Hernandez.    Jethro killed an unarmed man.

 

Margie is in no way a ‘shrinking violet’ and knows how to handle herself and her business.  Upon learning of this event in Jethro’s past, Margie makes plans to protect her husband.  From that moment on and until this present day she has built up an arsenal of legal tools, evidence, personnel, and whatever else she can think of to use should this past event seep into the present to threaten the safety of her husband and their family. 

 

During the course of gathering information on this case Margie catalogs that:

 

-Pedro Hernandez was a leading member of the Reynoso Cartel in Mexico;

 

-Navel Investigative Service (NIS) Agent Kurt Mitchell provided protection for Shannon and Kelly Gibbs and his death while driving them to a safe house resulted in the vehicle crash that killed Gibbs’s family;

 

-USMC Lt. Lara Macy investigated Jethro in the death of Hernandez and learned of his guilt but covered it up;

 

-NCIS Forensic Scientist Abigail Sciuto’s report was done while training a class for members of a Mexican-American anti-drug task force to combat the drug cartels, notably the Reynoso Cartel;

 

-Alejandro Rivera, an official in the Mexican Department of Justice at the time, served as the Mexican liaison for the task force and supplied the cold case that Abby used for her training class.  Never revealing that the cold case was that of his father, Pedro Hernandez; and

 

-Attorney Margaret Alison Hart was also working on the task force.

 

Although an attorney herself, Margie knows that she could never handle such a case, ‘conflict of interest’, so she finds Attorney Hart and retains her services if ever this case comes to trial.  Jethro did relate to Margie that Attorney Hart told him that she thought that he could ‘beat the charges’.  For someone to have such confidence about winning the case Margie knows that she has to have that person on their team.  At first Atty. Hart balks at the idea because the case may never come to light but Margie insists that they have to have everything in place if it ever does.  Margie knows how things done in the dark have a way of coming into the light and with the number of people who know about this case or think that they know about this case it is not a risk that Margie is willing to take.  Atty. Hart finally agrees and Margie sets up a bank account from which Atty. Hart can withdraw funds needed to defend this case if ever it comes to trial.

 

Learning that Director Vance destroyed the only copy of the report and that Abby destroyed all evidence of her report Margie compiles a list of all persons, living, who have knowledge of or suspects Jethro’s involvement in Hernandez’s death, not including NCIS staff:

 

-Alejandro Rivera

-Judge Miles Deakin

-Richard Parsons, Department of Defense General Investigator

 

Margie hopes that she never has to use all of the information and resources that she has gathered but that whole thing with Deakin and the vigilante justice group further confirms that this matter will always remain ‘an accident waiting to happen’.






Chapter End Notes:

So did we catch you by surprise with this revelation?  One more chapter to go, do stay around until the end.  You know that you want to. :>)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.